main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Things you like and dislike about the Disney era so far? SEE WARNING ON PAGE 7

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by DJT, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Like: Rogue One and Solo, which RO is now among one of my favorites in the saga.

The Mandalorian and Rebels, both great and fun shows.

Jedi: Fallen Order which is the best Star Wars game we've had in years.

I've really enjoyed some of the new characters that above materiel's have given us, like Kanan Jarrus, Hera Syndulla, Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, The Mandalorian himself, Merrin and others.

Dislike: Maybe the ST though I confess I'm really indifferent to it and lack any enthusiasm to buy any ST related EU materiel.

EA's poor handling of the license though hopefully with the success of Jedi: Fallen Order things will improve on that front.

Reylo. Just no.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  2. Luna2112

Luna2112 Jedi Knight

Jun 22, 2016
    I don't read Canon comics and have only read 4 Canon novels, so I'm really only judging based on the Films and shows.

I've liked most of what I've seen from the "The Dark Times" (between III and IV). Fallen Order and Rogue One were both great, Rebels was overall good, and Solo was at least a fun little adventure. I also really enjoyed "The Mandalorian", though I don't think it was as great as a lot of fans were saying; it definitely has room to improve going forward.

What I don't like is the entire Sequel Era, especially the way the OT characters and their legacy was handled; I think it was lazy, poorly written, and disrespectful to the previous 6 films. It nearly ruined my interest in Star Wars for a while.

3. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    LOVE:
    1) Rebels - a true follow-up to GL's Star Wars that is full of truly special storytelling moments, blends the six episodes together and delivers new concepts and ideas.
    2) Solo - A Star Wars Story is IMO a highly underappreciated film. Fun hero characters and interesting adversaries, a sinister villain, incredible action scenes (that train heist is just perfect). Not to mention, the score features some real gems- especially the romantic theme between Han and Q'ira and the Crimson Dawn theme are brilliant.
    3) The Clone Wars - technically this is a pre-Disney thing to me, though.

LIKE:
    1) Mandalorian - I started to *really* like it on the second viewing. Very much looking forward to seeing the story go further.
    2) Rogue One - I'm not the biggest Rogue One fan, mainly because the many story threads and the pacing kind of drag it down for me, but it is full of great scenes, characters and memorable moments. I'm still very impressed by ILM's Tarkin.

INDIFFERENT to DISLIKE:

1) The Sequel Trilogy, which I even find difficult to call it that. It's a soft reboot to the previous three episodes within a continuous story, which makes little sense outside of Disney playing it safe to make nostalgia-based profits. It's upsetting how arrogant the higher-ups at Disney/Lucasfilm were to believe they knew better what Star Wars should be than its creator. These films could have pushed the story to new, daring territories had they used GL's story treatments (one can only speculate). Even though it had a lot of interesting elements it never really went anywhere with them (IMO) and having J.J. Abrahms, the filmmaking antithesis of Spielberg and Lucas, irregardless of how he copies them on a surface level, be so heavily involved only hurt this Trilogy. I feel some of the most interesting moments of this trilogy are in The Last Jedi. That showdown duel between Kylo and Luke as well as the scene between him and Leia before that are among the best moments in the film.

2) Resistance I'm mostly indifferent about, because I wasn't a fan of how far they pushed Kaz's screaming in the face of danger and that they didn't really use their villains to their fullest potential (this would have been the one chance to give Phasma some more action moments). The visual style of the animation is beautiful, though. What really surprised me, was that the final episode "The Escape" really wowed me and even got me emotional, though I wasn't really invested in the characters for most of the show. That's a real accomplishment. That finale was excellent.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  4. Lucillalin

