main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Solo They didn't sell us on Alden....

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by QuiWanKenJin, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    I find it interesting that this theory showed up as a main article on this website as explanation for Solo not hauling as much at the box office. That, Lucasfilm/Disney "did not sell us on Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo." Just as my friend was telling me after leaving the theater, "I just can't see that guy as Han Solo, good actor but not Han." Then this thought occurred to me. When we think of Han Solo, it is virtually impossible for me or you to think of another face than Harrison Ford. Alden neither looks like Harrison nor does he sound like him, like many of you I found it hard to suspend belief. The two men have different facial structure, brow line, (not including Harrison's distinctive scar on his chin, for example).

Then another thought came, everyone remember Rian Johnson's "Looper," right? Joseph Gordon Levitt looks nothing like Bruce Willis, and the filmmakers noticed too. They could remedy this through a prosthetic or cgi or just get another actor. They went the prosthetic route and the payoff was quite good. Not just, Joe's performance but with the prosthetic he even looks like Bruce. I totally bought it. Here is my question, why did this idea not occur to the producers of Solo, as a viable solution? [face_dunno]

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We have a thread for Alden. Locking.

Pro Scoundrel and TCF-1138 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.