main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "There's More Than One King" - The MonsterVerse [Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Eeth-my-Koth, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Amen, “Come forth Ghidorah, give us a beautiful demise!”

Trivia: King Ghidorah/ Monster Zero was suppose to have seven head and be a true Hydra, but the creators felt seven heads was too many. I am glad they made this decision, Ghidorah’s three head design is perfection.

2. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Greatest trailer of all time. I'm stoked for this.

3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    God vs Kong, my bets are on God. :p

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    They could be framing Kong as the underape in the fight because giant monster with nuclear breath on the surface seems like a curbstomp. I still think they'll do a 3rd act teamup they can keep under wraps because they can basically sell the entire movie on all the Kong Godzilla fight.

As neat as the trailer was, I am still accepting that they'll be a lot of human melodrama, as was in the 2 Godzilla movies and Kong skull island.

6. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    This whole forum in two quotes

7. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Because we all watch giant monster movies for the human melodrama. :p

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Honestly the human scenes are basically filler or else the FX spectacle movies would be like 30 minutes. I thought the Gareth Edwards one is the only film out of all 3 where the human character stuff actually worked well. Bryan Cranston adds a lot of pathos. King of Monsters was just a soap opera but the corniness fit.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Dagobahsystem and christophero30 like this.
  9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Agree, on all these points.

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    And any of the Japanese movies. Sometime I wonder if the people complaining about the human drama in kajiu movies have seen any of the originals? The human drama have always been part of the genre.

11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I wish Gigan had been the insect Kajiu in last two Godzilla films.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
  14. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    What the hell is the point in delaying it 5 days?

15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Reshoots?

16. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Those Kong banana breaks really add up. [face_monkey]Word is the two didn't get along and spent all their time in their trailers.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Gamiel and Kato Sai like this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Piracy, probably. Wonder Woman 1984 launched a week earlier overseas, once the UHD rips hit when it lands on HBOMax it's easier to see without going to the theatre overseas.

Not sure how the digital rental situation is overseas for WB films, I think UK can finally rent WW84 now. Canada has been offering the WB HBOMax movies for 30 dollar rentals (the HBOMax deal with Crave doesn't cover the "theatrical" releases) at the same time they hit HBOMax in the States. No digital date for GvK yet they seem to be announcing it only 2 weeks before, but this weekend Little Things which hits HBOMax will be available in Canada for 30 bucks rental. Fun fact, Wonder Woman 1984 left HBOMax this weekend but still available for Digital Rental in Canada.

18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I was going to point out that delaying the release day does not actually deter piracy at all... but then I remembered that unlike Hollywood executives I actually know how piracy works, so yeah, sounds plausible.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    (too much illegal talk. I'll edit myself)

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    People could watch cam rips of GvK at first when it releases overseas or international viewers go to the theatre but once that HBOMax quality rip hits widespread on the piracy scene definitely some viewers would go with that instead. So there's like now a 5 day window where it's "Only in theatres".

I doubt piracy really eats that much into the bottom line but y'know execs probably think a week earlier overseas would actually do something.

21. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Did the person making the trailer hate Godzilla or something? It's all Kong and then Kong punching/hitting Godzilla. :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Just like the guy who directed Alien Vs Predator favored the Xenomorph.

christophero30 likes this.
  23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Probably a combination of the trend of the past decade of releasing films in theaters overseas first to generate hype for the US launch and wanting to be a little closer to the abandoned 007 release slot (and, thus, closer to Easter weekend). Not to mention gives them one more week for a smidge of additional time towards vaccine concerns.

JoshieHewls likes this.
  24. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Response to the trailer has been very positive. I think in general an ape vs. reptile fight is more more interesting than dinos going at it.

25. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Really enjoyed that trailer. Impressive fight scenes. I noticed Mechagodzilla in there too. Thought the choice in music though was off, didn't suit.

GregMcP and christophero30 like this.