Lucillalin Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 10, 2016
    Love: Mandalorian. Not only an enjoyable series with fun characters, but also proves how little you actually need to make a story work: entertaining story (which can be pretty basic if set in an alien world - really weird story in alien setting is super hard to pull off), characters that are intriguing or cute enough etc. How much you can like a character whose face you never even see! I'm actually surprised the show works. Reminds me of earlier shows such as Firefly, Stargate etc. I love the characters (Din Djarin, Cara Dune, The child, Moff Gideon (Giancarlo Esposito is my favourite villain actor since Revolution)), the weird cultural aspects of the ultra-Mandalorians. The fact that there are so many interesting non-human characters.
    Like: Some of the newer novels - Master and Apprentice was surprisingly good. Some episodes of Rebels. Some parts of the Sequel films, as I always say, theres a good film hidden somewhere in there. I like some Disney era characters - Kylo Ren, Kanan, Ezra. In Rebels the characters were more interesting than in the Sequels, which once again proves how little you need to establish a character as someone with personality (like Sabine's love of art. You really don't need more)The comic Rise of Kylo Ren is good too in parts.
    Dislike: I don't like Disney in general. This goes way back, I'm second generation Disney hater. Disney basically takes timeless and universal classics (Grimm, Andersen, Victor Hugo) and flattens them to a cutesy package with whatever ideological message happens to be hip atm. Disney is about the American Dream. You know, leaving your suffocating "Old Country" behind, finding your own place in the world, making new friends and becoming the hero/heroine of your own. Traditions of any culture are shown as barbaric, oppressive, ridiculous etc. Most of the people in the world like their traditions, but still like Disney too, because of the cute animal friends and catchy songs.
    So when Star Wars originally was influenced by theories about timeless myths (Hero with thousand faces) and traditions of different cultures, shown as positive - Luke learns that he's part of this great tradition of heroic knights!, with Disney's ethos you have a bit of a culture clash. Therefore some clumsy attempts at being "subversive" and edgy and different. meanwhile myths still are timeless and universal, even when "It's 2020" or whatever. Maybe Disney has now figured it out, as the response to Mandalorian was "Yeah This is the Way!" (even when the depicted tradition and culture is very very strange. But deep down, people -like -tradition)

I also dislike that they used multiple directors for the sequels. One director would have kept it more coherent. Good looks, epic one liners and space battles is not enough, you need coherent and consistent writing. Interestingly before these sequels this was my issue with the Legacy novels. Three authors doing their own soloing. Poe for an example was written differently by different directors, for some reason.

Also, Sequel had bland characters. I'm sorry, but diversity of -ethnicity - is so so so surface. Whether you have everyone white/asian/black or a mix of every ethnicity under the sun, you have to make an effort with personalities. See Expanse, Firefly, Stargate series, Altered Carbon etc how its done. Or Rebels, it requires -so little- to make a character have personality. Being bitchy is not personality btw, unless you are writing sequels to the Mean Girls. Rey, Finn, Poe, Rose, Hux, Holdo etc were written poorly (though Finn was a bit better in TFA and Poe and Rey in TROS). The old guard were more charismatic, and that showed. I even disliked that Rey got to keep Daisy's IRL posh accent but John Boyega had to fake an american one. What's wrong with South East London accent? Classicist! :D No, really, it would have been fun to hear.

Nhisso likes this.
  5. miasma

miasma Jedi Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    - A much-needed return to a SW universe filled with entertaining, lively characters. Pretty much immediately, I liked Rey, Finn, Poe and Kylo as characters, and they made TFA immensely enjoyable (and then went on to make TLJ and TROS immensely enjoyable, too.)
    - Rogue One: I still have issues with the first third of the film, and I still wish I liked the characters more, but overall, it was fun to get a new SW movie that didn't hinge on the Skywalkers. Oh, and Giacchino's "Your Father Would Be Proud" score is now among my favorite SW compositions.

MEH:
    - Solo. It's fine, and entertaining in its own way, but easily the most forgettable SW movie for me.

DISLIKE:
    - The "fly by night" nature of how the ST was apparently put together. It's a shame because each film is highly entertaining in its own right, and the characters are great, but it all ends up feeling a bit shallower than it should because of the lack of a plan.
    - The lack of new ideas. From recycled plot elements to recycled vehicles, outfits, etc, it often felt less inspired than it should have.

I don't watch the cartoons or read the books, comics, etc, so I can't comment on those. I haven't even seen the Mandolorian yet.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  6. Nhisso

Nhisso Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2020
    What I like: well, uh, I love the Clone Wars, Rebels, and Resistance. I don't know how much influence Disney has on EA/Bioware, but I enjoy SWTOR and thought Battlefront II was great.

Things I don't like: I could write a 10 page essay on this, lol.
    The "reverse" racism and sexism that appeals to the very people who claim to be appalled by racism and sexism and over representation. There is NO such thing as reverse racism or reverse sexism. Racism and sexism are just racism and sexism. But the common phrasing of "reverse" has a connotation that people, sadly, understand because we've made it a point to treat people differently based on their gender or race and it's accepted, done in revenge.

