main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist TheOnlyJediPrincess's Illustrations Backlash Comic adaptation (may 5)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheOnlyJediPrincess, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    one of The Official Art Challenge topics is Depict how you envision Jacen Solo's sacrifice. This drawn from Jacen's point of view. He has just made his "Sacrifice." I think he will go into disbelief of what he just did. He is looking at his lightsaber and leans against the wall. his hand slips bit because of the blood on his hands.

I'll probably put this one in the scraps. There is something wrong with the angle of one of the hands. I had to scan it into two peaces and then put it together. I don't think I'm going to enter it in the challenge.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix it up, I would love your suggestions.

Jacen's Sacrifce

Thanks for looking!

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Oh, shame on me! Haven't been here for a while. :(

Sorry, I can't help you with the hands. I'm a loser when it comes to drawing them, that why I prefer to draw portraits... [face_blush]
    I've tried it with my own hands and it looks exactly the way you've drawn it. [face_thinking]
    So I'd say it's well done! :D =D=

And Cade looks awesome! :eek: [face_love] =D= That's a phantastic drawing! I love it!

The young Luke looks a bit like T.K., someone from the Digimon series.... [face_blush] :p So cute! :D =D=

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey, TOJP--we've already discussed the hands and all that, so I won't belabor that point here--I just wanted to say again what a powerful image I think this is: there's so much said, with a relatively simple composition--the blood, the weapon-hand fingers loose around the hilt, the apparent posture, with the weight leaning against the wall...so awful, and so powerful. It's an awesome idea, to put us into this POV--something I don't think I've ever thought about for a piece--we put ourselves into Jacen's boots, and thus must consider what he may indeed be experiencing... Very strong image, and I think it needs to go into the Challenge thread!

FF

4. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Chilla- Hay Thanks for stopping buy. There are a lot of things to see in this forum. it's hard to get to all of it. I'm happy to get the good feed back on Jacen's Sacrifice. I was really worried about how that would turn out. Thanks so much for the feed back.

FF- Thanks again. I'm counting down the days until we find out what really happens [face_whistling].

Here is my most recent drawing. It's Jegged Fel from the NJO series. I thought about doing him from the LOF series but I like him more in the NJO more. I say this a lot but Jaina and Jag really need to get back together [face_praying]. anyways here he is

Jagged Fel

Enjoy everyone!

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Looks like you used the guy who plays Viktor Krum in Harry Potter as a model. Good call. I thought the guy really looked like Jag when I saw him. You got his likeness down very well. Good job.

6. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    ThrawnRocks - Good Eye! I did use Victor Krum as a model. I was thinking of changing his uniform but I liked it as is. thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Thanks!

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    This is a wonderful portrait of Jag--the standard military buzzcut, the stern expression. Great shading and contrasts throughout, and I like that shirt--it seems very "Jag" for some reason! ;) Excellent portrait!

FF

8. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Here is my new drawing. I started drawing this a few months ago, but I was distracted by other drawings I wanted to do. the blue was a last minute choice. I think was a good one. gives the drawing a cold feeling.

Luke Skywalker Hoth Scout

Enjoy!

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very good likeness, TOJP (and Luke's is one of those really-difficult faces to capture, too!)! =D= I too like the blue color--it does lend a cold feel to things. Great work on the costuming--I'm particularly impressed with how the goggles look (there's a definite transparent look to them!). The eyes look just a bit "flat" to me--I think if you added in some more contrast there (some, not too much) and some obvious catch-lights it would "liven" them up a bit more. The shape and size are correct--they just need a bit of "brightening" to make them pop a bit more (eyes need that "wet look" to add some life to them--catch-lights are the quickest way to achieve that). That's a cool b/g you have there--was that in the ref photo, or was it something you made up...? The darker tones really stand him out in the piece--well done!

FF

10. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Thanks I'm glad you like it. and your right about the eyes. I'll have to fix them. I like how the goggles turned out, better then I thought that they would. I like the back ground too, and to think I almost didn't put a back ground. I think another reason I didn't finish this drawing right away was because I felt his face was too square. However someone pointed out that his face looks square because of the hat he was wearing. so I just left it and it turned out. thanks

11. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
  12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    **giggling as 'geeky fangirliness' asserts ****

Ahem... The correct spelling is "Corellian..." Alright--now that I've dispensed with the complete nerdiness of that opening statement... ;) :p

You know already I really like this style: it's just so bold and bright and unique (I truly don't think I've seen anything quite approaching this--very distinctive!)--the bloodstripe behind him is so appropriate, too! So much in keeping with the character. And of course, that unmistakable "Solo Smirk!" I'll reiterate my comment about making this a series of the main characters: I think it'd be soooo cool to see Luke, Leia, Chewie, Vader--all the big players from the OT--done in this style: it'd be like a set of collector cards! Too much fun! Think about it!

