main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Theory on Princess Leia = Supreme Leader Snoke

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by georglucass, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yeah, makes no sense indeed. o_O

Django Fett likes this.
  2. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    Snoke is a he.

Snoke is not human.

That's where any theory about Snoke being a female and/or anyone who is human ends, before they even begin.

Snoke is Snoke. Why can't that be OK?

11-4D, Cyan_Dawn and DavidSword79 like this.
  3. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    For those saying Leia is too much Anakin, so she would turn to the Dark Side: yes, Leia share many aspects of her father’s personality (though Luke is the whining type, just like Anakin).

But Leia is what her father would be, had he never turned (minus the Jedi part, because she’s a politician and leader like her mother): bad-tempered and with a sharp tongue, but ultimately good and incorruptible, always fighting for the greater good of the galaxy.

4. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    So this would be divorce situation with Kylo choosing mommy in the extremely hard way?

5. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    you once posted that we should not make once character worse to let the other one shine. This is exactly the opposite of what you request from others. You did typecast Luke in your post as a whiner. [face_dunno]

6. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015

Well, Luke (at beginning of ANH) was a whiner, just like Anakin in ATOC. I'm not attacking Luke so Leia can look good (she doesn't need my help), I'm merely saying the truth about his character, though it's true that Luke stopped whining with time.

Even our favorite characters may have flaws. Leia was hot-tempered and Luke was a whiny brat. But both were teenagers and grew up to become the galaxy's greatest heroes.

nightangel likes this.
  7. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Everyone knows Snoke = Kitster. Can we move on, now?

8. Robert Merrill

Robert Merrill Jedi Master star 2

Sep 23, 2014
    This theory is absolutely repulsive.

MattOrgana likes this.
  9. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Luke was NEVER as whiny as Anakin was. Luke whined A LITTLE, about things that you'd expect that a bored teenager would whine about. Heck I used to do it myself at times when I was that age. But Luke was never as consistently whiny, or creepily possessive, as Anakin was.

As for Leia, she does share some traits with Anakin (more so than Luke, I agree with that). She is much more open about her passions/emotions, can be rude/blunt at times, and demonstrates a ruthless streak at times. BUT, she takes it NOWHERE NEAR as far as Anakin did, and demonstrates a level of compassion/restraint/selflessness that he never had.

Darth_Pevra and nightangel like this.
  10. GeneralOrgana

GeneralOrgana Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    I actually think Leia is a foil to Anakin. His tragic flaw was allowing his personal losses to completely consume and possess him... that's the exact opposite of Leia's characterization when she's placed under similarly devastating circumstances time and time again.

MattOrgana likes this.
  11. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Wait, what? Just.....huh?

12. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    wow, the 2nd time I 100% agree with you. =D= I'm worried now. o_O

13. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Gender is far from a black and white issue.

[​IMG]

14. BB_Gr8

BB_Gr8 Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2015
    I don't think Leia will be that important. Carrie Fisher is basically making a cameo in these movies. In my opinion, she won't be a part of anything that requires more screen time than she got in Episode VII.

15. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    I mean no offense to her, but Carrie Fisher made very clear in TFA that she can't act anymore. Her line delivery was poor and her expressions were worse. I hope she doesn't have more time in the next films than what she had in TFA. Let's focus on the new generations.

Also, her being Snoke is nonsense.

16. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I thought that she was fine in TFA honestly. It fit with the experienced but also somewhat weary war leader that she'd become over the last few decades.

17. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015

That's interesting, because she received praising reviews for her roles in TFA and it the UK TV series Catastrophe. And her roles both in the ST and in the second season of the series will get bigger. Carrie Fisher is an Emmy-nominated actress who had her own successful show on Broadway.

Colin Trevorrow says he wants Leia to have a bigger role, it was reported she'll receive a bigger salary for Ep. VIII and IX, because her role will grow. It was also reported that VIII and IX will be Luke and Leia's stories, like TFA was Han's.

http://www.etonline.com/news/179765...ises_satisfying_answer_to_star_wars_theories/

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/harrison-ford-star-wars-pay-force-awakens-cast-1201666236/

http://www.inafarawaygalaxy.com/2014/12/sony-email-leak-gives-credence-to-han.html

But yes, her being Snoke is nonsense. I agree.

18. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I wouldn't exactly call her appearance in TFA a cameo. It wasn't a super-huge role, but once she showed up she did have a presence.

19. JForceWideAwake

JForceWideAwake Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2016
    Crazy as it sounds, this theory also makes sense as it provides a plot twist to equal the "Luke, I am your father" scene from Empire. I'd been trying to think of a story beat with these new characters that could equal that one moment and I couldn't think of anything but I have to admit this theory would do it.

It's clear that one of the mandates in writing "Awakens" was to recapture some of the magic of "New Hope" by hitting the same story beats along the way. To truly equal "Empire" they'd need a big plot twist. It would need to be something really personal and a little shocking. Rey being Luke's daughter wouldn't have the same evil twist and wouldn't be controversial among fans (At the time of Empire, Vader being Luke's father was controversial and generated tons of debate).

So if this isn't the colossal crazy, evil, familial, controversial plot twist story beat, what will it be? What else would be an alternate theory to mirror "I am your father" if we say this one is too crazy? Anyone have any ideas?

20. Avalanche19

Avalanche19 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 3, 2016
    Threads like these make me wish there weren't.

21. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    The theory is ridiculous as is, but Carrie Fisher (as much as a love her) doesn't have the acting chops or gravitas to play the Big Bad. As with TFA, she'll have bit parts in the next films, and probably nothing too dramatic.

22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    She is Snoke - definitely
    This is the outcome of Botox and too much face lifting

23. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I feel like I'm the only one who loved her in VII and thought she did fine.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Since we already have a Leia thread & a plethora of Snoke threads, and the odds of this theory being accurate are about 3,720 to 1, let's move this discussion to one of them. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.