main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Third Time's a Charm: The Arena's New Official Attempt at WNBA/NCAA Women's Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Trika_Kenobi, Jul 7, 2010.

1. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    yeah, that was an awful finish for SC

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, Britney Griner -- hostage or nah?

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I think being one of the higher profile Americans that was still in Russia at the time or her arrest at the airport, it's certain suspicious.

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Why don't the women play their tournament in February to limit competition with other events? Baseball is in offseason, the NFL plays one game in February, the NBA takes a week off, and men's college basketball doesn't even play their conference tournaments until well into March. They'd be the only game in town.

6. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Gamecocks putting on a god****ed clinic tonight. I was skeptical after that meltdown against Kentucky in the SEC Championship, but this team is just playing better and better as this tournament goes on.

starfish and heels1785 like this.
  7. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    South Carolina on to the national championship game! Despite the final score, Louisville put up a gritty fight--definitely one of the better defenses we've faced this year. I really liked that Emily Engston (sp?) girl. She's fun to watch! Too bad she was playing for the other team. Legit felt bad for her when she fouled out though. I hope she does well in the WNBA.

So now it's us against either UConn or Stanford. I know UConn used to be the monkey on our back, but we've beaten them a couple times in recent memory (including once this season, if I recall?). Stanford is the team I want. We have unfinished business with them dating back to our last-second one-point loss to them in the Final Four last year. I'll be happy for the Gamecocks to win it all against anybody. But I want Stanford. I want revenge!

heels1785 likes this.
  8. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    from what I’m seeing I don’t see anyone on either Stanford or UConn that will be able to slow down Aliyah Boston

Rew and heels1785 like this.
  9. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    22-8 at the end of the first quarter--fewest points UConn has scored in the first all season.

Absolutely dominating performance so far from the Gamecocks, and frankly (after a certain less than pleasant men's basketball game last night that has made me extra salty) I'm here for it.

WRECK. THEIR. ****. [face_chicken]

PCCViking and Point Given like this.
  10. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Wire to wire!

South Carolina was the preseason #1 team and never relinquished that top ranking all season long (even after two flukes for losses). In a microcosm of the season as a whole, Carolina led from the outset and never relinquished the lead all night long. After being denied a chance to play in the tournament at all in 2020, then being a put back away from a national title appearance in 2021, this year we have left no doubt.

2022 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!
    [​IMG]

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    an all-time defensive performance. dawn staley forever.

Rew likes this.
  12. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I love how the Gamecocks won the title weeks ago, and they're still celebrating. [face_chicken]

This is from Darius Rucker's free concert at Colonial Life Arena tonight.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    paige bueckers tore her acl in a pickup game, will miss her entire junior season for uconn. she's a generational talent, really hope she can get back to 100% for what should be a great professional career.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    vegas/seattle game tonight is incredible. a'ja wilson and breanna stewart each having huge nights while battling each other, been within a few points for most of the game.

hope this series goes the distance.

18. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    dawn staley never misses.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    another very good, kind of crazy game between Seattle and Vegas, thought Sue Bird had the winner there, but onto overtime we go…

was kind of hoping Connecticut could win the other series, but Chicago is up 2-1 now, but oh well Parker is good, so I won’t mind Chicago vs Seattle/Las Vegas

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    a'ja wilson is unbelievable. i want to see her get a ring.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    only caught the highlights of today's game, but congratulations to becky hammon, a'ja wilson, and the las vegas aces on their championship. what an incredible team.

23. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    I was happy Connecticut won one game and more impressed that they managed to beat Chicago

but yeah congrats to Hammon and Wilson, they deserve it

and the Fiba womens world cup is starting this week, so more basketball to watch

24. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Becky Hammon was THIS || close to signing with New York damnit. Awesome title though, the Seattle series was an all-timer. A'ja is a boss.

B-Stew you can come home now...

25. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    yeah, as amazing as she has been for Seattle, if she came to New York she would have the whole northeast region cheering for her, Syracuse where she grew up, Connecticut where she played in college, and NYC just because that’s where the Liberty are based

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.