main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Amph "There are seven thrones." Black Adam (Release Date: 7/29/22)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 29, 2021.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

A release date for this film has finally been announced. For reference, The Rock first talked about taking on the role of Shazam or Black Adam at least as far back at 2007. It will have literally taken 15 years to finally reach the screen.

In related news:

The news follows on from Pierce Brosnan scoring the role of classic hero Dr. Fate alongside Aldis Hodge as Hawkman, Noah Centineo as Atom Smasher and Quintessa Swindell as Cyclone in the film.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Jul 13, 2008
    I hope they remain faithful to the essential spirit of the original portrayal of the character and have him shrivel up and die after being outsmarted by a comic relief character with no special abilities.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rebuilding this one-off nothing into Captain Ma... er, Shazam's greatest enemy in the 1970s - when you couldn't exactly use Captain Nazi anymore - was a very smart move on DC's part, but still.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Thankfully, an updated Captain Nazi would be a wholly fitting character for a present-day take.

Sigh.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval TV Screaming Service / FFS! star 9 Staff Member Manager

Aug 19, 2003
    SHAZAM: FURY OF THE GODS
    SHAZAM: FURY OF THE GOP

PymParticles and Juliet316 like this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 8

Jul 19, 1999
    So none of you have read Johns' JSA run? As that did quite a bit with the character.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    This Black Adam film is setting up to be a precursor for a Justice Society film (doubtful that WB/DC will use "America") with the cast of characters. DC is moving onward and upward.

heels1785 likes this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga/JCC Manager star 9 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    aldis hodge is a tremendous actor, remember him first from friday night lights, in which he took on a very tough role at a very young age. looking forward to seeing his take on hawkman.

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I read that he moved the Moon. I mean, how over the top are they gonna go?

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm very intrigued by Pierce Brosnan as Kent Nelson. It's not someone I would normally think of, but given his current age and his films, it actually seems like a really good fit.

PymParticles and heels1785 like this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval TV Screaming Service / FFS! star 9 Staff Member Manager

Aug 19, 2003
    This is my favorite casting in the entire current DCEU. The potential is limitless.