main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN "These arent the toys your looking for..." - The Official Memphis FF Collectors Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheDarknessX, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Y'all (I've been practising saying that religiously, Tim would be proud :D ) need to check out the Twisted Oz figures from McFarlane. Isn't that right, Tim? [face_devil]

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm quite proud of you, Ben. You're learning.

And those McFarlane figs are just wicked. He is so wrong for that.

3. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I dig the flying monkey figs- they remind me of a resin kit I saw in Amazing Figure Modeler a few years back.

I'm not a big fan of McFarlane- but dang his company's toys rock!

Ben- great southern accent! Now we've gotta teach you how to ask, "How's yer momma 'n dem?" and "You'ahnt-to?" Oh, "Fixin' tuh." is the proper response for when anyone asks if you're about to do something- or "sumptin'" as it is pronounced in most parts around here.

Cheers!

Lin

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    And "Cheers" means "thanks" when on the other side of the Atlantic, Lin.

See, even I learned something!

5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    They still drink after saying it, right?

Here's a link for some cool custom muppet figures. Some Star Wars, some Batman.

http://rebootilicious.rbcorner.com/Muppets/Quinn.htm

Lin

6. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Hey people, long time no see.

For those of us who's need for action figures is like that of a crack fiend for rock, I bring you good news. The Target and Walmart stores on Goodman Rd. here in wonderful Southaven, MS have started stocking new figures! yes that's right, new figures. My wife found the following(ain't she wonderfull!):

Lt. Danni Faytonni
    Coleman Trebor
    Ayy Vida
    Padme Lar's Homestead
    Padme Wedding dress
    Wat Tambor
    Bail Organa
    WA-7 (waitress droid)
    and
    Imperial Dignitary (Janus)

So for those of you who might be looking for these (the Padme Lar's Homestead figure is one of the coolest Padme's they've made), drag your azz out the mound, take "white-flight" from blackhaven, and leave the snotty germantown rich kids behind and join me here in Southaven, MS for some good old fashioned Star Wars toys!

7. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Keep an eye out for the new Joker and Robin figures for me. I saw the Batman/Nightwing 2-pak, and for my birthday Sal got me the Batman zip-line figure I wanted.

I went by two Targets this weekend- Hickory Hill and Colonial, and both had pretty much the same stuff- Yoda, Anakin, and the ARC trooper.

8. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Sal- I just went on ebay and found even more variants of the new Batman line! There's wave1 that has a Batman, Robin, Joker, and Harley Quinn(!) thats from overseas! I saw the set of four going for anywhere from $89 to $129. They're slick, but not THAT slick! The Mr. Freeze is still fetching $12-&20+, but I'm seeing more and more so they should be dropping a bit more soon. Some folks are REALLY gouging folks on the shipping/handling.

I haven't heard about there being any Harley Quinn's released in the US, but if you see one of those, a Joker, or either variant of the Mr. Freeze figure snag 'em if you can, or light the bat-signal for me!

BTW- Anything I should keep an eye out for you (or anyone)?

9. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Not really toy related, but at Davis Kidd (Poplar/Perkins) they have some StarWars books on sale on their tables outside.

Ep.1 & 2 Visual Dictionaries $5.99ea
    Ep.1 Ep.1 Cutaway Views $5.99ea

Very cool books with some great reference photos for costumes and props.

They also had another one about StarWars and mythology for $3.99. I picked up the last two copies I saw, but there may be more.

Didn't see any EU books, but that doesn't mean they weren't there, either.

Lin

10. Ellen_Griswold

Ellen_Griswold Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    Ep. 2 Visual Dictionary for $5.99

REALLY?? I've been wanting one of those! If anyone goes over there, pick one up for me and I'll pay you back. Thanks!

11. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    If I get a chance to slide by there I will. It's right around the corner from the comic shop and about 5 minutes or so from my house.

12. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    New figure alert!!!!

Target in Southaven (Goodman Rd.) has the first wave of clone wars animated figures. The Assajj Ventress looks awesome. Also found General Reeikan Ultra fig and second Imperial Dignitary. This target is loaded so if you're missing anything new, that's where to go. Peace and Merry Chrimus to all!

13. Clark_W_Griswold

Clark_W_Griswold Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    That's cool, Dale.

