main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Things you want to see in Solo: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jul 22, 2016.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It may be two years away but now is as good a time as any to start discussing what we'd like to see in this film. A planet? A character? Maybe you want to see Han punch Jar Jar's lights out? That's really mean but tell us why anyway.

I'll start: While I don't want the Empire to be the main villains in this particular film I would enjoy seeing how they affect the normal beings of the galaxy. Basically I'd like to see what Han thinks about them in a time before he meets Luke and Leia and joins the Rebellion.

The Hutts of course. I'd like to learn a little more about them and their place in the wider galactic affairs.

I want to see where Han comes from. It doesn't have to take up much of the film and I certainly wouldn't want to turn this into a biopic. But we've learned so much about where Luke and Leia come from and nothing of Han so I'd like to see it explored a little bit. Who were his parents? Did he have any siblings? How did they affect the person he becomes? Things like that.

Okay that's it for me now.

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I don't know the whole history on how he got the Falcon, how long he had it, or how Lando lost it to him,
    But id like to see the Falcon and have it look lil bit newer..(not shiny but not a piece of junk either.)
    Depending on how close to ANH this is I guess..

TooMuchBBQ likes this.
  3. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I expect we'll see the Kessel Run.

4. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I'd love to see Corellia. Not the bulk cruiser mind you but the Corelia it's self. Maybe we see the first meeting between Han and Jabba.

BMO, Straudenbecker, DBPirate and 8 others like this.
  5. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    I'd like to see Chewbacca actually be a bit frightening / threatening towards Solo at first .... like a lot more feral, specifically if he has been caged up by the Empire after the Battle of Kashyyk. I'd also like to see Tarfull caged up with him, but Tarfull gets killed during the escape.
    The Han / Chewie relationship could actually be the complete crux of the film, if you look at it this way. They slowly begin to trust each other over the course of an adventure, but at the start it is very volitile as they are very unsure of each other.

Let's get a couple of scenes of Han and Greedo reluctantly working together also, and maybe an old Clone (played by an older Temura Morrison) being phase d out of service by the empire, due to the new recruited stormtroopers.

And Lando also, gotta have Lando.

6. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    I'm seconding Corellia- to have it mentioned so many times and yet never shown is somewhat maddening.

Baron_Papanerd and Darth Wookiee like this.
  7. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
  8. Italian Ackbar

Italian Ackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2015
    Greedo, Lando, maybe Boba and... JABBA! I'd like too see again a non-CGI Hutt, or at least not 100% CGI

whostheBossk, DL44Jo and Avnar like this.
  9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Winning the Falcon.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope they do show the Kessel Run. I kinda wonder if Kasdan dropped that line about it into TFA to remind the audience and set it up for this film. :p

11. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I want to see what I expect we're getting, a buddy cop movie with Han and Chewie.

12. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Kashyyyk, more wookiees.

13. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Agreed - But not the cgi world we saw in ROTS - Go to the Amazon! :cool:

BMO, Twain, Darth Wookiee and 4 others like this.
  14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    More wookies and Kashyyyk, definitely. I want to see Greedo and Jabba, too. Biggest one, though, is Corellia.

DarthJaceus and darklordoftech like this.
  15. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    -Corellia
    -Saving Chewbacca/and family.
    -Han and Greedo going at it back and forth, both trying to out do one another, with Han getting the last laugh.
    -Dengar, Bossk, 4-Lom, Zuckuss, IG-88 and Boba Fett of course.
    -Winning the Falcon
    -Lando
    -Jabba

-I think it should be like 10 years before A New Hope and the Falcon should come factory YT-1300. Once he gets the ship, have him modify the co-pilot seat later, so that Chewbacca can sit next to him.

Lastly, the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs.

16. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    i really dont know if anything from the EU is still considered canon anymore (or ever was really) but i always liked the idea of han being an imperial officer who rebelled against his superiors when he saw chewie being mistreated. start from there maybe.........then go into his smuggling days.

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That storyline is from a now non-canon source (old EU, now referred to as Legends). However, that doesn't necessarily mean that it could not be made canon if the writers, etc. decide they like it and want to use it for future stories such as the Solo movie.

18. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    At Jabba's palace... Han seducing Boba's women... Leaving a very jealous and angry Mandalorian.

19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015

The Sy Snootles one night stand subplot?

TwinSunset and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  20. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    What others have already said. Also Han's skepticism about the Force.

BMO likes this.
  21. Italian Ackbar

Italian Ackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2015
    Too similar to Finn's storyline, I don't think they'll go for it. And Kasdan even said that he isn't interested in the meaning of the word "canon".

22. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    -Han/Chewy buddy cop dynamic and their burgeoning friendship.
    -Lando appearance.
    -Greedo and Jabba.
    -How Han won the MF (although I don't need to see this 100%, it'd be nice).
    -A cleaner/less rundown MF.
    -Boba Fett.
    -Ham NOT being an amoral smuggler from day one. He should have the reverse character arc that he had in the OT (more or less).

BMO and Dak Oolron like this.
  23. E 50

E 50 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2016
    The Black Sun criminal organization.

A lot more of the seedier side of the galaxy. Maybe even the lower levels of Coruscant.

"A lot of strange stuff"

Mercenary pilots in Z 95s

Parts of the Falcon we haven't seen.

The Falcon getting modified.

Other clothes Han wears.

Han shooting somebody first, like they were a cheat at gambling. (Almost certain this will be in the movie)

BMO, DarthJaceus, DBPirate and 3 others like this.
  24. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Are you saying that this movie should be a buddy cop movie?

25. DL44Jo

DL44Jo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 7, 2014
    All except I'd rather he shoot first for a different reason. Not sure I can see him shooting someone over that, but maybe.