And I am an Arab and married to a half-Korean and we both have immigrant parents so don't come at me with any b.s. about what I understand or don't understand

This part isn't just a Disney thing: The stereotype archetype of how females are portrayed now in fiction is completely ridiculous and despicable. Every female has really short hair or a half shaved head. Almost every female growls when they talk and yells constantly. It's some bid to put females on equal footing with male heroes but is deeply flawed. Male protagonists and antagonists are not all screaming, growling meat heads following a similar archetype and they never were. Even He-Man wasn't a snarling yelling meat head. But Disney has embraced this non sense. Over representing a group in prominent roles is not ok just because someone wants revenge for the past. It's literally a violation of every thing us good people tried to stop (those of us born in the 70s, 80s, 90s and beyond that were raised to disavow racism and sexism and over representation and we were taught to NOT give people a particular treatment because of their DNA, you know, the opposite of what Nazis believe?).

Now, for the next complaint: Let me be VERY clear: I do NOT a poop about your sexual preference. It makes no difference to me. I cannot speak for others, obviously, with what I am about to say, but I think having a love interest for no reason is stupid regardless of your sexual preference, in fiction if it isn't integral to the story. But now we are being told we must have people be homosexual/bi to appeal to people who are also homosexual/bi. Or whatever other sexual preferences and identities out there. It's very odd to me that any one believes their heroes need to share the same preferences as them. Just like I don't need my characters to be brown and middle-easternish for them to appeal to me and I dont care if the male hero gets the girl. For all I care, there could have been ZERO romance between Han and Leia and we don't find out they liked each other until the Force Awakens and we learn of their kid and that they struck up a romance after RotJ. Now, if it adds to the story, like the love interest actually matters, great. So, in a way, Han and Leia was important enough to be in the original trilogy. And it was done with out it being a big deal. There was tension and romantic relief from the action and bad stuff going on in the galaxy. But that often isn't the case in today's fiction. And Disney has proven this with what they're doing to Marvel and supposedly what is going to happen in the SW universe. It isn't about story, it's about appeasing people who MUST see someone have the same interests as them. But to me, and this is just me, I dont need love interests that aren't necessary. This post was called what I like and dislike about Disney, so don't get all crazy on me because I personally dont need love interests in my fiction unless they're very relevant to the story. So it is NOT just about being gay, bi, whatever. It's also the same FOR ME with hetero love interests. And I also fail to see why someone deciding they aren't the gender they are born with is in any way relevant to fiction, unless, again, it adds to the actual story. You should have no idea what any one's sexual preference or gender identity is, especially in Sci-Fi where we are supposed to be past race and gender and sexual preference being a big deal. Just my opinion.

Back to the pros: I don't think Disney has neutered the franchise as some seem to believe. We are still seeing people lose limbs, heads and being impaled and sliced and smashed in shows and movies lol. We are still getting relatively deep, dark story lines. Especially in the shows. I'd argue that Lucas' prequels, at least Phant Menace and AotC, were far more removed from the spirit of the franchise than any thing Disney has done. If Disney's name wasn't attached physically for us to see, I wouldn't even notice Disney has final say or is in any kind of controlling position. Can any Disney detractor show me where Disney hurt the product besides what I've already mentioned? And those haven't even HURT the product, really. They're just issues of hypocrisy and cringey archetypes to me.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  7. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Man, did you not get this out of your system in the Diversity Alliance thread?

devilinthedetails likes this.
  8. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 27, 2020
    Love:
    Rebels, Rogue One

Like:
    Solo A Star Wars Story, The Mandalorian

Indifferent:
    Resistance

Dislike:
    Sequel Trilogy

By the way, I have no problem with people who love the Sequels! It was just not for me.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  9. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 19, 2019
    My favorite film of the Disney era has been Rogue One. I really love the backstory of how the Death Star plans were relayed to the Rebellion since to me it makes Luke's destruction of the Death Star even more meaningful and mythic. Jyn Erso to me is an inspiring and compelling character with her growth from a cynic who doesn't want to stick her neck out for anyone to a martyr willing to die for a cause greater than herself is truly moving. I'm also so impressed by how it flows so seamlessly into ANH.

My second favorite film of the Disney era is Solo. I find it overall a fun action movie. I thought that the recasting of Han and Lando was well done. The biggest criticisms I have is I think there could have been greater development of the friendship between Han and Chewie and that the Maul revelation at the end was to me unnecessary and confusing for fans who just might watch the movies. I think of my mom's reaction of bewilderment on seeing Maul reappear when we watched Solo together in theaters. She asked me, "Didn't that guy die at the end of episode one?" Yeah, me embarking on an elaborate explanation of how a dude who got cut in half and thrown down an abyss hadn't actually died and we learn that in some ancillary TV show she never saw wouldn't have made the ending any less anti-climatic and weird for her. I think the assumption with Star Wars movies should always be that the general audience member hasn't seen anything except the films so the films should all make sense based just on knowledge from the movies.

