main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Thimblerig Gambit - H/L L/M - Pirate Quote Challenge response - Concluded - Special THANK YOU 8/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PonyTricks, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Here is my story (which is still being written) in response to the Pirate Quote Challenge! This is an ongoing story, and the Pirate quote will eventually appear (in living color). At this point, I have no idea how long this story will turn out to be.... but it truly was inspired by my Mystery Quote. :D Also, I probably will NOT have daily updates, but I will try to update at least three times a week, MWF

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I love it already! Please put me on the PM list! :D

"It says," Mara interrupted, reading from the flimsie, "'I have vital clues to yar history. Clues that the Imperials kept hidden from yar for good reason."

"But it doesn't mention family," Luke pointed out.

Mara shot her husband a look that would have withered a lesser man. "No. It says I married well, implying you're better than me."

"I'm sure that wasn't what he meant."

"I'm going to the rendezvous point. You don't have to come with me."

"You know I'm coming," Luke said, trying to smile. "After all, I'm yar first name."

It was necessary for Luke to dive swiftly to the floor in order to avoid his wife's foot connecting painfully with his kneecap.

=D=

3. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Just what we all need -- a good, old-fashioned, fun PonyTricks story. [face_dancing]

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    LOL, who would write both Mr. Leia Solo Organa and Mrs. Luke Skywalker Jade? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Looks like a fun beginning. :D

5. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Another PT's story!!!

General Han Solo-Organa

Yes! Go, Leia! :D

(Why is the GFFA so chauvinist????)

6. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Okay, this looks to be a rollicky tale in the high seas and I'll be casting off with ye, Matey!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! =D=

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah! A new Pony Tricks story. Something to look forward to three days a week. :)
    Both Han and Mara get the same note. [face_thinking] so many possibilities.

8. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Oh, I can't wait to see where your going with this.

9. SilverCat

SilverCat Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2007
    Oh, this sounds like fun!!:D
    I really enjoyed the "pirate talk" bits - I could almost hear "Jakk Sprio" (lol, great name [face_laugh]) in my head.

I can't wait to see where you go with this!=D=

10. pat_skywalker39

pat_skywalker39 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    seems a great start, i want to know when han and mara learned they have the same letter...

11. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Han kept reading, "'I hope this letter finds yar well. I have kept up with yourn comings and goings and I see yar have married well...'"
    "That's an understatement."
    "Do you want me to read this?"
    "Go on, dear."

[face_laugh]

Looking forward to the fun and mayhem!

12. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    LOL
    This should be a great ride!

13. SparrowSwan

SparrowSwan Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2007
    "You know I'm coming," Luke said, trying to smile. "After all, I'm yar first name."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

This is going to be interesting! I wonder what Jakk has in store for them. :cool:

14. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    Yar have writ well...

So Jack is finding his way into the Force... Hm... This could be quite interesting...

If yar have a pm list, sign me up, please?

15. JainaRox

JainaRox Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2006
    [face_laugh] Give us more Jack!!!!!

16. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Oh, boy! *claps hands* Readers! I see readers!

VaderLVR64- I'm glad you like it! I hope I can keep you entertained as I continue this crazy story. :D

Jedi-2B- LOL! We all need a large dose of insanity every once in a while, and I do enjoy providing that dose. (with helpful suggestions along the way from my beta) ;)

ginchy- who would write both Mr. Leia Solo Organa and Mrs. Luke Skywalker Jade?- hehe. Someone with a scheme up his sleeve? :eek:

Golden_Jedi- Why is the GFFA so chauvinist????- I have no idea, but I've noticed that, too. :cool:

Jade_Pilot- Okay, this looks to be a rollicky tale in the high seas and I'll be casting off with ye, Matey! - It's Pirate Time! I can't wait to see the movie tomorrow. :D Hopefully, I will get even more inspiration after watching it.

