main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Things Star Wars fans can no longer do normally...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sithman, May 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    when ever i hold a minuature baseball bat, i always swing it around like a lightsabre, and i find myself saying "I've got a bad feeling abou this" often. :D ;)

2. dsk2

dsk2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2001
    Whenever I yawn, I begin to growl like Chewie on thee xhale. When i kiss my girlfriend, I pretend she's slave leia.

3. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    I use quotes like "I'm a Toydarian, mind tricks dont work on me, only money." and "Sithspit" but by far, "close the blast doors" comes to mind and is said.

Also, in German class, I tried to use telekenisis to levitate a dictionary to me for five minutes.

And I actually BOUGHT several 3/4 in. dowels to use as lightsaber blades and bilt a hilt for myself.

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    As for your last point, I did that too. :D

Anyone try to Force Pull an object to yourself? Strangly, it's never worked for me! :( ;)

5. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    i have tried to do telekinesis using the force..and it worked too

then i woke up

6. GrandMoffFett

GrandMoffFett Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2001
    One thing I noticed this week - when I go bowling with some friends, it seems I always do a force push on the balls as they come through the ball return. Funny, I had never noticed that before...

I also have had a couple of dreams where I and a friend of mine were Jedi. It was quite vivid, and I remembered wearing the robes, doing flips through the air, using my saber, pulling things away from people. <sigh>

7. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    When I used to sell Star Wars or hockey cards to people at school and they tried to negotiate a lower price, I would say

"No Money, No Card...No Deal and I can bet nobody else has that card I can promise you that."

8. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    I just became a SW fan one month ago, since then my life changed. The biggest thing is I have to watch SW(OT) whenever I am free or not free. I bought those books and carry them all around even during lunch. I kept looking for information online during office hours, thanks God my boss is a SW fan too. I have to buy John Williams' soundtrack--not only bos it is a must-buy but also at least I can have eyes and hands free from SW so at least my job can be done.

"What a mess"! but
    "I am not afraid" :)

9. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    ...you REALLY can't do these things for fear of being sued by Lucas for infringement

10. Obi_Wan_01

Aug 17, 2001
    When someone is doing a serious assignment or task I always say MTFBWY.

11. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    star wars is a big part in my life so i do it and i dont even know it. but some of the biggest stuff i do is...............

when ever some one tell me there not afraid i say "you will be you will be"

a happen to use " you half witted scruffy looking nerf herder"

when people as me for my help i take somethin of theres than when they try to take it back "mine or i'll help you not"

and to my girlfriend i've used "you just can't let a gorgeous guy like me out of your sights" and i picked her up by asking her if she was an angel

but my most famous line is "roger bravo leader"

i do the force push thing and one time i tried to lift a can of salsa and i didnt see him but my brother tied a string of fishing wire on it and pulled it off the counter and it fell on the floor and shattered and i was so pumped tell i saw the string :(

12. Ace-777

Ace-777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2001
    I can no longer look at any duck-billed animal without running after it screaming
    "die Jar Jar, die"
    Its real embarrassing especially at the zoo.

13. CheelPlaysBandfill

CheelPlaysBandfill Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2001
    every time my mom asks me to do somtin, i answer with that typical voice "roger roger". Of course she doesn't get it.

Sometimes, there's no particular reason or situation, i just say "Luke... I am your father"...

and every time me and my best friend go back home after we've spent a day together we say at the same time
    "1...2...3...MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU...1...2...3... see ya!"

i have to precise that every SW line i say is in french, cuz i AM french. :)

14. 777

777 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2000
    whenever I hear shocking news I say "that's not true, that's impossible".
    I also make it a point to point at people like vader does.
    And yes, I do the ewok nub-nub dance of joy.

p.s. Jedi mind tricks don't work on females either.

15. slavegirl

slavegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    I can no longer shave my legs with my Gillette razor without pretending to be Qui-Gon talking to Obi-Wan over his comlink.

16. Obi_Wan_01

Aug 17, 2001
  17. Taz-Skywalker

Taz-Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2001
    when i walk into school i always say what an incredable smell u've dicovered (coz it smeels when you first walk in!)

in pe when i score u here oh ar that got em!

i always open doors and my cd rom with the 'force!'
    and close them again

i have a lightsaber which once i dressed up as Princess Leia I had to walk talk and act like her so i took my saber with me and if any one took the mickey out of me they got told "feel the power of the force" WHACK!

IT WAS FUN! there are so many other things i do as well the list is basically endless!

18. caitkat

caitkat Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2001
    lol. I feel normal around u guys! lol my friends think im nuts when I do those kinds of things.

anyways, one thing I can't do normally anymore is blow dry my hair. I have one of those hair driers where you sit down and you put the cap over your head. Well, whenever I do this, my dad and my brother always make cracks about how it looks like a starwars helmet. grrrr....

another thing is, my grandma got this carpet shampooer and my brother and I both said at the same time "its R2-D2"!

another thing is when I went bowling the other day, my dad, my brother and I all commented at the same time the that the machien that goes over the lanes (to clean it? polish it? I dunno) "looked like a star wars thing". hmmmm...

I also do the rake (meter stick, mop, whatever) thing, and the automatic door thing. and of coarse I quote the movies constantly (it bugs me to death, cause I dont mean to)

ok. thats my list. may the force be with you! lol

19. caitkat

caitkat Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2001
    I just read my post from yesterday...GEEEEEZE I was in total "geek mode" how embarassing. ****. I hate when I do stuff like that.

20. quigon70

quigon70 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2000
    is it ok if i have done all these things everyone has said

plus

i can't drink hot chocolate without thing of the novel heir to the empire

21. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    This is a great thread, very funny. I didn't read this one in here so I thoought I'd share...

Frequently when I get to that point in a sentence where I need to use the word "since" (e.g. I haven't seen a movie since...) I pause and complete the sentence by saying "...Oh, before you were born". Again, most people just stare at me blankly.

22. quigon70

quigon70 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2000
    and who could forget my vaccum named artoo

23. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Otter, I do that too and get the same reaction. :D

Um, caitkat, why would you care that you were in "geek mode"? That's why we're here, to talk about the geeky aspects of Star Wars. No one will criticize you here. :)

24. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    hmm, I guess im more normal than you guys, I won't do that stuff in public...just at home :D
    Oh wait..never mind, lol

ANother thing ill do is if someone quotes Star Wars, ill say "You just quoted Star Wars" and then they will start talking to them self: "Ok, note to self, never say that again." Oh well, hehe

EDIT: Spelling

25. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    great ones all!

i am 20 now, but when i was younger, whenever my mom would call me i would walk i and bow on one knee like vader and ask, "What is thy bidding, my master". she hated it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.