main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga This is Not Our Fate (post-ROTS, Barriss, Cody, Ahsoka, Ensemble, OC's) 12/17 Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by iceaffinity, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Another lovely epilogue, iceaffinity. Like Cody, I love the way Barriss planned this moment, because it shows how she is finally ready to take the initiative at times. It's been a long road Barriss has needed to walk, but I think she can finally soak in the sunshine at the end of the tunnel. :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Oh so sweet. I love how she let him feel her scars and they're finally content together in their own little way. Yay for hard-won romance! Beautiful.

3. iceaffinity

iceaffinity Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2010
    Valiowk - It's nice to finally reach some resolution between them, and to really have Barriss take that last step. [face_love]

Luna_Nightshade - It was so good to finally have them get to that point! [face_laugh]

[i]
    This is Not Our Fate
    [/i]

Epilogue 3. The Observations of Olwen

?Good.?

She blocked the blue lightsaber with her own pair, crossed in an X with his caught in between. She braced herself against the ground, pushing back against the force of his blow. She?d blocked, but he had far more upper body strength, and without augmenting her own strength with the Force, there was little chance of overcoming him. She twisted to the side and whipped around, wishing she was taller. Master Ventress taught her how to fight dirty; it was necessary. If she just had a few more inches, she?d be in a good position to ram the hilt of her lightsaber into his temple and take him down.

Unfortunately, in spite of a recent growth spurt, she just wasn?t tall enough to land such a blow on a grown man.

The fact he was a Jedi Master didn?t really help either.

At the last second, Olwen managed to block another blow, and the man smiled, relaxing, and stepped back, signaling the end of the bout as he flicked off his lightsaber. ?You seem to understand the intermediate forms of Soresu and Makashi quite well,? he told her.

Olwen tried not to appear to be catching her breath too obviously. Sparring with him was different from sparring with Master Ventress, but he was just as fast, and incorporated several different forms into his strikes and stances, many of which she couldn?t even identify. It made for a very different kind of match than she was accustomed to. Olwen extinguished her blades and bowed politely.

?Thank you, Master Kenobi.?

He smiled down at her. ?The suns are nearly down, but it?ll be a few more hours before it?s really cool. Rest for now, and drink some water.?

Olwen nodded and turned to walk over towards the series of boulders where Master Ventress was sitting, a small cooler beside her containing drinks. As Olwen approached, Ventress stood. She did not smile, but she tilted her head, lifted a brow and said, simply, ?Better.?

Olwen didn?t smile either, but she swelled with pride. They?d only been on Tatooine for a day, but already she could tell Master Kenobi praised more easily than Master Ventress. Kind words from her were hard won and usually single, brief words. [i]Better. Adequate. Acceptable.[/i] Far more frequent were reprimanding words. [i]Too slow! You?re telegraphing! Clumsy! Focus![/i] She nodded once in acknowledgement. ?Thank you, Master.?

Ventress turned her attention away from her apprentice, and onto the man slowly following Olwen back towards their resting site, her face hardening. Olwen nearly winced. She knew that look. Her Master was irritated about something.

?You?re getting slow, Kenobi,? Ventress said flatly, reaching for the lightsabers at the small of her back.

?Am I?? he returned with amusement, seeming entirely unconcerned about Master Ventress? annoyance.

Ventress ignited her two red blades, and in the moment it took for her to cover the distance between them, Master Kenobi had his once again lit and ready to block the incoming attack.

Olwen clambered up onto one of the boulders, a cool drink in her hand as she watched the pair dance across the ground, their feet kicking up sand as they spun, red clashing against blue. She was not entirely sure what to make of this trip to Tatooine; she was pleased to meet another Jedi, of course, but her Master?s attitude towards the visit was somewhat peculiar. Saying she was [i]eager[/i] was far too strong a word; [i]apprehensive[/i] far too negative. Perhaps [i]anticipatory[/i] was the best term. Master Ventress looked forward to little, but this visit seemed to be something she was strangely hopeful about.

Master Ventress could be very confusing. Olwen watched them move, and every minute or two, they would ratchet up their techniques and speed, trying to match, then outdo the other.