So, what have been the major additions to your collection since we saw you last?

The only thing cool I've scored lately is the mint, carded Prince Xixor figure that Rhonda got me for Christmas.

14. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    I saw a lot of the new ones at the Target on Colonial off Poplar. No new Batman figures, though...

15. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    When you say Batman, Lin, you don't mean, like, Justice League stuff, do ya? Cuz there's a bunch of Justice League merch at our local Wal-Mart here.

16. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Nope, there's another line that looks more like the comics. I've go the Bats/Supes 2-pak, and the zip-line Batman. The ones I'm on the lookout for are The Joker, Mr. Freeze, and Robin. All I keep coming across is stupid ones like underwater Batman or flourescent camo Baman and such. There's some from China I've seen on ebay- but are going for over $20 a piece. They've got Batman, Robin, Joker, and (sigh..) Harley Quinn.

The company that sculpts the ones here is The Four Horsemen (they sculpted the new He-Man figures, too), but I can't remember who's actually making them.

I've got the big JL Batman, and a couple of the small ones and a Superman. I've also got the 12' Batman JL statue. I dig the others, but have kinda been limiting myself to what I pick up these days- space at home and $. I did pick up a few of the Kingdom Come figures...sweeeet!

Lin

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Hit Target Wednesday and picked up a really cool Green Goblin figure. It's the latest comics version. Still no Mr. Freeze or Joker...

Lin

18. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    Well Tim, funny you should ask about the additions to my collection. If memory serves me right, it's been some time since I've updated my spreadsheet of wasted money. Here are some of the new aquisitions.

Convention Silver Boba Fett
    Holiday Yoda
    Assajj Ventress (CW)
    Assajj Ventress (CW Animated)
    Anakin Skywalker (CW Animated)
    Obi Wan Kenobi (CW Animated)
    Mace Windu (CW Animated)
    General Reeikan
    Hoth Wampa (new 2004 sculpt)
    R-3PO
    Luke Skywalker (Hoth Attack 2004)
    Elan Sleazebaggno
    Achk Med-Beq
    R2-D2 (Jabba's Sail Barge with drink tray it's the coolest)
    Luke Skywalker (Jabba's Palace 2004)
    Hoth Trooper (2004)
    and
    R1-G4

Anybody want to donate to the "IrishThunder needs more Star Cases" fund? Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Day!

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'm still working on the 'Lin needs more closet space' fund!

20. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    I should actually be praying for more wall space instead of star cases. I'm going to have to down size my computer desk soon to make room. April won't let me hang figures in the living room. She's restricted me to posters only.

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Wait a sec, Dale..... I picture rooms whose walls are covered with MIB SW figures..... (just like Sal had at his old apartment).....

You're out of wall space??? That's a buttload of figures you got there! And the wife won't let you branch out into the living room? My suggestion: Start buying 1" thick 4x8 sheets of plexiglass, build a framework using 2x4's on the floor so you have a grid of 4'x4' sections, and then you can start flooring the place with your figures. Just think of how many you could display that way!! This is typical of the crap that I come up with when I can't sleep.

You'll have to get Rhonda to share her pics from her friend's house in Michigan. I think that guy has us all beat.

22. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    And the dude is married- and has figures EVERYWHERE!

I'm single and don't let myself have toys diplayed in the living room! There's model kits, snowglobes, statues, comic pages, cels, autographed photos, but no toys- well, one old train car and a couple Pez dispensers...

23. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Hey gang- I posted this in the Memphis Comics Signing thread, but thought I'd try and revive this one.

I was Animax on Summer Ave. (between Highland and Perkins I think- on the south side of the street next to a piano company)this past weekend and picked up an older Watto and metal bikini Leia figures. I also saw some life-sized Pepsi SW standees of Mace, Obi-Wan, and Watto. Watto was around $14.99. Not sure about the others.

Lots of anime'/manga stuffs, too. I got the SW figs, a cool art book, some small pvc manga girls, Batgirl barbie, and a Superman:The Movie Pepsi glass.

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Uh oh. Lin's buying Barbies....

INTERVENTION!!!!

25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Uh, it was, uh, for my, uh, niece- yeah, that's it. I bought it for my niece who, uh collects Barbies!

Oh man, I need a woman...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.