I like the ST as adventure films though I think that they would've been much better if either one director had been chosen at the outset to helm all three films or all the directors involved had been more committed to making a cohesive project. Rey being the first major character female Jedi was cool to me, and I enjoyed her relationship with Leia as her Jedi Master, though I would've enjoyed seeing that developed even more throughout the trilogy instead of introduced in TROS. I enjoy the dynamic between Rey, Finn, and Poe, although again I wish that had been developed more prior to TROS. I think the major villain of the ST should've been either Palpatine or Snoke, and if it was Palpatine, explaining his return should've occurred in more depth, and if it was Snoke, more effort to make Snoke a more distinct character from Palpatine would've been appreciated. I also think the Rey and Kylo/Ben kiss should've been deleted. I do have some other issues as well, but I've discussed them over in the ST section and don't want to turn this post into any more of a novel than it already is.

As far as TV shows go, I haven't watched Rebels or Resistance so I won't comment on those, but I did really enjoy The Mandalorian show and I especially loved Baby Yoda. I now have a Baby Yoda plush toy from the Disney Shop that is absolutely adorable. I'm also really looking forward to the Obi-Wan show and am excited that they got Ewan back for that.

In terms of novels, I think that the overall quality of the New Canon is comparable to the quality of the Legends EU with some works being excellent, some middle of the pack, and others downright disappointing. The best new find authors of the New Canon for me have been Claudia Gray, E.K. Johnston, and Alexander Freed. Claudia Gray is great at writing Leia, exploring politics, and exploring complex characters. E.K. Johnston's Padme novel was a great way to explore Padme, who in the past had in my opinion been underdeveloped outside the movies of the PT. Alexander Freed is very adept at tackling war stories with a very gritty, raw style. I also appreciate the New Canon effort to provide YA content, and most of the YA content has either been exceptional or at least middle of the pack as far as Star Wars books go.

10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    The droids remain the best thing about the Disney-era movies.

11. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Since everyone else seems to be grouping their posts into love, like, dislike, etc., I'll do the same.

I can't say I really love anything from the Disney era to be honest. If you asked me a few years ago, I would've said I loved Rogue One but it's gone down in my ranking a bit to just "like". I think it's definitely the most Star Wars-y of the films they've released. I also like The Mandalorian (not looking forward to Season 2 very much, but that's a discussion for another time) and Solo to a lesser extent. I enjoyed most of Clone Wars S7, but I can hardly say that's nu-Lucasfilm's doing.

I'm indifferent to Rebels for the most part. I think it had good moments (largely dependent on Clone Wars nostalgia, but still), but I don't care for a lot of the show. To me, it demonstrated that Dave has some ideas I can't get behind and he needs George to balance him out. Or, at least, for me to enjoy the story. The show isn't part of my "headcanon" because the Imperial forces are far too much of a joke and I don't like the world between worlds or Ahsoka and Ezra surviving the show.

I dislike the sequel trilogy for many, many reasons. Resetting the galaxy back 30 years, how the OT characters were handled, the lack of interesting locations, lack of a Jedi Order, the one sole Skywalker turning evil, Reylo, and others are all sticking points for me. I will admit that it would be tough for me to accept any ST that isn't written by George. Non-episodic content that's written by someone else I can get behind, but films positioning themselves as part of the "Saga"? Definitely not. Of course, the fact that it was made relay race-style hardly helped.

I don't have any interest in the books or comics because it doesn't seem like Lucasfilm takes them very seriously. They retcon them constantly.

12. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Warning: Viewers might find the following video clip to be a bit frightening and tense:

13. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 30, 2017
    Love
    Rogue One, TCW S7, Rebels, Jedi: FO, Doctor Aphra

Solo, The Mandalorian, Battlefront 2 campaign, Vader comics

Dislike
    The whole ST but especially TLJ, Aftermath, Resistance

Stuff that's piqued my curiosity but I haven't checked out yet
    Galaxy's Edge, Thrawn comics, Myths and Legends book, Vader Dark Lord of the Sith comics

If there's one thing that might get me to appreciate the ST more, it would probably be a trip to GE. I've gotten the impression that Disney wanted to acquire SW as much for its parks as for films, in part because they've wanted a direct competitor to Universal's Harry Potter land. Big chunks of TROS felt like a commercial for GE.

