main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph They're creepy and they're kooky; The Addams Family Franchise

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Aug 17, 2022.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The reason why Addams Family Values is better than the original -- and this isn't damning with faint praise; the original is fantastic, this is just outright better -- is twofold:

1) The best parts of the original were all of the Addams' interactions with the "real world" -- and so we get more of that in here, especially with the summer camp, and
    2) The juxtaposition with Debbie -- as it turns out -- doing all of the black widowing because of her parents never understanding her and significant parental issues... except never realizing that she would have been welcomed with open arms and fit in perfectly with the Addamses.

The whole point of "finding your weird" and "be with people who love you for your weird" writ large.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I remembered when I first watched Values, there was some time when you didn't actually believe Christopher Lloyd's Fester was the real one.

Luke02 likes this.
  3. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    actually I'm not sure he was , I didn't really understand that part.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I thought it was resolved that he was lost in the Bermuda Triangle and just had amnesia.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The lightning he got fully restored his memory.
    And how else would he have been able to do the Mamoushka?

6. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    but wasn't the Chris Lloyd character just pretending to be Fester to scam the Addams? but by the end of the film they just accept him as he is, and ... that's where I can't remember how its resolved.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    IT turns out it really was Fester, the woman found him in the Bermuda Triangle with amnesia and convinced him he was her son to do legwork on her scams...

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Which is why he could do the Mamoushka, as it was muscle memory and why he became fond of everyone. The initial plan was that he wasn't Fester, but this was changed during filming.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Was that a fact? That initially it wasn't the real Fester and that he really was lost for good?

10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Ahsoka's Tano Sonnenfeld gave an interview saying it was going to be unclear whether or not it was an imposter but the cast objected and even elected Ricci to go and explain their position. Think the cast was right on that one.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Looks like all episodes drop November 23rd! (snap! snap!) Good! though having it available for Halloween would have made more sense, we'll be clear of some of the other big shows streaming through next month. We'll only have to deal with Andor and Willow around that time, for the most part. Phew!

12. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Honestly seems like a majorly missed opportunity not to release this in October. Perhaps there were production delays of some sort?

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'll always love Addams Family Values. Such a massively underrated sequel.

Sarge likes this.
  14. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008

I need this now.

TCF-1138 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  15. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Christina Ricci!! And Fred Armisen as Fester!!! =D==D==D=

16. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I know!! I squealed so loud.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It looks great! It looks like a return to form for Tim Burton.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I know. This is incredible. Charles Addams is held in my household to the standard I'd imagine the average person here holds Lucas or Williams or whatever. Burton picked the right project to get back on his A Game.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I wish they chose someone with less of a reputation as a sex pest than Fred Armisen as Uncle Fester, but the show continues to look great...

20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What on the Earth is a sex pest? Anyway if this is still that Luis Guzman thing I will support him even though everything else will probably be awful.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    New trailer for the upcoming series. At the end, you finally get to see who Christina Ricci plays.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, it's been discussed in the thread since yesterday. :p

23. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I really like the tone across the board. Seems like a little Harry Potter ish but macabre.

Not really a fan of Fred Aniston or Zeta Jones to be honest….but the rest looks really solid casting.

Lady_Belligerent likes this.
  24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I’m on episode 6, and it’s very Addams. Love it.

Jedi Merkurian and PCCViking like this.
  25. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I binged the entire show on Thanksgiving day, and I loved every minute of it. Part of me was disappointed that Gomez, Morticia, and Fester were barely in it, but I think keeping the focus solely on Wednesday was the right call.

It was basically Harry Potter meets Stranger Things Lite, and that made it both familiar and compelling.