main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Our celebration of the 20 Years of the Jedi Council is over!

Here's to 20 more years!

3. Our celebration of the 20 Years of the Jedi Council is over!

Here's to 20 more!

Things you like and dislike about the Disney era so far? SEE WARNING ON PAGE 7

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by DJT, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Why I'm I only just now finding out about this?! I check TheForce.net EVERYDAY and yet I somehow missed this news.

Lt. Hija and Tosche_Station like this.
  2. Blobofat

Blobofat Force Ghost star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    I like Disney's cinematography but I feel they've taken a step back in terms of world building.

Truth is, there's so much SW stuff out there now I can't keep up and am reaching the point where I'm not sure I want to. Maybe taking a SW sabbatical until the final saga film is released is the best idea.

3. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2018
    I like that Disney appears to be coming finally to its senses in regards to expectations about putting out SW films with the rapidity of Marvel.

4. MaciekRS

MaciekRS Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 15, 2016
    I like new films, like new actors, like Christmas release time, like excitement about something NEW in SW.
    Dont like some so called "fans" butthurt reactions which is driving me away from fandom.

The Deuteragonist likes this.
  5. Alexrd

Alexrd Force Ghost star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I wasn't aware of this either. But the price they are asking is not for my wallet. I'm also not sure what kind of new information (aside from that exclusive Lucas interview) they are going to include, considering the already extensive making of books by Rinzler.

Tosche_Station likes this.
  6. Lord Sith Harloxzz

Lord Sith Harloxzz Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2016
    I liked that there is more Star Wars material like new movies, series, comics, games, etc.
    What I dislike are the Sequels those movies for me are not worthy of being called Star Wars

7. Esh-kha

Esh-kha Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2018
    They could just made them ahead of time well developed taking time and dump them year after year. I doubt there are that many CGI complainers who could sink it.

8. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    Like: Rogue One
    Dislike: everything else

9. Drac39

Drac39 Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 9, 2002
    I think conceptually Disney is on point. The films all look and feel like a space opera in the spirit of the original trilogy.

They are in danger of over flooding us with quantity over quality.

Lt. Hija likes this.
  10. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2018
    One thing I really love about the Disney Era films is the Quality of the Special Effects.
    There are no other Blockbuster Movies that come even close.

11. cane_danko

cane_danko Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2018
    I love that we are getting brand new stories and characters with high quality movies. Disney is pulling out all the stops and experimenting in ways lucas never really could.
    What i hate is the prequel toxicity has somehow evolved into something much worse. Star wars fandom is infuriating for me and i try my best to not get triggered by people’s overwhelminly negative connotations when they don’t like something but really like the haters have no chill anymore and it makes me feel a type of way i would rather not