main
side
curve

Chic, IL This is The End

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Le_Penguin, Jan 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, after a glorious six-month stay in the now-legendary Hall E, Star Wars: The Magic of Myth will be moving on to warmer pastures (Texas, of all places) after this weekend. Thanks to everyone who came by and made it the success that it was, especially you punks who came from out of town. I'd like to give an extra special thanks to the Midwest gArrison and crew who helped make SW:MOM's Chicago debut the best since its initial Smithsonian opening.

I'd like to say that I'm reluctant to see it go, but to tell the truth, I'm very excited about the next few weeks. I'm not tired of the exhibit at all, but after pretty much daily walk-throughs (more like stroll-throughs, of course), I've absorbed as much about the exhibit as a person probably can. But starting Monday, I get to go back into the cases with the people from SITES to work on the de-installation.

Mmmmmm... de-installation....

Sorry, I got lost there for a second.
    Anyway, it's going to be about 18-24 months before SW:MOM finds its way back into the Midwest (coming to Ohio sometime in late ought-two, I believe) so anyone who has a free morning or afternoon over the next four days should get their little (or big) fanboy (or girl) tails down here and indulge themselves at least one last time...

... just try not to get any on the glass, ok?

-Le Penguin
    "Have you been up all night eating cheese!?"

2. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey Penguin.....how's the "securing those really cool lights at the entrance thing for all the members of CF you really like" thing going???

And why the hell don't you like me? You do like me, right? Please say you do. OH PLEASE!!!!!

3. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Well, unless some miracle happens and I can make it this weekend, (which I expect will be exceedingly busy) I have missed my chance to see the exhibit at the Field, and will have to make a trek to Houston this year. And we don't have any friends who happen to live in Houston, so no free place to spend the night. Damn!

On the other hand, due to the fact that I've never been in the special SW gift shop, I probably have a much larger balance in my bank account than might have been the case otherwise. Why is it that this does not seem like much of a consolation?

4. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    That reminds me, does anyone have a pickup or SUV with a lot of space that they wouldn't mind driving into the city late next week sometime? I need to move all that panelling out of here, and it's not going to fit on the train methinks. I can't pay anything, of course, but I can offer some sort of related compensation.

-Le Penguin
    "...and it was free!"

5. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Some sort of......related compensation???

Feel free to insert your comments here :)

6. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah, like if you help Penguin, he won't shove a blue footed boobie up your arse!

7. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Actually, I prefer Great Auks, Harpy Eagles, and if I'm really feelin' ornery-- Wandering Albatrosses. 11 1/2-foot wingspan, baby.

-Le Penguin
    " 'Course you don't get wafers with it!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.