14. Princess_Tina

Princess_Tina Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Could you give some examples?

15. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 30, 2017
    The opening sequence w/ Finn and Poe, most of Pasaana, the entire Star Destroyer sequence, parts of Kijimi

Princess_Tina likes this.
  16. Paleof

Paleof Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2019
    Love: TCW S7
    Really Like: Rebels (only watched S1 so far), Mandalorian, Rogue One, Lost Stars, Bloodline
    Like: Solo, Thrawn, Tarkin, Ahsoka
    Meh: TFA, TLJ
    Dislike: TROS

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  17. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    What I love about the Disney Era? "Rogue One", "Solo", "The Mandalorian"; and John Boyega and Harrison Ford together in "The Force Awakens".

What I liked? Galaxy's Edge at the Disney parks.

What I disliked? The Sequel Trilogy.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  18. godisawesome

godisawesome Sequel Trilogy Manager star 5 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Love: Rogue One, The Clone Wars: Final Season, Lost Stars, Fallen Order, The Mandalorian

In general, these were the entries thus far that I think showed the most overall competence with their high concept ideas, marrying a love for the franchise with genuine inspiration and Originality, or, if barring that, a willingness to go whole hog into their ideas.

Like: The Force Awakens, Rebels

I still really like these, and don’t find the bad at all... but I do think both showed a bit more of a conservative creative approach: TFA honestly is great as a character movie (with those characterization and characters sadly ignored or twisted by the succeeding films) but *does* suffer from the replay of the Death Star trench run and didn’t inject much originally past the characters, while Rebels took a bit too long to get its full ambition to really succeed The Clone Wars (it’s closer to a love than a like, however.)
    Neutral: Solo

It’s not bad, and it’s generally fun. But it feels more like it should have been a decent TV show rather than an underperforming movie. It also shows where even a great actor and a great character can have a rather bland story around them, resulting in a situation where many of the side characters are implied to have more interesting adventures than what we’re watching right now.

Dislike: The Rise of Skywalker, The Rise of Kylo Ren comic series

No, I don’t think these are good at all, but each has some extenuating circumstances behind them: TROS had an incredibly abbreviated production schedule and was produced with interference from KFL as well as an Abrams largely out of ideas, and Charles Soule was basically in charge of a glorified white-washing project that still succumbed to LFL’s too-generous and sympathetic view of Kylo. Both are pretty bad... but both have the genesis of many of their problems founded in...

Loath : The Last Jedi

Rian Johnson is still a great director. Rian Johnson is still usually a good writer. I still want to see his Star Wars Trilogy, if it gets made.

But everything about TLJ wound up being cancerous to the Sequel Trilogy as a three film story, it’s characters, and to the era around it. It’s a film that can only really try and stand by itself, and still demands some dubious prioritization and more juvenile viewpoints than the other entries. The Rise of Skywalker isn’t original at all, has the Reylo kiss, and ends with the Skywalker all dead... but most of that is the natural result of The Last Jedi creating or reinforcing this elements. And I can’t emphasize enough how bad it was to double down on most of The Force Awakens least interesting flaws, while simultaneously sabotaging its strengths and embracing the most boring and disappointing answers it could.

Reylo is born from TLJ having a crush on Kylo and sacrificing Rey’s spine and personality in order to pontificate and fixated on what is ultimately a shallow character, because Johnson and KFL suffered under a delusion he was something he wasn’t. Finn is utterly wasted in a story going nowhere and dependent on a depressingly bland interpretation of his previous adventure. Both Rey and Finn’s treatment waste their potential as progressive characters *and* as just engaging ones as well. Luke, even if you like his story (and I don’t), gets wasted on a plot that is only good for one film and doesn’t add anything to the central characters or plot of the story. And the Space Chase is sloppy, inconsistent, and boring, all while depending on yet more dubious interpretation and character arcs.

And I’ll admit to some pettiness and say that part of my problem is that it’s still *just* competently directed enough that it got a too-positive response - the fact it got critical approval is part of the reason I don’t like it, because I think it’s mostly just a cheap, Michael Bay-level blockbuster that just happened to pander to the right people to make its bad ideas seem good to LFL.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Emperor Ferus and darkspine10 like this.
  19. ceruleanwing

ceruleanwing Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2020
    Like: The Mandalorian, Jedi: Fallen Order, a few books like Master and Apprentice, Solo, Rogue One. I'm glad they've given Padme a couple of books, though I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. Bringing in Thrawn was also awesome.