They were blindin

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Wow, I missed a couple of posts. And I definitely need to read Said the Joker to the Thief again now, I forgot about Alderaan's destruction being covered.

Ventress and Olwen: it's hard not to wonder where this is going to go, particularly with the catch-22: if Olwen caves to anger to fight the Empire, she becomes its agent. I really like the Ventress/Obi-Wan dynamic here as well.

Barriss and Cody... [face_love] . Finally. Loved this part:

If it wasn?t obvious to him before, what she was initiating, it was now. Kissing Barriss was usually accompanied only by light caresses. She was always so wary. Pulling away clothes would be akin to physically shedding defenses, leaving her even more exposed; she would only permit such a thing if she completely trusted him.

If she loved him.

The ache that welled up in his chest almost made him want to cry. Instead, he returned his face to her neck, kissing her again and feeling her take in a sharp breath as her fingers dug into his shoulders. He told her, quietly, if happily, ?Just makes you more unique.?

Well said, Cody.

Great posts. :)

5. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    And now we get a glimpse of what happens a few years on. Everyone is essentially the same - although a little wiser - it's nice to see that they have stuck to their beliefs. It's been a long road for all of them, and it's nice that there's finally a period of some peace. :)

6. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Love Obi-Wan and Asajj's interactions, particularly the comment about Asajj "never" making mistakes. Olwen is sweet, too--I love how confident shie is that she will do well. And that last line is a fantastic ending image. Great additional epilogue!

7. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    That's pretty hypocritical of Obi-wan. Ventress is responsible for the deaths of 1000's of Jedi with Dooku, but that's okay? And he never knew her but couldn't forgive Anakin? Why not?

8. iceaffinity

May 23, 2010
    anakinfan: Alderaan's destruction is covered in the epilogue to 'Joker'. At that point, I hadn't decided to write a huge trilogy, so I wanted to touch on it there. In regards to Ventress and Olwen...the idea is for Ventress to teach Olwen control. It's an ongoing struggle, but one Ventress, at this point in the story, is more or less succeeding with. And [face_love] Barriss and Cody!

Valiowk: Everyone's moving forward. We're almost to the halfway point between ROTS and ANH here.

Luna_Nightshade: Thanks! And we all know Ventress has made plenty of mistakes....

NelanisGhost: I'm not quite sure what you mean, at least in regard to Anakin. At this point in the story, Ventress has spent the last eight years or so fighting the Empire and essentially trying to redeem herself for past crimes. Obi-Wan is trying to help her stay on that path. Is it perfect? No. But should he kill someone who's trying to do what's right, finally? :confused:

[i]This is Not Our Fate[/i]

Epilogue 4. Old Friend

It was dark.

There was only a little light pressing in through her room?s single, grungy, half shuttered window, pulsing first red, then orange, from the flashing sign advertising the cantina across the street. It was quiet in the room, save for the thumping of music from the nearby bars and the occasional shriek from someone outside. She could feel the music through her bare feet, the decibels loud enough to send a low, steady thrum through the floorboards.

The one man she could honestly call a friend was gone; she felt him pass.

Silent, she sat on the edge of her bed, long fingers curling around its? corners and into the shabby blanket that covered it. The expression on her face was hard; it was neither a glare, nor a grimace, nor a scowl, but still such an intensely severe expression that would, had they seen it, send even the bravest men scurrying to get out of her way.

She didn?t sense the second presence in the room - not at first, so slowly and silently did it coalesce and take form. What alerted her to a change was the steady, cool brightness flowing across her pale feet and pooling on the floor as it seeped steadily into every corner and crevice of the little room.

Her brows twitched downward in thought, and she lifted her eyes. They met those of another.

Asajj Ventress said, coldly and flatly, [i]?How??[/i]

The lambent, cerulean light seemed to pulse a little around the near-translucent figure of Obi-Wan Kenobi. He smiled. ?A great deal of studying, actually.?

Ventress? face darkened into a more recognizable scowl. He looked much as he did when she last saw him; his traditional Jedi robes seemed to fit in well on Tatooine, all earthy hues and light fabric making the heat more bearable. His lightsaber hung off his belt, though the last streaks of ginger in his beard were finally gone, leaving him white haired and looking far older than she wanted to consider him. And now he was dead, though perhaps not quite gone. That Kenobi somehow found a way to ramble around the galaxy as a ghost didn?t surprise her. He was Obi-Wan.

