main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

This Is My Boomstick: The Army of Darkness Appreciation

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PrincessKenobi , Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    This is my boomstick. It's a twelve gauge, double barrel, Remington pump. Next one of you primitives touch me...

[image=http://www.tabernakel-des-grauens.com/army_003.JPG]

~PK~

2. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    .......um it is not a pump......

Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. See this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You *got* that? Now......the next one of you primates even TOUCH me........BLAM

but you get an "A" for effort.....and being a chick into teh Army......very cool

Ash: Lady, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to leave the store.
    Possessed woman: Who the hell are you?
    Ash: Name's Ash.
    [cocks rifle]
    Ash: Housewares.

Sheila: You found me beautiful once...
    Ash: Honey, you got reeeal ugly!

Duke Henry: You're not one of my vassals... who are you?
    Ash: Who wants to know?
    Duke Henry: I am Henry the Red. Duke of Shale, Lord of the Northlands and leader of its peoples.
    Ash: Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and ****... and Jack just left town.

3. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Now more or I swallow your souls [face_devil]

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    While the first two Evil Dead movies were good, Army OF Darkness was just pure brilliance to me, giving me a great appreciation for Bruce Campbell. I remember seeing it the first time and laughing at the sacred words to be recited to get the Necronomicon.

And the run in with bad Ash....

Ash: What are you? Are you me?

Bad Ash: I'm Bad Ash. And you're Good Ash. You're goody little two shoes. You're goody little two shoes. Goody little two shoes. Little goody two shoes. Little goody two shoes. Little goody two shoes. Little goody two shoes. Little goody two shoes. Little goody two shoes. Haha!

BOOM

Ash: Good... bad... I'm the guy with the gun.

Ash was just unabashedly a smart ass!

And my fave Evil Sheila line: "I may be bad... but I feel good."

5. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    i think i noticed last time i watched AOD that they use the "pump" sound effect even though it's clearly not a pump. either way, it's a great movie

6. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I've never even seen the other Evil Dead films, but I loved Army of Darkness. Classic.

7. bgii_2000

bgii_2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    Ditto.

I was watching The Cronicles of Narnia a month ago, the scene at the very en in which the (grown up) kids are hunting the white stag. When Peter, rode out of the woods I was like, "Woah, Lord Arthur?" But it turned out to be a different actor. I fully expected him to say, "Sword Boy!"

:D

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Not that we really need another DVD release of the movie, but I've always wanted them to release a copy of the version that Sci-fi Channel used to show- it was basicly the Director's Cut, but with "I'm the guy with the gun" and the S-Mart ending put back in.

"Klaatu! Barada! ...N... Necktie... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! Klaatu! Barada! Ni*coughcough*irem!....ok, then!"

"Hail to the king, baby."

"Groovy."

"Yo, she-bitch! Let's go!"

I like on the one commentary track where there's the one tracking scene of Ash giving orders as they prepare for battle (something like "tighten up the ropes! man the baracades! By god, let's give them a fight!") and how Raimi says, with that shot (where he's obviously being pulled along a cart off-camera for the effect) that, at this point, Ash is so full of himself, he's above walking. [face_laugh]

9. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    give me some sugar baby.

10. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I love that quote! It's probably one of my favourites from any film. Oh, and yes. Ladies into the AOD = Nice! [face_love]
    That's the original ending, isn't it? I don't have that version. I have the one where he sleeps too long! :D
    Too funny. I have that as my ringtone on my phone for whenever I get a txt - Confuses the hell out of my co-workers! :p

11. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    You found me beautiful once

Honey, you got real ugly

actually the ORIGINAL ending was the one that you have, where as the other one in the store was the one that made it into the final cut, I don't really like the potion ending, but they have said that if there is anopther sequel, that is the one they will base it off of.......

12. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Easily one of the best action/adventure fantasy movies ever made. Bruce Campbell owns the screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.