main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Things Star Wars fans can no longer do normally...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sithman, May 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    When I know something wrong is about to happen I always say "I have a bad feeling about this".

I almost crashed my bike because one of the brakes cut loose and just before I said "I have a bad feeling about this". I didn't crash I used the other brake, but almost crashed.

I was going downhill

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    recently my mom "disintegrated" :) an old wardrobe. There was a bar in it to hang clothes on ... i'm sure you can tell the rest ... :D I'm tempted to whirl it around like Maul, everytime i'm in the room... and i do it almost always, since I'm alone at home most of the day...

3. CheelPlaysBandfill

CheelPlaysBandfill Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2001
    Every time i cook something, and friends are here, i say "Rootleaf, I cook..." with Yoda's voice. Nothing incredible, i know. But are we sharing experiences or not? :)

aaand, the "as you wish" is classic. I say it all the time.

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    As far as the lightsaber thing goes. I've broken a glass case for a overhead light while whirling a music stand (of course pretending it was a lightsaber) over my head. :D

Then I was practicing (with myself :D ) a lightsaber for a fanfilm my friends and I were going to shoot (which we finished BTW). Anyways, I had just done a biology lab, and I was using a long thermometer (probably over a foot long) and it's case as the lightsabers. Let's just say that at the first clash the thermometer was shattered. :D

Oops. :D Star Wars may cost me my money. :D

5. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    Just this morning in gym we were playing football with the Grade 11's. There were 6 of us Grade 10's against the best Gr. 11's.

Of course I had to say "I have a bad feeling about this".

Luckily we actually won and I exclaimed "Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side"

6. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    ..Despite the fact that that's not a real quote.... :)

7. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    Oh, come on! It's so freaking close, what did you do, look through the scripts to see if it was a real quote?

8. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    yeah, that's a wierd thing too: you always want to have a star wars script around, just for a perfect fitting quote ...

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    No, I just happened to have watched the movies a lot. :D

10. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    Things Star Wars fans can no longer do normally...

what about not being able to pass a month without watching star wars
    or a wekk
    or a day

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I spun a broom around my head yesterday like Maul and I hit myself in the head really hard. :D I need more practice.

Star Wars may cost me my health. :D

12. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    I'm sad enough to actually have my own plastic lightsabre like Maul's.

Many a lightbulb has perished by my blade! [face_devil] ;)

13. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
  14. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
    So do i bought it as soon as they came out in kickboxing we do a longstick form when we train in the form i cant help my self my and go stright into humming Duel of the fates instructor usually brings me back down to earth.

when i help train the kids i usually use "do or do not there is no try" only a couple of the kids get this and have a good laugh

15. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    long live this thread

Today I realized, what i never realized before: I do something like Threepio: Whenever I find something curious or strange, I cock my head to the side just like Goldenrod does. With the same expressionless face!
    Never realized that it's from Goldenrod, until today, where I saw it in the mirror...

16. GoldenVeila

GoldenVeila Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    Heh...yeah :) Well, my brother hates Star Wars..well he doesn't *hate* it but he doesn't particularly like it either so I am usually surprised when he realizes something I say is from Star Wars.
    Recently, my brother convinced me (sigh) to play Pokemon Stadium 2 with him, and so we were "battling" and I had this really powerful move I could use, but my brother informed me I had like a 20% chance of it working or somethin. So then he used this move that lowered my accuracy even *more*! So he then smugly informed me that I had about a 1% chance of the move hitting his Pokemon, so I just smiled and proceeded to "faint" his Pokemon with that move on the second try. What's the point of this story you ask? Well, after my brother picked his jaw up off the floor, he gasped " You had a 1% chance!" and I of course snapped back "Never tell me the odds!"
    And he's like "You are so *LUCKY!*" And ,as he doesn't like Star Wars and I had exposed him to as many quotes as he could handle that day, I held myself back from saying "In my experience, there's no such thing as luck." ;)

17. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    :D LOL! :D

And i thought that i was the nuttiest Jedi around!