And if he were more corporeal she?d consider smacking him for letting himself get killed. Fool.

?I told you,? she ground out with a glare, ?holing up in a cave for years would dull your pathetic Force-senses.?

He returned her words with a mild smile, eyes crinkling up around the corners with amusement. Her scowl deepened in return. Ventress released the blanket she was gripping and balled her fists, her hands twitching towards the lightsabers sheathed at the small of her back. [i]?Who??[/i]

Kenobi tilted his head to the side and regarded her for a moment in silence, and that silence confirmed her suspicion. Even out of practice, there were few capable of taking down a Master such as Kenobi.

She hissed the word. [i]?Vader.?[/i]

Kenobi sighed and closed his eyes. ?Yes.?

It began deep in her chest, the black hole of her rage. It began sucking at the tenuous control she exercised over her emotions, collapsing her will and her desire to control it an

9. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    I've got to ask, but who of their group is dead now? Roo Roo's mom obviously, but who else?

10. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    I'm glad Asajj was able not to feel too much grief and anger at Obi-Wan's death. There was certainly grief and anger at the beginning, but it went away with Obi-Wan's counselling, and I think that's a good thing, because Obi-Wan did go into the Force willingly. It's good that Asajj understands, in her own way.

As for Epilogue 5, I'm also curious as to who else in the group is dead. Cody's name is strangely missing from the list of those who were with Roo at the Return, and I wonder if that means anything... [face_worried]

11. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Beautiful, Asajj and Obi-Wan's final meeting together, and how Asajj cared so deeply for Obi-Wan and showed it in her typically violent way. I loved their interaction. The aftermath of Alderaan with Barriss and Roo was also very sad and makes me really, really want to know what happened... another story, please? Pretty please? I think we love these characters too much to not whine and complain if you don't. :D Beautiful epilogues.

12. iceaffinity

May 23, 2010
    whateveritis12: Roo-Roo's mother Nura and Waxer were both on Alderaan. Most of the younglings you meet in the story were off world, though, since they'd all be pretty well grown up by ANH and off being active in the Rebellion. There were probably a few new children found in the ten years between the last chapter of 'Fate' and ANH as well, and they were probably on world, so some of the casualties are unnamed in the fic.

Valiowk: Cody and Barriss weren't in that first epilogue in 'Joker' because 1) I hadn't decided what to do with Cody yet and 2) I hadn't decided to bring Barriss in to the story at all yet! But they're alive. And as for Ventress...she has, more or less, got a handle on her anger issues by this point. And Obi-Wan is just so calming....[face_love]

Luna_Nightshade: Aw, thank you. [face_blush] I'm afraid this is the end of this story, though...well, there's one more epilogue after today's.

[i]
    This is Not Our Fate[/i]

Epilogue 6. Those Who Mourn the Wicked

The sound of feet pounding on the floor caught their attention.

Neaera burst out of the main corridor and onto the metal stairwell leading down into the Drake?s loading bay, the drumming of her feet turning from dull thuds into a metallic clatter. She grabbed at the railings on either side of the stairs, getting down three before she froze, each foot on two different steps. She was breathing hard, almost gasping, her body leaning forward and her lekku swinging over her shoulders to twitch mid-air as she trembled. Her hazel eyes were enormous in her face. She took a deep gulp of air and cried out, ?He?s [i]dead![/i]?

Ahsoka went rigid, and she did not need to look over at Rex to see that he, too, had gone very still.

For a moment, she did not breathe; then Neaera made a choking noise, a gasp, and then, with almost painful slowness, her eyes began to light, and her mouth began to move upward into an awestruck smile. Then, again, she cried, ?He?s dead! The Emperor is [i]dead![/i]?

For several seconds, Ahsoka went numb, and that numbness was rapidly followed by the onset of a sudden wave of dizziness. Rex?s hand clamping onto her arm steadied her, and his intent gaze drew her back to reality. She shivered, turning slowly back to Neaera, who was now grinning almost madly, waiting.

