main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thematically, what is each Indiana Jones about?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Seagoat, Mar 16, 2016.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the overriding theme of the Indy series is "You gotta have faith." In the end of each one, Indy overcomes his disbelief and rolls with the mystical events happening. Greed is bad cuz the bad guys keep trying to seize the artifact for themselves and usually (literally!) burn in the process, faith is good.

The 3 sequels (okay 2 sequels and 1 prequel) also have a strong family theme. Does Raiders have a family theme? Lil bit, Indy is looking for Abner Ravenwood but ends up with his daughter / a girlfriend / "Your %#damn partner!!" Maybe not as much as the other ones but it's there.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    christophero30 and Sarge like this.
  2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I agree the overarcing themes seem to be faith and family to me...Also I suppose the idea of "doing the right thing" could be one as well. That seems to be a recurring sentiment in the four films...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 and christophero30 like this.
  3. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Some brilliant analysis here. I watched Raiders a week ago and it's just a perfect movie. Everything about it is top notch, and Spielberg's use of camera, combined with the music and editing are just breathtaking.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    @Ingram_I, just re-read your contribution to this thread. Marvellous analyses. =D=

christophero30 likes this.