main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN "These arent the toys your looking for..." - The Official Memphis FF Collectors Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheDarknessX, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Going off completely offtopic for a moment, I just noticed this bit of IrishThunder's sig:

September 21st, this will be a day long remembered.
    It has seen the end of vhs crappiness; it will soon see the end of the pirated dvd's.

If anything, it'll only increase the number of pirate DVDs. Bootleggers are going to make a killing on pirating high quality copies of the SE, doing some simple re-editing and selling it to people hacked off about Lucas not putting the OOT out there.

You may now return to your scheduled programming.

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm sure there will be a whole new era of Phantom Edits, Ben!

3. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    I for one will never be truly happy with the dvd's until they at least get rid of the god awful greedo shoots first scene, I can tolerate everything else. But at this point, it's kinda like when your family is poor and you get hand-me-downs. You appreciate what you get regardless.

April found the Animated Series Yoda and Dooku for me today. The yoda is awesome and I do believe that this Dooku figure is the best one they could make movie or cartoon wise. She said they still have one at the Target on Goodman Rd. just in case any of you guys are headed down this way.

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Three

two

one...

Y'all knew I was gonna say it: I can handle everything but Luke screaming like a girl at the end of TESB. My eye is starting to twitch just thinking about it.

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Traci took the words right out of my mouth! I mean, sure the Jabba in ANH scene is so damned awful that I want to throw up, and Greedo shooting first was just stupid, but Luke screaming like a beatch is just....beyond words that I can use in this forum.

I want the Clone Trooper from the animated line. I think they're cooler than the regular figures.

6. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Just need Yoda! I'm going to look for him today.

Oh, got word today that my Clone Trooper and Asajj Ventress prototypes are on their way- woo-hoo!

7. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    My Master Replicas Darth Vader saber is on the way!!!! Yay!!!

........My precious

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I bought more stuff to make lightsabers from today. That's all the toys I got this week.

9. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    You must teach me to construct my own lightsaber master....so I can become truly powerful as I have forseen myself to be LOL!!

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK, now you're just kissing up, John. :p

11. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    I just got a Jedi Luke figure (stop drooling, Trace! ;) ). It must be the first SW figure I've brought for two years, but I've been waiting for a better Jedi Luke than the POTF2 one for just about forever.

12. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    I guess hasbro hated the POTF2 Jedi Luke as much as the rest of us did, they've put out 3 new versions in the past few months. Wish they'd do that with some Han characters. The latest Bespin Han was pretty good, just never got a chance to grab that one.

13. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Tim, thanks for the toy-saber. I put the wooden dowel I got for it in the hil and it's a bit short- 36". I'm going to either snag another that's at least 6-12" longer so it'll have a tang and still be at least 3' long. Oh, Bar-2 looks great on the bar!

John, thanks for the Maul. I've got something for you the next time we get together. I meant to bring it on Saturday but forgot.

Traci- can't wait to see the costume finished! I love the material you picked out.

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Lin: No prob man, and thanks for the Anakin saber. I found the old Rubies Qui-Gon saber last night, so remind me to give it to you over the weekend. Also, I have 8' pieces of 1 1/8" closet rod out in the storage room that you could use for the blades. You know me, I have all kinds of crap everywhere. I'm a hoarder of useless junk and useless knowledge!!!

John: You da man, Mr. Plastic Pusher! Thanks for all the figs you found for me. I really appreciate it. You've really gone out of your way to help several of us complete our collections, and we really appreciate it.

15. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Tim: Groovy- I could cut one in half and they'd be about perfect- it'd give me about a 12" tang and a 36" blade. I need to order the reflective tape this week. I'm debating on if I should secure it in the hilt or have it to where they could be removed.

16. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    Just ordered a case of wave 4 from starwarsshop.com, I'll have extras of a few figs. I think I'll have:

1 Gold Leader
    1 TIE Fighter Pilot
    1 General Dodonna
    1 Captain Antilles

If'n you be interested, I'll let ya know when they get here.

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Just got my Asajj Ventress and Clone Trooper prototype figs in! Woo-hoo! These are too cool. I'll bring them the next time we get together.

Dale: If you have any extra figures to sell or trade be sure to bring them to TimmyCon!

Tim: I've got the reflective tape ordered for the photo-sabers. Should be here before this weekend.

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Cool beans, Dale. I didn't even know they were making a Jan Dodonna or a Captain Antilles.

When the hell are they going to make a Wedge Antilles figure???

And I'll try to get those wooden rods out for you before Saturday, Lin.

19. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    Well, as some of you may have read, the starwarshop.com site is down because of bugs and they aren't going to process the orders from yesterday morning. But they're still giving the patches to those first 500 who ordered, plus a $50 gift cert. to all who placed orders. Public relations crisis becomes a public relations masterpeice. Well done Lucas Online!

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    If only that PR finesse would extend to putting the original Original Trilogy on the DVD!!!

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Wow- wish I had ordered something!

I did get a loose Asajj Ventress with sabers in the mail today! Now I can sit her next to the prototype.

Bear Happy...

22. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Hey- saw on the Nashville boards that the Unleased Clone Troopers are up there! Keep an eye out...I may have to start hitting more Wal-Marts since they're getting the cooler SW and Batman toys!

BTW- does anyone know where to get figure stands? Locally, on-line, or mail order. I'm tired of the 'domino effect' at home!

23. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    When the hell are they going to make a Wedge Antilles figure???

Already been done twice, once as a pack in with a Millennium Falcon carrying case, and again in the Rebel Pilots 3 pack cinema scene (Rebel Pilots is the one to get).

ALthough back when I cared about such things, it always used to annoy me that they'd put out myriad carded versions of Boba Fett, and not release a single carded Wedge figure, even though he's rather more important than Fett and has his own fanbase.

Actually, if you're looking for Wedge, there's a chance I may have a spare one floating around that I can send you.

24. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Anybody know when the Ozzel figure is coming out?

25. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    Ima-go to wholesalecases.com, they've got all you need for figure displaying

April saw an unleashed clonetrooper I believe at Walmart on goodman road. I wish she'd bought it for me. Also an unleashed hoth luke, no chewie though. She picked me up an animated Durge at Target on goodman rd. She's wonderful ain't she, i'm gonna pick up a new unleashed soon to take to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.