Well, whenever i can use a Star Wars quote, i do. "In my experience, there is no luck..." drives my brother insane. So does, "Do or Do not, there is no try."

I can quote all the movies too which means i'm never at a loss for quotes.

I call guns, blasters. I call the toilet, the refresher. I call planes, ships. I call electrical appliances, droids... u get the idea.

We were doing PE once, and the javelin was red with a black handle, so i grabbed it and started twirling it like Maul. Of course my teacher shouted at me, and told me i could hurt someone, so i grumbled back: "My lightsaber would do more damage." She wasn't impressed.

I can't listen to a song without singing the SW parody version.

I always say MTFBWY. A friend asked me to wish her luck before a test, so of course i said MTFBWY and she just laughed. I also put it at the bottom of everything.

I need my daily dose of SW. THANK YOU TFN!

If something happens that reminds me of something from SW, i don't hesitate to tell people all about it.

I can't believe that Jedi Mind Tricks don't work when you use them?!? They work on my teachers all the time! The Force can have a stong influence on the weak minded... :D

If anyone complements me, i say "I know..."

If someone gives up, i always say, "Then the Emporor has already won..." No one ever knows what i'm on about.

At the shopping centre, i but the shopping baskets over my head and do the whole "I am *koo-perr!* your father..." scene.

I like to shut my eyes and wander around, letting The Force guide me! And it works! Like with TPM game, our graphics card was stuffed, and so everything was really dark and we couldn't see anything in the first few and last levels, but we completed them successfully by using The Force.

I don't use Earth-y swear words anymore.

I'm sure my washing machine is related to R2, it does all the beeps and stuff when it's finished. And if any electrical appliance isn't working, i call it a bolt brain or a stupid little short circut.

I've called my pokemon after SW characters.

There are so many more! But that's enough for today.

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY - look! I did it again!

18. Leobi_Wan

Leobi_Wan Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2001
    Well my name is Leo and whenever I see a stick or something I pick it up and tell people to call me Leobi Wan Kenobi as I start bustin' out my saber moves which are actually pretty good. One Star Wars fanatic saw my little demonstration at school one day and was so impressed he always referred to me as Leobi Wan even after I told him to shut his pie hole or I'd "punch it."

There was also this really fat hairy girl at school who ALWAYS wore a big brown sweater that said 'BOCA' thus I lovingly gave her the nickname Chewboca, which to this day still stands. Sad really, but being the SW fan that I am I couldn't resist.

19. litllejedi

litllejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    Well, I never used to force gesture automatic doors untill I read this Thread. Thanks guys.

BTW; its too cool, I couldnt stop grining.

20. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    When something smells bad I say "It smells like bantha Poodoo".

My friends say "Smells like what"
    I just say nothing after that.

21. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    My Drama teacher is always telling us to try all we have to do is try hard and we will succed well when my teacher said this I leaned over to my friend(Golden Veila)[Acctualy I am not sure if it was Veila or my other friend Jaina;)] and said "Boy she and Yoda would sure not get along." I can never get through the day without saying something SW related and I have been known to call all cars transports instead of cars... I named my bike the Millenium Stallion... and my hand is never far from a stick I have fasioned into a lightsaber...

22. Garen_LiLorian

Garen_LiLorian Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2001
  23. Garen_LiLorian

Garen_LiLorian Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2001
    Besides braining myself and any unfortunates who wander into my lightsaber path of wanton destruction, I also enjoy doing the Darth Vader breath while waiting in an elevator and then imitating the SW hissing as the doors slide open. Plus, I use my Jedi mind tricks to get traffic lights to change for me. It works more often than you may believe

24. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Heh, I just realized this one... I recently got 2 new hooded sweatshirts for this winter. Everytime I put the hood over my head I start to say, "What is it?" (in Darth Sidious' voice). Sometime's I'll even continue the scene, "The blockade is finshed! We dare not go against the Jedi!"... blah blah blah. :D

Anyways, that's just another part of my life that Star Wars has invaded. :D

25. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    ...allow anyone who hasn't seen the films to exist! Either through education (Forcing them to watch them) or extermination!!! [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.