main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Thimblerig Gambit - H/L L/M - Pirate Quote Challenge response - Concluded - Special THANK YOU 8/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PonyTricks, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Poor Luke. I'd be afraid, too. Great update! :D

2. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Jade_eyes- I'm with Mara's first idea, but no, they have to see what they can find out, but sometimes I wonder if it'll be worth all the hassle- Hmm.... probably not. But at this point, I still may decide to have some Big Revelation for either Han or Mara. [face_hypnotized]

Golden_Jedi- I'm with han there to be worried if he cannot bring the Falcon..- For sure. It's always harder to escape when you don't have a way to do it. [face_worried]

dm1- Oh, and that quote, Han could have said that about the Falcon, too! Same idea- Yes, I did at first try to think of a story where Han would have said that, but then this demented idea took root. 8-}

Darth-Liam- Aww! Thanks! :D - I will send you updates. [face_dancing]

Jedi-2B- Hey! I used TWO pirate quotes, instead of just one? I have a feeling that Jakk is making up this story as he goes along. Just like the author- Who, me?? *face innocent* [face_batting] I would never, ever make up a story as I go along! Honest! *checks sky for lightning bolts* [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Jade_Pilot- I am particularly enjoying Jakk's dialogue...and the description of the critters! - Critters? You like critters? More of those coming up shortly. [face_monkey] [face_cow] [face_chicken]

walker_of_minds- oh a boys getting in deep now - They're not as deep as they're going... yet! :eek:

SilverCat- Sounds like famous last words to me... - Yes, sooooo true! [face_mischief]

Jedi_Liz- well, as long as they don't run into the fried sithman (flying dutchman) or Captain Bersissa (Barbossa) they should be fine- Hmmm. Welllllll..... Berssisa isn't in the equation, yet. Fried Sithman I can't promise won't show up. [face_laugh]

Pirate_Captain- Don't worry, Han, up is down! If the boat starts leaking, just flip her over- :eek: :eek: *puts tin-foil lined colander over head to keep story ideas from leaking out over cyberspace...* [face_shhh]

Chewie-Fan- Flipped the ship over... Ya just gotta love Jakk.- Jakk's just full of great ideas, and he's not done yet. [face_whistling]

divapilot- Yeah, I'm thinking he's related to Han- LOL! I'm not sure who would be more appalled at this point to find out he's Han's father... Han or Leia! [face_sick]

VaderLVR64- Can't say that I blame him!- Nope! Fear sometimes is a good thing! [face_worried]

amidalachick- love how he's so nonchalant about it. - He's Jakk! Not much bothers him. :p

ginchy- Poor Luke. I'd be afraid, too- Yup. And Michele will attest to the fact that upcoming events will show Luke had a good reason to be a bit frightened. [face_skull]

3. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
  4. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Nuts and nets and no fish, oh my! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I bet they're all starting to wish they'd just stayed home. But where's the fun in that? :D

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I don't think it's much of a stretch that Mara and Han could be related. They already fight like siblings. I'm surprised Mara hasn't skewered Jakk yet. Luke has had a positive affect on her.

6. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Right, they still should be afraid...

I'm on the edge of my seat here, keep this going!

7. SilverCat

SilverCat Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2007
    This sure is intriguing...can't wait for more!:)

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    "And we're running out of drinking water," Han pointed out, rattling the water bulb and listening as the last drops sloshed inside. He looked down in concern at Leia, who lay flat on her back, shielding her face with her forearm. "You can have the rest of mine, sweetheart."

"Oh, goody," Leia grumbled. "I can live another entire day on this floating cooker while you get to die earlier. Thanks a lot."

That's SO Leia! [face_laugh]

A great update! =D=

9. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    "Wouldn't it be funny if it turned out he's the father to both of you?" Luke murmured.

"What!?"

Luke looked startled, and swallowed hard. "I didn't mean to say that out loud. It was just a little joke. Sorry."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I wonder what Mara, and for that matter, Han, would do if it was true, though... [face_worried]

10. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Two days with nothing but water to drink, and nothing to eat? I'd be starved. And seasick. LOL!

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    =D=
    But the ending ... uh-oh. [face_worried] Jakk's evasiveness is getting more obnoxious and ovbious by the day isn't it? [face_thinking] [face_laugh]

12. Pirate_Captain

Pirate_Captain Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2007
    Another great chapter, excellent job!