RebelMom- Both Han and Mara get the same note. so many possibilities. - Yup! I even have a vague idea what that reason was.... unless I change my mind before I type it. [face_laugh]

ccp - I can't wait to see where your going with this. - Me, too! It's always a bit of a surprise when I actually type my chapters. I think, 'huh, now where did THAT idea come from?' :p

SilverCat- I really enjoyed the "pirate talk" bits - I could almost hear "Jakk Sprio"- I sorta picture my pirate as an older version of Depp's character. Who lives in the SW galaxy. 8-}

pat_skywalker39- i want to know when han and mara learned they have the same letter- That's coming right up in the next chapter! :)

Blue_Milkshake- Looking forward to the fun and mayhem- Thanks! I'm glad you're reading :D

RedGold- Ah! [face_dancing] I didn't even have to send you a PM! You found it all by yourself! :p

SparrowSwan- I wonder what Jakk has in store for them- Jakk definitely will be taking our heroes for a Wild Ride, and I do enjoy typing crazy characters. :D

Chewie-Fan- So Jack is finding his way into the Force- Jakk as a Jedi? Or a Sith? Hmmm... [face_thinking]

JainaRox- Give us more Jack!!!!! - Arrr.... Jakk is making his appearance very soon, I can promise ye that! [face_skull]

Now on to Chapter One!

17. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    One

Since Winter was occupied, and Luke didn't answer at his apartment, a reluctant Chewie was left to watch the children. Leia and Han headed for the berth where the Millennium Falcon was parked, which was directly next to the Jade Sabre. They arrived at exactly the same moment Luke and Mara were lowering the ramp to the Sabre.

"There's Luke," Leia said, exasperated and waving her arm to get her brother's attention. "Luke!" She quickly hurried over to the couple. "Why didn't you answer your comm?"

"It's in my pocket," Luke said, pulling out the little device and checking it. "Oh, I didn't turn it on when we left the apartment. Sorry."

By this time, Han had sauntered up to the group. "Hey, kid. Where're you heading off to?"

"Tyne's -" Luke's reply was cut off when Mara jabbed him in the ribs. "Ow! What was that for?"

"You're going to Tyne's Horky?" Leia said, eyes wide. "So are we!"

"You've heard of that place?" Mara asked in surprise, ignoring Luke as he vigorously rubbed his side. "Why are you going there?"

Han folded his arms across his chest, narrowing his gaze at his sister-in-law. "Why are you going there, is more to the point."

"It's none of your business," Mara returned evenly.

"Fine," Han huffed out. "It's none of your business why me an' Leia are going there, either."

"This is ridiculous," Leia snapped. "We're going because Han got a letter..."

"LEIA!" Han yelled. "You're not supposed to be telling anyone."

"The letter doesn't say anything of the sort."

"Neither does Mara's letter," Luke added, carefully moving a step away from his wife.

"You got a letter, too?" Leia asked her now fuming sister-in-law. "What does it say?"

"It's from some crazy person," Luke muttered. "Mara seems to think it's a clue to her past."

"Oh, my," Leia gasped. "Han's letter is the same thing." She held out her hand to Mara. "Let me see it."

Mara shook her head. "Show me yours, first."

"We should just take off now," Han asked Leia. "The Falcon can beat Jade's ship to Tyne's Horky any day."

"In your dreams, Solo."

"Mara, please show Leia your letter," Luke pleaded. "What difference does it make?"

"Fine," Mara snapped, pulling the letter from her jacket pocket and thrusting it at Leia.

Leia quickly scanned the contents, then looked up in bewilderment. "This is exactly the same as Han's. Word for word."

"Great," Mara grumbled. "It's a scam to lure us all to Tyne's Horky."

"Yeah," Han agreed. "It's a trap, for sure. We should just ignore it. Right?"

Mara eyed Han warily. "Right."

"So we should just all go home," Luke said firmly. "It wouldn't be too smart of us to walk right into a problem if we can avoid it."

"I agree," Leia told her brother.

"So you two should head home," Mara said lightly. "Come on, Luke. There's something I want to show you onboard the Sabre."