The Mando skull/standard is a wonderful piece--I don't really think it needs color, as it looks so cool as it is now. Wonderful shading you've done, to give it relief--really cool! :cool: Very nice!

FF

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh, wow! I saw the Han piece and I squealed like a fangirl! :p

I agree with FF that you captured that Solo smirk perfectly. You definitely have his presence. Using the Corellian Bloodstripe as a background image was a nice touch as well. Overall, this is a really fun piece! Nice job!

The Mandalorian skull also has some nice graphite work going on. Once again, nice job! :D

14. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, the Han Solo one is cool! I, too, like the background and Han's smirk. =D=

And the Mandalorian Skull is creepy, but you've managed to capture it perfectly and I like the shading here.
    :D =D=

Well done!

15. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    FF - um yea...[face_blush] I'm a horrible speller. especially when I'm typing fast. but thanks! :D I Knew you would like him. I'm glad the smerk worked, because the picture I used as a reference he was not smiling at all. as for the jaw line, I looked at it again and I can see where is can be tone down a bit. as for getting more characters in this style, I think I might have to take that idea and run with it. I've been lacking ideas recently. I've running out of them before the next months of the fan art challenge in up. [face_thinking]

HanSolo29 - Thanks! :)

Chilla- Thanks! :D

Wow thanks so much everyone. It makes me so happy when reading your comments. [face_dancing]

16. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    I finished reading Barth Bane Path of Destruction a few weeks ago. Awesome book by the way. I always pictured this character, Githany a certain way. when I finally looked at the picture of her from the comics I was kind of disappointed. My vision of her didn't match theirs. So I drew a picture of how I had though she looked like. I don't remember reading anything about her having the tattoo on her forehead so that's why I didn't put it in the picture.

A little bit about Githany is she was a Jedi turned Sith during th e Sith era. she was also the love intrest for Darth Bane.

Lady Githany

Enjoy!

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Darth Bane had a love interest...? I rather thought Sith didn't indulge in "love..." **shrug** ;)

Very nice sketch--again, a beautiful woman bent on wreaking havoc and dispensing death is rather enigmatic, no? ;) Too bad for anyone judging her by her beauty, then! :p Love the lightwhip...I've often wondered how one would draw something like that--now I know! ;) Great shading, and a good character design!

FF

18. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Since you kindly requested the coloring, thought I would put in here as well...

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/Lady_Githany_by_JediSeeker1color.jpg]

19. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Brava! I see that you've got a great progress!=D=

20. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006

FF - Thank you very much! if you have the time you should read the book it's very good.

BF - [face_dancing] Thanks you so much! I love her eyes they are very hypnotic.I love the pic [face_love].

NLS - Thanks I'm glad there is a noticeable improvement.

21. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Lady Githany looks great!!! It's great to see a lightwhip - seriously, I had no idea how that would look like. But it certainly looks like a very dangerous weapon and I can see why Darth Bane was interested in her. She's beautiful! =D=
    And the coloring is awesome! =D=

22. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    I decided that I haven't done many Star Wars drawing recently. I drew this picture of Jacen with the intention of doing him darker, but I just couldn't do it. I like his character more in the NJO. I just want to smack him in LOF.

I want to put a background to it, but I'm not sure what I should do. I was thinking of having him on a deck bridge with a planet behind him. or putting Allan there so it would be like he is thinking of her. I'm open to other suggestions if you have any.

Jacen Solo WIP

Enjoy!

23. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    So here is the Finished Jacen Solo. It was slow at work so I was able to work on it a little. I decided to go with he view port background. I hope every one likes it!

Jacen Solo

Enjoy!

24. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    I imagine this scene to take place right after Luke gets shot down by Jaina. She has returned to Kashyyyk full of remorse.

I killed Him!

I hope everyone enjoys it!

TOJP

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow! That's really a great pose! Her expression and body language tell so much in such a simple gesture. I haven't read the book yet(I'm very far behind [face_shhh] ), but judging from the little blurb you posted, you captured the moment perfectly. There's even a lot of care put into the background. Beautiful rendering of the Wookiee tree house, btw. I really like what you did there. Overall, a very solid piece! Nice job! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.