main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Things you want to see in Solo: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jul 22, 2016.

1. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    This film has so much stuff to fit in and could easily be the most sort of nostalgia driven fan service entry so far in the series in terms of the back story it shows.

Han meeting Chewie
    Han possibly freeing Chewie?
    What was Han doing before this?
    Hans friendship with Lando
    Will Lando have a big part in it or just in there for the card game and losing the Falcon?
    What was Han flying before he got the Falcon?
    The Kessel Run
    Corellia
    Was he working for Jabba?
    Did he have any run ins with Boba Fett or the Empire even?

Ultimately I have no idea what they will do with the story for this, it can't just be a series of events telling the backstory of Han, there has to be a macguffin running through it surely. Some kind of goal for Han and Chewie to achieve. Maybe that macguffin is related to The Kessel Run even?

But being greedy I'd like to see everything above, but most importantly I want to believe that this new guy is Han Solo and whoever else they replace in addition to Lando. Its going to be tough to achieve, but on a similar note I buy all the new Star Trek characters as the main leads since that was rebooted as they were done very well. I hope its the same for this film too.

2. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    I want to see Greedo and IG-88 in its glory.

3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yes! I have mostly always ignored EU stuff BUT anything to do with the IG-88 assassin droids (set of 8...9? I can't remember) I always found fascinating!

Blue 5 likes this.
  4. Crimson_Guard975

Crimson_Guard975 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 17, 2014
    Han tells Leia that he and Lando "go way back," so the impression is that for a while they were best buds. After that Sabacc game, they probably parted on iffy terms (with Lando accusing Han of cheating), Empire makes it clear that they hadn't talked in a while and Han is afraid Lando might still be holding a grudge. But Lando will probably still pop up here and there, since the Anthology films seem to be following a Marvel Cinematic Universe style format.

I'm hoping his original ship gets a few decent action sequences before it is destroyed or disabled.

I think Jabba at this point in Star Wars chronology is the GFFA equivalent of Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando) in The Godfather. This is just in terms of power level, though, personality wise, Jabba is probably closer to Alex Sosa from Scarface. Han and Chewie will probably need to do a few more impressive things to get his notice.

The Empire did play a role in Han falling out of favor with Jabba. Han was smuggling glitterstem spice, the Star Wars equivalent of heroin. He ran afoul of a Star Destroyer with a commander that he couldn't outsmart and had to dump his shipment to save himself ("Even I get boarded sometimes, do you think I had a choice?"). Sounds like this film is years before that, though.

I think the Empire will be more of a background threat in this film, with the main villain being a Davik Kang type figure who resents the Empire but generally tries to avoid pissing them off. If cast sheets from MSW are any indication, I think he'll be called Moloch.

5. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I want Han to have a pre-Chewie co-pilot that just generally sucks.

6. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    The thing about is, there's really no indication in the OT that Han and Boba Fett are these big rivals. That's purely a Legends/EU creation (TBF, I get why they went there with it, but it isn't really in the original films).

If anything, Han and Greedo seem to the ones who have "history" and bad blood with each other. Greedo was practically giddy at finally getting the chance to kill Han, and Han treated Greedo with barely disguised disdain.

7. Crimson_Guard975

Sep 17, 2014
    Han and Boba weren't even that big rivals in Legends. Han was just a particularly lucrative job for him (two paychecks, one from Jabba and one from Vader). Dengar was the one with the grudge against Han, there was a swoop bike race where Dengar's bike crashed, and he blamed Han for his injuries. This is negated by his appearance in TCW, which makes it more or less impossible to have that kind of history with Han. IIRC, TCW established that Aurra Singh was a bigger badass than Boba.

If Fett does show up in this film, I don't think he would have a particularly large role. I figure we'll get a five minute cameo from a villain we're familiar with, but the specific threat will be this Moloch character from the MSW cast sheets (since it says he has henchmen) and Woody Harrelson's character will probably turn against Han in the second half.

8. Crimson_Guard975

Sep 17, 2014

There were four of them in Legends, A, B, C, and D. One of them uploaded itself into the second Death Star, and Boba Fett killed the other three. I didn't really care for that, actually. Borg/Skynet/Decepticon style assimilation plots just don't have that much teeth in a universe with the Dark Side of the Force. In modern continuity, IG should have more of an HK-47 type personality. Or Death's Head (think HK with more distinctly British sensibilities, "In the name of extreme profit, you are under arrest.")

On a slightly off topic note, I really hope Death's Head is in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, but I'm guessing he probably isn't.

9. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    After Han completes the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs, I'd like to see a post-credit scene where Dominic Toretto played by Vin Diesel confronts Han in some cantina bar, and Han says:
    "Who are you?"
    Whereas Toretto rumbles in reply:
    "Someone who's heard you're fast..."

11-4D and The Regular Mustache like this.
  10. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    I want to see the Pykes. /heavy breathing ~ฅ(•ㅅ•❀)ฅ

11. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017

It would be so cool to see IG-88 in this young Han Solo movie but I don't know about Greedo.

Avnar likes this.
  12. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    End credits music will be by Bruce Springsteen.

I got a YT freighter with a .5 hyperdrive
    Plasma heads, smuggler holds in the floor
    She's waitin' for me tonight at Mos Eisley spaceport
    In docking bay 94
    My and my Wookiee partner built her straight out of scratch
    And he rides with me from town to town
    We only smuggle spice, got no strings attached
    We shoot 'em up and then we shoot 'em down

14. Tobi

Tobi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Greedo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Most fans can agree on podracing being one of the most spectacular parts of TPM. I'd say it's just a matter of time before we see this intense and dangerous racing sport make a comeback in a Star Wars film.

And what better way to do it than in a Anthology film? These are the types of SW films that can explore different characters except for Jedi and Sith.

A podrace would actually make sense in the Han Solo film. Lando is a known gambler so I'm sure he's been betting on podraces before. And if not there, perhaps in a future Lando spin-off. Another suitable place to include it would be in a Boba Fett film, where Boba and few other bounty hunters gets hired to sabotage a podrace.

What would you like to see?

16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The ship Han had before he got the falcon

17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

18. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I want to see this Episode 3 scene again onboard of the falcon!
    [​IMG]

Mostly Handless and Nanaki like this.
  19. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Any
    Podracing in the Han Solo film? Sounds good to me. The Podrace in TPM was a groundbreaking and thrilling action sequence. I always figured podracing would make a return at some point anyway. :)

Blue 5 and Mostly Handless like this.
  20. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    And then Han gets furious.

Sarge likes this.
  21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    The more I think about it - A swoop race! Someone brought it up and ever since all I have thought was "Yes!"

I was not a fan of about 90% of the PT however the Pod Race was brilliant :cool:

22. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Baron_Papanerd and Gigoran Monk like this.
  23. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    It looks like Hyperspace Mountain at Disney. :cool:

24. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    The shape of the structure is fine, but they'd have to add some CGI to it before I can accept it in a SW film.

25. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Even after the camel incident, you still haven't learned? ;)

my kind of scum and Jonipoon like this.