She and Rex moved forward together. They began slowly, almost dazedly, but each step became faster, more frantic, more hurried. By the time they reached the stairs, they were clamoring forward, and Rex slipped aside to allow Ahsoka to go up the stairs first, running after Neaera, who had turned and was now rushing back towards the front of the ship with her lekku streaming behind her. They raced through the corridor, rushing through the living areas of the ship to reach the small bridge, the three of them piling in one after another.

Neaera had left the communications array on, and it was still blasting out decoded Rebel transmissions from the battle still underway. ?I?ve narrowed it down to one channel,? Neaera said as she slid into a seat and began fiddling with the controls to decrease static, Rex and Ahsoka looming behind her. ?We?re close enough to pick up quite a bit, but a lot of it?s just ship to ship traffic. I just caught this coming in from the fleet back to us.?

The three of them cast a brief glance out at the gleaming yellow world visible beyond their windows ? Sullust. A remnant of the Rebel fleet still lingered here, primarily medical frigates prepared to take on returning wounded, or jump to Endor if necessary to provide more immediate assistance. The grey-white ships glided silently through space, pale and small before the black sky and the golden planet.

A man?s voice was coming through the channel, speaking so fast he was almost babbling: [i]??confirmed, repeat, confirmed. Emperor?s presence was [b]confirmed[/b] on the Death Star at time of destruction and is presumed dead!?[/i]

Neaera spun around in the pilot?s chair, beaming a tremulous, overjoyed smile. Ahsoka placed a hand against the chair?s back and wavere

13. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Oh, that was so beautiful. Ahsoka's reaction to hearing about Vader's death was powerful and moving, and exactly how I had "hoped" she'd react, in that she still remembered and loved Anakin. I also love how they called him "General Skywalker" together. Just awesome. I really hope that the last epilogue is the meeting of everyone... and that perhaps Ahsoka will explain her reaction to Naeara sometime. So wonderful. I'll be sad for the last update, but looking forward to it.

14. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Like Luna said, that was absolutely beautiful, iceaffinity! @};- I'm glad that there were people who remembered and mourned Anakin - Anakin, not Vader. A timely reminder that the true cause of celebration is the achievement of freedom, not the death of those who took one's freedom.

I love these paragraphs. [face_love] I think a lot of people look back upon their lives and feel the same way - not yet old, but neither young; not an easy life, but all in all, not a bad one - and it's nice to know that there's still a lot more to live for. :)

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Sorry I'm behind on commenting. That was beautiful. I choked up seeing Ahsoka's and Rex's reaction to Anakin's death. And I say that since we the audience know that it was Anakin who died. And yes, Rex, he was a good man.

Of course those poor younglings having no idea who Anakin had been or what had happened, or why anyone would mourn Vader.

I'm glad Ahsoka and Rex, and Barriss and Cody, survived Alderaan; I was worried about that.

I loved the Obi-Wan and Ventress scenes too, him appearing to her as a ghost and telling her what happened, after she felt him pass.

Well done. [face_love] Will we see Ahsoka with Luke and Leia as adults? I think she and Han would get along pretty well. :p

16. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    This was excellent, iceaffinity. It really makes Anakin's tragedy even greater in some ways that it was in the Old Trilogy. It was bad enough for Luke to lose a father he never really knew save in stories, but Ahsoka and Rex knew Anakin personally, fought alongside him, learned from him and considered him their friend ... even after all the horrible things he had done as Vader. I kind of hope that if Obi-Wan could visit Ventress, Anakin can visit Ahsoka ... though that might open a whole can of other dramatic worms entirely. Thank you for posting this, iceaffinity. :)

17. iceaffinity

May 23, 2010
    Luna_Nightshade: Thank you. In spite of the twenty years of Vader, I think Ahsoka - and Rex - would still mostly think of him as Anakin. I can't imagine them being anything but sad. Afraid I'll have to disappoint in regards to having everyone meet...but hopefully you'll still like what I have. [face_love]

Valiowk: As I said above to Luna, I can't imagine Ahsoka and Rex being anything but sad at his death. No matter how much time he spent as Vader, they knew him as Anakin first.

anakinfan: Yes, Ahsoka, Rex, Barriss and Cody all survived Alderaan. On one hand, it seems odd for so many to survive, but at the same time, as the Rebellion grew and the younglings grew up, they all moved on. So I'm hoping it's plausible. Obi-Wan and Ventress are entirely too much fun to write. Hmm, and Ahsoka with Leia and Luke as adults? ...maybe. :p

darth_treyvah: [face_blush] Thanks. Now that I think of it, Ahsoka and Rex would be the only ones alive who still remember Anakin, not Vader. And Anakin was a friend.

