main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Things you never noticed in the CT.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by 11-4D, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    Vader was just trying to follow social distancing etiquette.

StartCenterEnd and Count Yubnub like this.
  2. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I watched Empire again last night. The new transfer is so clear and sharp. Empire never looked so good. The CGI footage blends much better with the original footage than it did in the 2011 BluRays. It all flows so much better when additions don’t standout so much.

Because of that a CGI shot of Bespin really caught my eye. It’s a shot of a cloud car flying through Cloud City that leads to Leia and Han’s talk in the apartment they are staying in with the line from Leia “Then you’re as good as gone.” And Chewie brings in a blasted C-3PO.

So the wide shot following the cloud car has a couple things I never notices. There are lots of green spaces, little parks and courtyards in cloud city. And parked on a landing pad is a Starspeeder 3000 from Starh Tours or very similar spacecraft. Never noticed it before.

3. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    It’s my understanding after the Death Star was destroyed the Rebels immediately begin an evacuation of the base. As part of that other Rebel groups traveled to Yavin to assist with the evacuation and provide defense. Those pilots at the end just arrived and weren’t there for the battle. A few hours after the ceremony the Rebels are gone from Yavin.

Darth Chuck Norris and Sarge like this.
  4. R_W 7567

R_W 7567 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2021
    In ROTJ, when they are all captured by Ewoks, when Han says to the leader, "point that thing somewhere else" (he is referring to the spear) you can see luke trying to cover up a laugh. idk if this is an unseen blooper or what.

5. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Might’ve been a blooper. Mark is known to have a bit of a wild imagination.

6. Jimbing

Jimbing Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 15, 2020
    Wow, really good points here...

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I've always believed that was deliberate. Luke should find it hilarious that his super-cool bad-@$$ buddy is helpless against pint-sized teddy bears with pointy sticks.

8. Jimbing

Oct 15, 2020
    I still can't see it, is it the box on the back of his belt?

9. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    yes. That’s it. That’s the grappling hook on the left, the line is in the box.

StartCenterEnd and Jimbing like this.
  10. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    I never knew until recently that EV-9D9, the droid in Jabba's palace who runs the droid torture chamber place, has a female personality.

StartCenterEnd and Jediking97 like this.
  11. Jimbing

Oct 15, 2020
    Cool, thanks, yes I can see the hook now, facing upwards. I wonder if that is Mark Hamill in there.

12. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    True. Also I noticed that ESB is when the concept of cloaking devices is introduced, with "No ship that small has a cloaking device!" half an hour later. Which implies cloaking devices are only on big ships. And we don't actually see any get used, they just get name-dropped once and forgotten.

So I wonder if perhaps the implication may have been that Star Destroyers, being big ships, have cloaking devices and the original Hoth attack plan was something like "jump in beyond sensor range, then cloak, and then approach closer".

(Yes, I know that subsequent canon conflicts with this, but I'm wondering if that was maybe the thinking circa 1980.)

13. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Last time I re-watched ROTJ, I realized how much of Yoda's dying conversation was dedicated to teaching Luke to accept death and loss as part of life and the Force, something that his father could never do and was arguably what caused his father's downfall in the PT. It hadn't really hit me before how much of Yoda's last words to Luke in ROTJ were about how to handle death and loss in a Jedi fashion.

14. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    It's also possible that he thought back all those years and realized he had chosen the wrong words for Anakin and what he tells Luke is the same thing, but more gentler.

15. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    Or perhaps he realized he himself had been attached to things like "democracy" and "the Republic".

16. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    I noticed last time I watched ESB that Rieekan’s quote about “it’s a good bet the Empire knows we’re here” is such a logical statement but unbeknownst to him it’s a bet he came very close to losing if Vader hadn’t personally intervened.

17. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    Dammit Vader :p

18. dazin5

dazin5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2021
    I somehow only recently noticed that Harrison ford has a bent nose and a scar on his chin. Also I only recently noticed the restraining bolts on the droids, or found out what they were. The inconsistencies of Luke's uncle not recognising Threepio and Threpio not being sure what planet he's on (despite being back in his old house on the planet where he was created according to the Prequels) are also things that I only recently noticed. Also, something that came to my attention recently is that Bossk wears an actual RAF flight suit, namely a windak high altitude pressure suit. A space man appears in the cantina scene with the same suit, and apparently the same suit features in at least one old Doctor Who episode.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    3P0 didn't recognize Tatooine because his memory was wiped at the end of RotS.

20. dazin5

dazin5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2021
    Memory erasure? That takes prequel hatred to extremes...

Sarge likes this.
  21. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Havent you seen Episode III ?

22. Martin Hoffmann

Martin Hoffmann Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2020
    I've never noticed that before. This is funny ... :D

23. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Watching TESB recently I just realized that the same Echo Base Rebel manning one of the tripod machine guns gets blasted 2 times, from different angles, possibly 3 times. Twice when a dish gun gets destroyed and then also one of the towers.

C.Roach likes this.
  24. C.Roach

C.Roach Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    An armature pole attached to the model?

[​IMG]

25. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Hmm...there's a color code thing going on in ROTJ.

Luke and his father, their last exchange.

That grey triangle in the middle of Luke's chest, like a lapel. Grey inside black.

That's Anakin's face. That color. And it's next to Luke's heart.

The color has to do with his father's skin not receiving any light.

Then he sees Luke and is seen by him. Go, my sun.
    (Those twin suns. Also, the same in TFA. The bridge scene. The sun/son is drained and then Kylo kills Han)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021