main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Thimblerig Gambit - H/L L/M - Pirate Quote Challenge response - Concluded - Special THANK YOU 8/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PonyTricks, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    "It's an ancient ritual called the Horky Porky."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Corellians don't ask directions or drink tea.

Still loving this fic! =D=

2. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    [face_laugh]Loved the ritual...[face_laugh]

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Male and Corellian... oh dear..

4. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Jedi_Liz- I love your humor fics, especially since you write Luke and Mara well.- You think I write L/M well? Wow. Thanks for the compliment. :D This fic is mostly going to be a piratey adventure rather than humor, but I hope you stick around anyway!

Jedi-2B- I can't blame her!- Later on, Han may have wished Luke did take that lightsaber. :eek:

VaderLVR64- Thanks! :D :D

ginchy- I love when Han and Mara get all testy with one another- Now that I've decided on a course of action for this story, Han may wish to avoid Mara (and Luke and Leia) altogether. :p

ccp - Thanks for reading! :)

JainaRox- Can't wait till Jack comes on the scene!!! - You won't have to wait long. Except this Jakk is a bit different than Jack.... being Mara's father and all. Or Han's. [face_laugh]

divapilot - I can completely see her saying that! Not too competitive, huh, Jade?- Poor Han.... he's in for an interesting ride. He may be wishing in very short order that he'd left Mara head out without him. ;)

Jade_eyes- Could Han and Mara be sibs?- You know, that's always a possibility, considering I haven't written very far ahead at this point! :cool:

Jade_Pilot- Corellians don't ask directions or drink tea. - Or wear eyeliner, like Jakk! Or Luke! (points to SW Holiday Special!) Darn it! Why didn't I think of that earlier? Jakk COULD be Luke's father, too! [face_laugh]

Chewie-Fan- Loved the ritual- I found that planet's name at the SW.com site, and that's the first thing that came to my twisted mind. PT has problems..... :p

RedGold- Male and Corellian... oh dear- Let's hope Jakk isn't Corellian.... Muahahaha! [face_devil]

5. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
  6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    And let this be the day that you finally met Captain Jakk Spirro!

*laughs* It may be a pirate adventure, but there's sure to be some humor in it. ;)

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Heehee!! [face_laugh] Very vivid description of Jakk there. I can just picture him. Love the pirate-speak. [face_laugh]

8. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Stopping next to his wife, Han stared up at the high, flat duracrete walls that surrounded them on three sides. "Dead end. How appropriate."

[face_laugh]

This is hilarious!

9. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    LOL! Perfect.

This is why men never ask directions. It's unnatural and a sign of weakness, and other males know it. Sorta like the lame quantilope in a herd being singled out by the predators.

*starts to laugh, then stops to think* Wait a minute. Are you calling Luke a lame quantilope? :p J/K! [face_laugh] I KNOW the fun is just getting started!

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Trouble just follows both Luke and Han around. Fun update! :D

11. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Excellent update!

LOL Moment: "We?" Han asked, pointing at this chest. "This time it wasn't my doing, sweetheart. I'm just an innocent bystander in all this."

"You're never innocent."

Bravo! =D=

12. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
  13. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    =D= Terrific! Our heroes, wandering around in a stinking sewer, following a man who is wearing more eye make-up than Leia and Mara combined. :D

Very funny. Loved the banter, and Solo's constant arguing. Great job![face_laugh]

14. walker_of_minds

walker_of_minds Jedi Master star 1

Dec 19, 2006
    loved the banter, you have the characters down perfect-great fun to read and original idea, look foward to more.

15. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Jedi_Liz posted:And let this be the day that you finally met Captain Jakk Spirro! [face_laugh]

Everybody's on the Pirates bandwagon, aren't they? This promises to be such fun; I always love your stories, can't wait for more. If you're PM'ing updates, I'd love to be included!

16. Pirate_Captain

Pirate_Captain Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2007
    I love this!! (I love Pirates too much...if that's possible....)