"I'm not old," Han said. "Just more mature than you."

[face_laugh] Sure Han, whatever you say....

"Skull's Fate.... portal to Bellona's lair."

I must say, when I read that all I could see was Gibbs yelling, "Maelstrom!!" [face_whistling] Are they good and lost yet?

13. Over_30_Writers_Club

Over_30_Writers_Club Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 11, 2006
    Okay, just what the heck is going on???? Those 5 are going to be mighty hungry by the time they reach....just where are they going to wind up anyway??? [face_laugh]

Maybe they could fish with their sabres!

Well done. =D=

14. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    they should have brought some ration bars, me thinks.

15. Stookymalarkey

Stookymalarkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2007
    Man, Spiro is nuts (not nets) and I'm loving this story. Perhaps this Skull's Fate be a portal to regions unsulled by common man.

16. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    ginchy -I bet they're all starting to wish they'd just stayed home. But where's the fun in that? - True... and our heroes like their fun. :D

RebelMom- I'm surprised Mara hasn't skewered Jakk yet. Luke has had a positive affect on her. - LOL! Mara's a pirate at heart... as you will soon discover! I probably should put "AU" in this header, huh? ;)

dm1- I'm on the edge of my seat here, keep this going! - This story is just like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! Wheee! (I've been very inspired by Disney rides with this story) :p

SilverCat- More coming right up! :D

VaderLVR64- Leia can be a little snippy, can't she? :cool:

amidalachick- I wonder what Mara, and for that matter, Han, would do if it was true, though- Hmmm. Very interesting thought. [face_thinking]

Jedi-2B- Two days with nothing but water to drink, and nothing to eat? I'd be starved. And seasick.- I've read a person can go quite a while with no food, but water is vital. Which is why Jakk remembered the water. [face_whistling]

Jade_eyes- Jakk's evasiveness is getting more obnoxious and ovbious by the day isn't it? - Jakk plays his cards close to his vest. It might have been a good idea for Luke to mind-probe him with the Force before they started on this trip, but too late now! :oops:

Pirate_Captain- Are they good and lost yet? - LOL! Yes, and getting more lost as the story proceeds. (and so is the author... [face_hypnotized] )

Over_30_Writers_Club- Those 5 are going to be mighty hungry by the time they reach....just where are they going to wind up anyway???- Well, Jakk knows. He's just not saying! [face_mischief]

Jedi_Liz- they should have brought some ration bars, me thinks. - True! But the tide was coming, and they didn't have time to run back to the Falcon. Poor, hungry heroes. [face_worried]

Stookymalarkey- Perhaps this Skull's Fate be a portal to regions unsulled by common man. - Could be... I think your screen name would have been a good title for this story... Malarkey! [face_laugh]

17. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
  18. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh, if only Han had brought a holocam... ;)

And of course Sith are rude. LOL!!

19. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    its a good thing that Luke and Mara and Leia are acting crazy, because Luke would NEVER be able to get away with calling Mara a pirate wrench otherwise. And Leia, well, she is royalty, being the daughter of a former queen (Queen Amidala) and the adopted daughter of a queen (Queen Breha of Alderaan).

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I can't pick out a favorite part, but this ranks right up there:

"My name isn't Luke," Luke declared, his eyes opening wide. "It's Darth...." He stopped, frowning in thought.

"Darth?"

"Norvus," Luke finished up. "My name is Darth Norvus."

"What does Norvus mean?"

Luke shrugged. "I'm the last Sith. If you were the last of anything, you'd be norvus, too."

And the Sith Order just might end if he calls Mara a pirate wench one more time. ;)

[face_laugh] =D=

21. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    [face_laugh] So crazy, I love it.

22. Darth-Liam

Darth-Liam Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2007
    Brillent, PonyTrick, your the best.

23. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    :eek:[face_laugh] This is too much! So Han is the only "normal" one in the bunch, now! What a twist on things!

24. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    Poor Han... He and Jakk have quite a job keeping those other three in line!

25. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Norvus," Luke finished up. "My name is Darth Norvus."

"What does Norvus mean?"

Luke shrugged. "I'm the last Sith. If you were the last of anything, you'd be norvus, too."

What a hoot! And what a post! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.