[i]This is Not Our Fate[/i]

Epilogue 7. They Are a Changing

The noise was so soft, she almost didn?t hear it.

It was a deliberate noise, a soft scuffle instead of a clearing of the throat, and just enough to gently draw her attention from the pile of flimsiwork drifting over her desk in white mounds. Her brows drew together, puckering, and her lips twitched downward. If it was important enough to interrupt her, whoever it was should have said so directly, rather than hovering in irritating silence.

Leia lifted her eyes.

It wasn?t one of her assistants, nor was it anyone who looked remotely like a dignitary. If anything, the woman looked like a freighter pilot, and though Leia knew not to underestimate the abilities of smugglers, she wasn?t sure why one would randomly appear in her office, entirely unannounced and unescorted. The woman was a petite Togruta, with a pair of impressive striped montrals adorning the top of her head, her face framed by an equally impressive looking headdress of triangular, serrated teeth. She had a blaster pistol at her hip, and wore a long brown duster coat, which hung loosely around her as though it were a size too big. There was a patch on one shoulder that looked new, unfaded like the rest of her clothing, as though it were a recent addition; a red, winged star insignia that once represented the old Republic. Her arms were folded across her chest, and she was admiring the landscape of Alderaan hanging from the wall, casually.

She said, almost absently, ?You shouldn?t be too upset with your attendants. They were actually pretty hard to convince.? She paused for a minute, drawing her fingers horizontally through the air, then tilted her head to the side so that Leia could see more than her profile. Her eyes, lightly lined, were an almost startling shade of sky blue. ?Hi,? she said, and smiled.

Leia?s eyes narrowed, and she stood from her seat, though remained behind her desk. ?Who are you and what are you doing in here??

The woman?s smile broadened, and she chuckled once before returning her attention to the landscape. Her face sobered, and the smile faded. Her hands unfolded from across her chest to hang at her sides. ?I?m an old friend, and I?m here to keep an old promise you probably have forgotten about.? Her face grew somewhat more pained as she stared up at the painting. It was a scene of the mountains beyond Aldera, the sun turning the land a mix of lavender and orange and scarlet, the city at the base of the mountains? base cast in shadow, but lit up with little lights from the buildings set there. Leia chose it because it reminded her of the view from the palace, now gone. ?You probably don?t remember me,? the Togruta continued quietly. ?But I once promised I?d tell you all about the exciting world of shipping delicate imports and exports.?

A smile worked its? way onto her face again, but it faltered until she turned away from the painting. It grew steady, and became gentle rather than sad. ?You?ve grown up,? she

Kahara likes this.
  18. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    This final epilogue is exquisite, iceaffinity. @};- After all that each of the characters has been through, they are finally at peace with their surroundings. Life may have put them on a very different path than they thought they would take, but the new direction their lives will take is also a good, meaningful path. I love the way the changes in Ahsoka exemplify this acceptance of this new path - we've seen Ahsoka mature, grow stronger, mellow - and hopefully one day, each of us will have the wisdom and strength that she shows!

Thank you so much for sharing this trilogy with us! It has given me much joy for the past year! :)

Kahara and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  19. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    I love this final epilogue, and how Ahsoka tells Leia of her real past, of the way things really were, without actually saying much. You captured Leia's stubborn personality in this well, too. Though I love your OCs so much that I would have liked to see them again, and again, I do like this way of finishing things up. It was beautiful, like the rest of your story. I really really enjoyed it, and I really hope that you'll write more--either of these OCs, or others.

