main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Theater-Recordings of the Orignal Trilogy

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Rex Martinez, Dec 20, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Rex Martinez

Rex Martinez Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2022
    Hello There,

First of all, let me introduce myself a bit, I'm a big Fan of the Classic "Original" Trilogy and also a passionate Collector of old Theater-Recorded Versions of Classic Films. I saw once in another SW forum, that actually existing some Audio Recordings of the first Star Wars from 1977 with Audience Reactions. An example is the so-called "Scofield" Audio which was recorded with a Cassette Recorder in the Theater during the Screening of ANH way back in 1977, where you can also hear some nice Reactions from the Audience. I also have a very bad Video Recording of a 35mm Screening of ANH and tried to sync up the sources.

Personally, it doesn't give anything that I loved more, than watching old Theater Recorded Versions of Movies no matter how bad the Quality is, bc this is something I have the ultimate chance to experience the Movie with the Original Audience of their time.

Now I know of several other Forum threads that people had snuck a Tape recorder in screenings and recorded the Audio of the Orignal three Star Wars films back in the day and I was wondering if anyone here might still have such a Recording on an old Audio Cassette? I genuinely hope to find someday someone who might still have his Audio Recording.

So, if anyone here might still have one, I would be more than happy if he could contact me through DM.

At the end of the Day, I just want to experience the magic to watch Original Films in the Theater as I wherein 1977 and those Recordings give me exactly that feeling who is undescribably important to me.

May the Force be with you all...

Rex

RogueDianoga likes this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

3. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    No, I don't have any, but I wish I did. I do remember one thing from when I first saw ANH back in June, 1977. After the Death Star blew up, when we saw Vader tumbling in space, I heard some in the audience laugh at him.
    I bet they weren't laughing three years later...

Rex Martinez likes this.
  4. Rex Martinez

Dec 19, 2022
    yeah, I can imagine that... I also would love to hear some reactions of ESB of the Big Reveal:D this must be a priceless experience to sit there for and first time watching Star Wars. A famous reaction from 77 is the cheering at the explosion of the Death Star, this was also in the Scofield Audio as well as some stunning sounds made by the Audience after they saw the first Lightsaber scene with Luke.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  5. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    One thing I remember from 1983, when I saw ROTJ on opening day: when Vader stood there watching the Emperor zap Luke, trying to decide what to do, we in the audience were all shouting at the screen: "Come on! Help him! Do something!" And when he finally grabbed that old tyrant and tossed him to his doom (and, yes, it was his doom), the cheer we let out could be heard two states away.
    By comparison, in 1994 when I saw a benefit showing of the original OT, we in the audience were utterly silent watching Luke get shocked. But when Vader started to move, that's when the huge cheer went up.
    On reflection, both times it would probably have blown out the mic on any tape recorder brought into the theater.

BlackRanger, Sarge and Rex Martinez like this.
  6. Rex Martinez

Dec 19, 2022
    I wish I had been there back then...these are exactly the reasons why I would love to hear such an Audio Recording so badly.

Kenneth Morgan and Sarge like this.