"Why aren't you going home?" Han asked suspiciously.

"We are.... later."

Han spun around to face Leia. "She's not going home. She's going to Tyne's Horky anyway, just as soon as we leave. Well, let me tell you... I'm getting there first."

"Mara wasn't trying to trick you," Luke protested, looking at Mara. "Right, Mara?" When the red-head looked down, Luke felt her emotions clearly - she had no intentions of giving up on this trip. "Didn't we just all agree it was some hoax or a trap?"

"Or not," Mara mumbled. "We won't know unless we go and find out."

"See?" Han said triumphantly. "I was right. Come on, Leia. We're going to Tyne's Horky and find my father."

Mara's head snapped up, her eyes blazing. "He's my father! Not yours!"

"Ha. We'll see," Han responded, turning on his heel and marching off toward the Falcon.

"Do you just want to come along on the Falcon?" Leia asked with a sigh.

"Mara will want to take the Sabre," Luke started to say, when Mara suddenly grabbed her bag and followed Han.

"If it's a trap, let Solo's piece of bantha dung get shot up,"

18. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    this is just too funny. I love your humor fics, especially since you write Luke and Mara well.

19. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    "No..." Han insisted. "The members all get into a big circle, and then start chanting about first shaking your left foot to get rid of the Demon Fairy of the Sky, and then you shake your right foot to get rid of the Devil Spawn of the Sea, and then you spin 'round and 'round. It's an ancient ritual called the Horky Porky."

Luke grabbed Mara's wrist so she wouldn't take her lightsaber off her belt.

I can't blame her! You write the best H/L/L/M banter anywhere. [face_laugh]

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh]

"Maybe we should ask directions," Leia suggested.

Han looked highly offended. "Directions?"

"Yes, dear. When people - usually females - don't know where something is located, they'll ask someone that lives in the area to tell them how to get there. It's called directions."

"I'm Corellian," Han said.

"Corellians, and men," Mara continued with Leia's explanation, "usually prefer to wander around aimlessly, all the while claiming they know where they're going."

"Not me," Luke protested.

"You're the exception," Mara said, patting Luke's arm.

"Thank you."

"I wouldn't be too fast to thank her," Han muttered. "She just said you're the exception to being manly."

Mara glared at Han. "That's not what I said."

"I'm asking that guy over there for directions," Luke grumbled as he stalked away. "There's no way I'm stumbling around for another hour while you pretend you remember things from twenty years ago."

"But I'm Corellian!" Han yelled in protest to Luke's retreating back.

Absolutely LOVED it! =D=

21. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love when Han and Mara get all testy with one another. Great update! :D

22. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
  23. JainaRox

JainaRox Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2006
    [face_laugh] Can't wait till Jack comes on the scene!!!

24. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    This is hysterical! And you make it so funny and in character!

Spew the coffee and laugh out loud moment:

"No..." Han insisted. "The members all get into a big circle, and then start chanting about first shaking your left foot to get rid of the Demon Fairy of the Sky, and then you shake your right foot to get rid of the Devil Spawn of the Sea, and then you spin 'round and 'round. It's an ancient ritual called the Horky Porky."

Luke grabbed Mara's wrist so she wouldn't take her lightsaber off her belt.

ROTFLMAO!!!![face_laugh] [face_laugh]

And then this:

"If it's a trap, let Solo's piece of bantha dung get shot up," Mara said over her shoulder to a gaping Luke. "Besides, this way we can keep an eye on our competition."

[face_laugh] I can completely see her saying that! Not too competitive, huh, Jade?

This is terrific. Can't wait until the next post!

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, yes, yes, yes!!! A Ponytricks tale, just what the doctor ordered! A perfect cure for what ails SW fans at the moment!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Love the story so far!! Tickled that even though everyone agreed it must be a scam and a trap, they weren't about to pass on checking it out. Hmmmm. Could Han and Mara be sibs? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Too much!! :) PM's please? :D [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.