Kahara likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I loved the ending. I know the EU has explored Leia's difficulty in forgiving Vader; I'm glad you incorporated that here, and had Ahsoka visit to tell her who Anakin Skywalker really was. Some closure for both of them I think.

Ahsoka was looking at her, contemplatively. ?He wasn?t always as you knew him,? she offered quietly.

Her brother. Luke was alive because Vader protected him. She couldn?t forgive him for everything else. One act of righteousness at the bitter end did not undo all the crimes he committed during his life; but in this one thing ? just this one thing ? she could find a little softness. Luke was still alive because of him. ?Luke believed there was still good in him. He told me Vader said he was right. Luke is still alive because of it.?

Ahsoka?s eyes suddenly had tears in them, and she turned away so that Leia could not see. She said, after a moment, ?That is good.?

Leia?s voice was harsh. ?He was my father.?

Ahsoka?s voice was quiet. ?I know. He was my friend.?

I always mourn Anakin Skywalker with the characters who loved him. I do so here as well.

I have really enjoyed this series. I love your descriptions; descriptions are something I struggle with and yours are always so vivid that I feel like I'm in the setting. I know you've mentioned that you like secondary characters; I like the way you've given them all so much life.

Excellent work on this series, it's deserved the awards that it has received and I was proud to vote for it. I hope you'll keep writing Star Wars fan fiction, and good luck finishing graduate school. :)

Kahara likes this.
  21. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Re-read this series (the untruncated version on Fanfiction.net), ending with This Is Not Our Fate, about a month ago and I've been trying to get myself to sit down and do at least a fraction of the review it deserves. I am just as amazed by this fanfic as I was when first reading it several years ago. =D= All the emotional moments are rendered so well, both the terrible and the wonderful ones.

Your version of Ahsoka is one of my favorite interpretations of the character, and I really appreciate her bravery and compassion even more on revisiting this fic after a while. :ahsoka: She may not see herself as the one to rebuild the Jedi, but she was absolutely the person that this little band of clones and Force-sensitives needed to bring them together and keep them safe through the long war. Her relationship with Rex is adorable and it's so wonderful to see them so sure of each other by this point in the series. (The Alderaan wedding was indeed a little wistful in that they couldn't make it public, but everyone who cares about them was there and that was so lovely. @};-) I'm so happy that she has this special bond with Leia, even if Leia doesn't quite remember her when they reconnect -- at first. Just that she was there, right from the beginning, and she's still there to check in on Leia as she's establishing the New Republic; it seems so right for these two who might have been sisters in another life.

Barriss -- oh, where to start? I think maybe this was all written before what happened with her character in TCW, but it seems even more poignant now to see this sliding-doors version of who she could have been. If only. :( Anyway, I absolutely loved the journey that your version of her goes through in this fic. It's no easy thing for her to learn to trust the clones after all that happened -- even though they're not the same ones who tried to kill her on Felucia, it's not that simple as you show very well. And the extremely slow build of her relationship with Cody feels really believable -- even remembering a little of how this ends, I was still in suspense every time they were in the same room.

And this version of Cody is really likable; he's another that I don't know well from canon, but for him to have survived and had the chance to turn things around is really an interesting road to take. I can see why he resents himself for having tried to stay and un-corrupt the Empire from within, and also why he felt like he had to try. It's really difficult for him and the others to see what used to be their family turned into tools of murder and tyranny. His slow adaptation to life outside of all that is done really well, and the growing discontentment with not having someone to share his life with made a lot of sense. With so many of his circle paired off, that wondering what-if would tend to set in. And I can just imagine how difficult it would be to realize that the person he did have feelings for was Barriss -- a relationship that at first seemed pretty impossible.

Anyway, I'm leaving out so much -- I got drawn into the OC/clone pairings that you created. Behri and Fives, and Suisen and Echo became really dear to me. And so did your cast of OC Force-sensitive kids (and Roo-Roo [face_dancing]); Maera and Rithron's stories were both heartbreaking and Olwen's sensing in Ventress a kindred spirit was a very intriguing plotline as well. (And Ventress, this was a really cool version of her -- still the same in some ways, but so changed in her sense of perspective.)

Last edited: May 16, 2020