main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Yet somehow we’ve gone from Sufi-Dyas to the procedure for healing a 50 year old woman’s uterus. Thinking about this too much is our problem.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The ZOMG Don’t Click This Thread - This Time We Mean It

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That's the part where deductive reasoning comes in. Multiple clues were put into the film. You go over each clue and see how they connect. That's why there's no moment of explanation saying that Sifo-Dyas did it on his own and by a strange twist of fate, the Sith find out about it after he took a long walk off a short peir. Even before TCW, it was obvious.

Right. But that still did not mean that there was going to be a verbal discussion where we were going to get a detailed accounting of what happened. Palpatine atine giving the greenlight to kill Jedi was it.

Considering the history of the Sith being tied to the Republic, you would have to have a galaxy of "holocaust deniers" to be clueless.

Wait a minute. Luke never said that he hadn't heard of the Jedi in ANH. He just didn't know about the Force, or how Anakin died. Han never said that he hadn't heard of them either. Just that he didn't believe in the Force.

If you are talking about The New 52, then yes. But between 2006-2011, DC stated that fifteen years had passed between "Batman: Year One" to the conclusion of "52". During which five to six years for Dick Grayson, three years for Jason Todd, three for Tim Drake and then currently for Damien. Since "Rebirth", DC has leaned into nearly 20 years.

Kid was either trolling you, or is cracked in the head.

4. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    I didn’t say that it would be a ‘detailed accounting.’ Your explanation is that everything we need is in AOTC, yet Lucas himself says that it would be explained in ROTS, where no further information is provided. He changed his mind is the only explanation, yet you’re insisting that he intended it to be settled with AOTC.

Bacon164 likes this.
  5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I know this is kind of a dumb question in light of the recurring Sifo-Dildoass “debate” but are you really so obsessed with getting the last word that you can’t just let my accurate statement slide?

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Because he heard complaints about it, among other things. So he spoke about it in the commentary.

This is not about having the last word. I corrected the record. I do that. You don't like it, tough. Put me on ignore or ban me.

7. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Your position is that he released AOTC, heard complaints about Sify-Dyas not being explained, stated it would be explained further in ROTS in the AOTC commentary, but then didn’t because he felt it was already explained enough in AOTC?

Bacon164 likes this.
  8. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    “Someone in the Jedi Order has been hiding this whole system from the Jedi Archives. It does come out in the next movie exactly what’s behind all this, but I wanted to have it there in this movie, but not so strongly that you ask who is the one who erased the tapes and who started the army and how all that works, because it’s something that, unfortunately, doesn’t get revealed until the third film.” George Lucas quote in question, Attack of the Clones audio commentary

9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Sinister the only thing you've demonstrated is that you are willing to argue the sky is green until you are outright blue in the face.

10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I like that this thread is pinned at the top of the JCC.

Ghost likes this.
  11. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Right. He wasn't going to give away that the Sith were responsible for it. That's why he said that. Hence what he said in the ROTS commentary.

12. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    But if AOTC as written "doesn't give it away" you can't also say that the question is obviously answered. By definition it is not.

13. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    So he doesn’t give the answer away in AOTC, but then he says that the answer is obvious if you’re paying attention in AOTC?

What further information was he intending to give away in ROTS that he hadn’t already given away in AOTC?

Darth__Lobot and DarthIntegral like this.
  14. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  15. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Rarely have I seen somebody talk himself into a corner like this on here, and it's pretty funny to see. Because the more he claims it was all obvious, the more incompetent he makes the Jedi look.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
  16. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    ok ... I don't think I'm ever gonna forget that last page. Dr. Wocky : Space Gynaecologist .

17. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Sifo-Dyyyyyas
    We make our dreams come truuuue
    Sifo-Dyyyyyas
    We'll do the same for youuuuuuu

Ramza and TiniTinyTony like this.
  18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    D-d-d danger lurks behind you
    There's a stranger out to find you
    What to do, just grab on to some...

Sifo! Woo-oo!

19. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    So I think we can agree that while recording the audio commentary for AOTC, Lucas intended to reveal who ordered the clone army and who erased Kamino from the archives in film 3.

20. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I bet Sifo-Dyas deleted it from the DVD.

21. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I mean Palpatine could've done a villain's monologue where he reveals to the jedi "It was I who organised the building of the clone army, Dooku posing as Tyranus worked with Dyas who had had a vision of a future war ... yaddah-yaddah..." but then he figured it's more dramatic to have him issue Order 66 and this is like a massive blow which also confirms that he had control all the time.

writers change their mind all the time while writing.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    Ghost and TiniTinyTony like this.
  22. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    ok that could've been a sick little monologue he gives to Windu before Anakin gets there

Ghost likes this.
  23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Wait? The PT movies were badly written? This is the first I'm hearing this.

Darth__Lobot and Sarge like this.
  24. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    20 Jedi tried to clone him
    20 Jedi made a slip
    21 would be the Sifo
    with the Dyas on his hip

25. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Once the Army is revealed, the Republic takes control of both the soldiers produced and the contract to make more. That means it’s really impossible to tell if Order 66 was something that was always a part of the Clone Army’s orders, or if Palpatine inserted that secretly some time after Geonosis. The whole issue of who “ordered” the clones first is irrelevant because Palpatine is the most logical contract holder once the war starts.