main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC things that are good these days

Discussion in 'Community' started by Zapdos, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I have $40 off Sunbasket (meal delivery kit) that I am sharing with needy people around the web. It's making me happy. Let me know if any of you want one!

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    When we don’t feel like cooking and order delivery or pick up, I have the option of ordering my food from the kids menu.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm getting a Roku along with my Nintendo 3DS this week!

solojones, Juliet316 and Rylo Ken like this.
  5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    How I thought I would be dressed for the apocalypse:

[​IMG]

How I'm actually dressed for the apocalypse:

[​IMG]

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    The moss agate

[​IMG]

7. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I finally won a game of Cabo at family game night last night.

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    My mother managed to make a call on facetime today (with heavy help from my sister). Maybe this is what will push my mother to be a bit more independent in the digital age. I plan on calling her tomorrow on FT to keep it up.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I imagine a lot of mothers are learning to use that in the UK - it's Mothering Sunday here (equivalent of US Mother's Day).

Master_Lok, Pensivia and Juliet316 like this.
  10. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    My several siblings and their assorted children all managed to join in for a facetime call this morning--first time that's ever happened!

11. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    since my life became only work and rest (alone) i find myself being more patient in my sparetime. there really is no rush anymore, and i really dont feel like rushing either. i value all my time off and ive gotten even better at entering turtle mode. im moving my way through old dvds that became too much hassle to watch after the phone became a remote control. i had no idea i had so many movies and series ive never even watched once.

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'd forgotten how good Thor: Ragnarok is.

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    My mother and I managed to have a FaceTime call today. I had to call her, but she managed to answer and after some fiddling with the phone she even got into focus.

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    When you bidet arrives:

[​IMG]

Arwen Sith, Master_Lok and Pensivia like this.
  15. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Another good thing today. I had a netflix video party, with people living in at least three different cities, and whom I might just meet once or twice a year. The virus is actually bringing people together.

16. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    The whole situation is reminding me of all the things I have to be grateful for, with the top of the list being my wonderful husband.[face_love]

Edit: On a much more minor note, I ransacked my drawers and finally found a type of lotion that is helping my hands recover from all the frequent hand-washing (I tend to have dry/sensitive skin anyway, and my lifelong eczema, which hadn't flared up in years, had started to come roaring back...)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    That's not small! I have eczema on my hands as well and finding a lotion that actually helps is so great. Especially when they're dry from washing them so much!

Master_Lok, Juliet316 and Pensivia like this.
  18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Just saw on the local news that a local gourmet donut shop is delivering to hospitals for the staff, and you can buy one anonymously for the staff. So I just sent a dozen donuts to my local hospital, where they have several COVID patients. I hope they enjoy them!

19. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I had a talk over the phone with my diabetes nurse, and my long term blood sugar is almost perfect at the moment. I was worried since the app I use with my FGM had calculated a value of 56 and my goal is 52, but she told me it was 52 according to the proper lab tests. It's also good news because with a blood sugar in control you are not really in a risk group for corona, even if it's said that diabethics in general are a risk group, most numbers show that your immune system deteriorates when you have a value of 80 or higher.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Glad to hear that!

I am currently downloading the new Animal Crossing, and will be visiting the islands of my JCC besties before long.

Coruscant likes this.
  21. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I finished another chapter in the manuscript. It was a breeze and a lot of fun to write because it was mostly pay-off and action coming after a lot of careful set-up in prior chapters.

Edit: I did go four pages over my planned 12-page allotment for the chapter, though.

Ze pages, zey just sneeeakk in dere...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  22. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I will be somewhere around 55+ hrs after this workweek.

23. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    My workplace is almost completely empty. I've thoroughly cleaned and reorganized a proper workshop space in our warehouse and I found a pallet of cabinet grade plywood that I've decided to turn into a miter saw station with drawers and a French cleat tool hanging system above it.

This isn't what our company does but....we can.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  25. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Edit: Wrong thread

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020