Jakk Sprio!!!!! :D Yay!

If yar have a PM list, please put me on it! Thanks!

17. Pirate_Captain

Pirate_Captain Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2007
    *realizes there's another post* [face_laugh]

Another great chapter, I can't wait for the next update!

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I loved it! I haven't seen the new Pirates movie yet, but this story sure makes me want to! ;)

Argh! Another great chapter! =D=

19. JainaRox

JainaRox Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2006
  20. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Gotta love Jakk!

;)

[face_laugh]

21. SilverCat

SilverCat Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2007
    Oh no! I completely missed the post before this one :( [face_blush]Could I get on your PM list so I don't miss more?

I really love this so far.

Han gave a fast jerk of his head in the direction of the noisy gang still behind them. "Having those people following us doesn't qualify as something bad already? This is why men never ask directions. It's unnatural and a sign of weakness, and other males know it. Sorta like the lame quantilope in a herd being singled out by the predators. We showed a sign of weakness and that's why we're about to get beaten up."

"I love listening to your insightful philosophies on life, Solo."

The humor is great; I love all the banter :)
    I can't wait to find out what happens!

Excellent job!=D=

22. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    Will our Force sensitives ever appreciate our Han's street smarts?

He looked around the underground sewer system. "But first we should take our leave o' these tunnels, before someone upstairs takes to purge his bowels. Savvy?" [face_laugh]

I've got to say that you've got a way with words, PonyTricks! And I love it!

23. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Jedi_Liz- It may be a pirate adventure, but there's sure to be some humor in it- I hope so, too! :D

Jade_eyes- Very vivid description of Jakk there- Jakk is, um, colorful. :cool:

Golden_Jedi- Thank you! I appreciate yourn kind words! Arrrr.... :p

Jedi-2B- Wait a minute. Are you calling Luke a lame quantilope?- LOL! I wish I would have thought of that, I would have put Luke protesting that in there. [face_laugh] I will PM you in a bit with my latest idea. [face_idea]

ginchy- Trouble just follows both Luke and Han around.- You think they're in trouble now? Just wait! :eek:

Jade_Pilot- Aww! Thanks! :D

ccp- Thank you! :)

divapilot- Our heroes, wandering around in a stinking sewer, following a man who is wearing more eye make-up than Leia and Mara combined- Yes, it does make an interesting mental image, doesn't it? [face_thinking]

walker_of_minds- More coming right up! :)

dm1- Everybody's on the Pirates bandwagon, aren't they? - Yes, I do love those movies, and I even love the WDW ride...BEFORE they made it into a movie! [face_laugh] Yo, ho, Yo, ho....

Pirate_Captain- I love Pirates too much...if that's possible....- No, it's not possible... [face_dancing]

VaderLVR64- I haven't seen the new Pirates movie yet, but this story sure makes me want to! - NO?? :eek: Get thee to a movie theater, ASAP!

JaniaRox- Thanks! :D

RedGold- Gotta love Jakk! - Jakk's a great character in any reincarnation. ;)

SilverCat- I can't wait to find out what happens! - Me, too! [face_laugh] That's the problem with writing things as you go... even the author hasn't got a clue what's going to happen! [face_whistling]

Chewie-Fan- Will our Force sensitives ever appreciate our Han's street smarts? - You'd think they would by now, wouldn't you? ;)

24. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
  25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Love seeing this cast of characters interact! :D

"Where be yar 'fresher, Captain Solo? I be in dire need of some relief."

"Down the hall, to your right," Han instructed as Jakk scurried away. Once he was gone, Han turned to the others. "That sounded like a big load of poodoo, if you ask me."

"He's avoiding being pinned down with exact questions," Luke agreed. "Some of his story might be true, but I get the distinct impression he's manipulating us."

"I'm just truly amazed he even knows what a refresher is," Leia commented flatly.

[face_laugh] =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.