Had Potential: Some of the concepts of the Disney Cannon are interesting. Rey, Finn, Poe, etc. I'll even say that Reylo could have been pretty good if executed in a way that was better. I've actually read some great fanfiction about all of the above, so I think they all had potential to be great.

Dislike: I really can't understand what Disney/Lucasfilm was thinking in not having some overarching plot or plan for the sequel trilogy. They either had a plan and deviated from it or they didn't care to make a plan at all. For a company with so much influence, resources and access to talent, this is inexcusable to me. The sequel trilogy is really bad as a result. I honestly cannot fathom what they were thinking.

I know I'll probably get some flack for this but I do not agree with axing the old Extended Universe stuff. They didn't have to adapt it 1:1 or even adapt it at all. They could have continued it as an alternate universe and kept publishing the books. Heck, they could have at least published the ones they canceled, like Jaina's trilogy. It also breaks my heart that I won't ever get to see Mara Jade on screen. So many great characters and concepts just wasted. I also find it a little silly that they think it would be too confusing for the public for them to publish anything from the EU, since everywhere you look for Star Wars books, there are still old EU books mixed in everywhere. So if the existence of the EU is too confusing, then it must already be too confusing.

The treatment of the OT characters was really terrible, IMO. It seems like they've gone well out of their way to make everything terrible for them in every manner possible. Luke in particular must have someone in Lucasfilm who hates him. I don't see why things like Leia and Han having a ruined relationship were necessary.

I'm not an Ahsoka hater, but I really hope they don't end up overusing her. I liked her quite a lot in Clone Wars but she is getting a little too powerful/invincible and I feel like she should have died already.

20. bb8isno1

bb8isno1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2020
    Happy with the The sequels Rouge One Mandalorian
    Dissapointed With Solo

21. Helloothere

Helloothere Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2020
    Love: Mandalorian, Rogue One.
    Like: Solo, Rebels, last season of Clone wars, Comics
    Dislike: TFA,
    Hate: TROS, TLJ , the sheer lack of planning, Wendigs books, Resistance.
    Despise: EA games.

22. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Really Like/Love:
    Solo, Mandalorian, TCW S7, Battlefront 2 as of 2020

Neutral:
    Jedi Fallen Order (not my type of game)
    The Last Jedi (only time I had some fun with the ST, but still don't care to watch it anytime soon)
    Rogue One (Kinda disliked this one tbh, but I respect it for what it does well. However none of the characters left an impact on me.)

Dislike/Hate:
    TFA, TROS

23. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 27, 2019
    LOVE:
    - The Mandalorian
    - Rebels
    - The Clone Wars: The Final Season
    - Rogue One

NEUTRAL to MILDLY LIKE:
    - Solo
    - All of the new EU stuff I've read:
    > Catalyst
    > Rebel Rising
    > A New Dawn
    > First few trade paperbacks of main Star Wars comic
    > First few trade paperbacks of Darth Vader comic

DISLIKE:
    - Resistance

*Jim Carrey Grinch voice* LOATH ENTIRELY:
    - The Force Awakens
    - The Last Jedi
    - The Rise of Skywalker

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  24. Starith

Starith Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2020
    Like:
    Films: Rogue One. Not better than the OT and PT, but the best Disney-era film. It's somewhere in the middle.
    Other media: The Darth Vader comic series by Kieron Gillen (my favorite thing to come from the Disney era so far.) Some of the other Vader and OT-era comics are pretty good too (and I very much appreciated having ongoing stories about the OT 3 during the ST's run). Also, some of the Galaxy of Adventures animated shorts were pretty cool.

Dislike:
    Films: The ST, Solo.
    Other media: Chances are with anything else, either I dislike it, haven't seen/read it, or I'm just not interested.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  25. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Love:
    The Mandalorian

Like:
    Clone Wars Season 7 (wasn't crazy about the Sisters arc, but the rest of it was really good.)
    Rogue One
    Solo

Dislike:
    The ST as a whole. (It had a few entertaining moments, but as a trilogy..no. The treatment of Luke throughout is more than enough for me to dislike it.)

I haven't seen Rebels or Resistance, or gotten much into the comics or books so I can't give an opinion on them.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Deliveranze and christophero30 like this.