main
side
curve

Things Star Wars fans can no longer do normally...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sithman, May 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    LOL I have a friend who's parents will not let her watch ESB past the first Yoda scene... so she has no clue about Darth being Yodas... I mean Lukes father:) I was joking when I said Darth was Yoda's father;)

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Bump. I love this thread! :D

3. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Whenever someone's bugging you, you wave your hands and say,"Alright, alright" as if you're Lando.

You tend to use certain Huttese words as normal parts of you language. (ie: Poodoo or chuba as an alternate curse word)

You must name things and pets after SW characters or things.

4. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Whenever I pick up mom's green umbrella with the silver handle, I can't resist to play with it like it's a lightsaber and I make the sounds too.

And I kept thinking when I go to see Ep2, I'd wave my hand and say, "You will give me the ticket for free." and hope ticket person gets the joke. [face_laugh]

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    :D That's an idea, Lisa!!

"Has anybody ever seen a Badminton game?" :D
    Well, i JUST CAN NOT RESIST to make lightsaber moves and sounds while playing Badminton ...

6. WormRiddenFilth

WormRiddenFilth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2001
    Long thread! I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this but I can't see a 20th century Fox movie without wishing it was going to be a Star Wars movie after seeing and hearing the opening 20th century fox credit.

ALSO:

When I'm sitting at a stop light as a passenger I use the "punch it!" line when the light turns green.

When we get stuck in traffic or experience some other misfortune, out comes the already classic Qui Gonn line: "That will complicate things"

When I'm being lazy and sitting on the coach I try to use the force with the remote across the room...jokingly

7. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

Whenever anyone screws up, I have an irresistible urge to say:

YOU'VE PAID A PRICE FOR YOUR LACK OF VISION.

8. Funky_Naked_Jawa

Funky_Naked_Jawa Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2001
    Guys, here's a good one if your wife or girl-friend (or boyfriend if that's your flavor) ever tries to make you get up to get something for them.

Just put your index fingers to your temple and close your eyes and make like you are trying to use the force to take out the garbage. (Or any other task that you are loathe to do.)

Be patient young padawans when attempting this. In time, they WILL get up and do it themselves.

Honest injun.

9. QuiGonTim

QuiGonTim Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    when I hit a bump I always look to any passengers and say "that was no laser blast something hit us"

10. Edhel

Edhel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2002
    This is such a cool thread, folks. It's very reassuring to know I am not the only one who "uses the force" on automatic doors! I almost always do it now. If there's nobody around you can do an obvious Qui-Gon push like he does on those two battle droids. Or if there's people there you can do a subtle gesture like Obi-Wan does for the mind trick in ANH.

I know most of us like using quotes in conversation but do you lot recite chunks of the film in your head when you're bored? (Out loud if there's nobody there!)

I especially like acting out all the Vader duels and the first half hour of TPM.

11. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I can't help but rate non-SW movies by how many SW actors are in them. For example, the first Indiana Jones movie is at least a 2-SW movie because Ford and Hootkins (Porkins; Red 6) are in the movie. --Sad, I know. :D

12. Lilu

Lilu Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    Do laundry without saying a Vader-line with my head in the maschine.

And while watching Indiana Jones and the Tempel of Doom I just HAVE to point out that the club is called Obi-Wan.

13. DARK_SITH_KILI

DARK_SITH_KILI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2001
    yeah the ObiWan club is kool.

14. Darthsquirrel

Darthsquirrel Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2002
    When i play chess(actually, I think of it as "earth dejarik") with my friends, and I ask them how hard I should play on an admiral system i.e. Hardest=thrawnmode
    hard=ackbarmode average=draysonmode
    bad=muunmode hideously crappy=davipmode

15. ObiDobiKenobi

ObiDobiKenobi Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2002
    mentioning yoda without gigling like a little girl after you've seen ATOC

or

walking up to an automatic door and making a force-hand gesture

16. kenobikenobi

kenobikenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2002
    This is one of my most embarassing moments *sigh* but I'm a moron so here it goes...(btw, im not making this up.)

this happened about 2 weeks ago...

I was sitting in science class, while the teacher was showing slides of Jupiter's moons and telling us what moon it was and what its geography was, etc. Well, anyways, he gets to one of the slides and starts looking at it funny. After about a minute of not saying anything and kind of looking at it blankly, he says "Thats no moon..." and I just shouted and pointed to it and said "Its a space station!"

17. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    Let's see

1) on more than one occasion when somebody has appologized after totally torquing me off I've been known to respond with "Applogy accepted Captain Needa"

2)Everything with a long sword like shape become a lightsaber in my hands.

3)using hands at automatic doors to make like Obi Wan.

4)Describe my car as "she may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts"

5)instead of goodbye when talking to people on line I say "may the force be with you."

18. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    .....go through a couple of days without going to the TF.N boards. :D

19. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I say "Thank the Force" a lot :) And it's always fun to confuse weak minded non-fans with a good mind trick or two...

"You will hand me that pencil...You will continue to stare at me in confusion."

Sadly, it works most of the time [face_plain]

20. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Whenever I ride my bike at sunset, I imagine racing over the desert with DOTF blaring in my head. :D

21. BobaFett688

BobaFett688 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2001
    Oh yeah, same thing on the the rods, only I do it with anything long enough: rake, shovel, broom, whatever.

I can never get angry, either, without thinking "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

22. DimensionX

DimensionX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Whenever I'm outside in the Rain and Wind, I can't help think I'm on Kamino.

Which is really nice sometimes too.

That goes with all Planets weather conditions too :D

23. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Whenever my soldiers turn in paperwork to me and it's not correct i tell them "the force is strong with this paperwork, but your not a Jedi yet."

24. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    LOLOLOL!!! Gosh, it's ssoo nice to see that I'm not the only one who does crazy things! Here's a couple of mine...

1) Whenever I'm about to brush my little sister's hair, she always asks suspiciously what I'm going to do to it cuz once I did bagel buns. (hehe)

2) Quoting I've done an awful lot of-its sort of embarressing actually. Once in Harvey's I picked up an onion ring and said, "Look sir, droids!" and the whole resturant sort of looked at me as if I had gone out of my mind.

3) People never want to watch the Star Wars movies with me because I'm always saying the characters lines before they say them.

4) My Dad can't knock on my door anymore because whenever he says, "It's your Dad" I always yell, "NNNOOOOOO!!!" and fall on the floor...I should probably stop doing this.

5) If I'm playing a racing Nintendo game with someone (like MarioKart) and they win the first race in a set of 4 or something like that, I always growl "You won this small toss outlander but you wont win-a the race! So it-a makes little difference!"

6) I can't even talk anymore without my family yelling at me cuz I talk like Natalie Portman!! After I first watched TPM, I thought she had a neat voice so I started trying to do an imitation. I did it so well and practiced for so long that I start talking like her all the time! And its not just when I quote Padme, its when Im just speaking about life in general. I like saying, "You Jedi are far too reckless" and also, "What?" in that husky sort of voice. :-D

7) And I'm always humming the tracks. The first time this summer that we went into the pool, I went under water and then sort of splashed up waving my arms and singing Across the Stars like the Forbidden Love trailer when you the giant bird comes out of the water on Kamino.

I havent done this yet but you know when your a Star Wars geek when your boyfriend kisses you for the first time and you pull away and say, "No! No, I-I shouldnt have done that..."

MTFBWY

25. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Lately when I've been running, there's a 2 inch hose running across the track to water the football field.

Everytime I run over it, I imagine cutting it with my lightsaber and turning off all the lights. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.