main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph This is Us - NBC's hit drama series (Spoilers for this season, including finale)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juliet316 , Mar 15, 2017.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    So has anybody here been watching this show? What did you think of this season?

And do you think they'll kill off Jack next season.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I love this show, despite how depressing and dramatic it can get.

I didn't think the season finale was going to end that way, considering promos and the episodes suggested something different and therefore I was kind of disappointed.

Well, I thought they would show Jack's death on the season finale with the drinking driving thing, but the guilt felt by Kate saying she was the caused of his death.

The show always throws a curve ball like the Jack and Rebecca having blind dates, just not with each other.

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I'm missing this like candy (ayyyy yay ay).

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Mandy Moore does really well on this show, and he singing ability does play a small part of the show.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I love this show. I discovered and binge watched it on Hulu a couple of weeks ago when I was sick, got completely caught up, and now I'm really looking forward to seasons 2 and 3.

I was not entirely surprised or disappointed by the season finale given that I read this in an interview:

Mandy Moore said we would not find out for awhile how Jack dies. I think they are going to drag that out at least another season and keep giving hints. And Milo Ventimiglia also said that Jack's death would not be what we expect.

I did have one problem with the season finale: needs more Randall. He and Beth are a lot of the reason I watch the show, although I also like Kate and Toby, and Jack. Kevin and Rebecca are thankfully becoming more likable.

And William. :_| "The one who is there at the beginning and the one who is there at the end."

I want to see those poems he wrote for Randall. I hate that his role was so short lived.

Beth's "LOL you want to do WUT" look when Randall said he wanted to adopt a baby was priceless. I guess that will be explored next season.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I love the Star Wars analogy used in the last episode where the "Pearsons" were the core group of characters on the inside that knew all the dark secrets and everyone else was Chewbacca.

The last episode was one of the more emotional and revealing episode.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    S2 E11 The Fifth Wheel
    I love this show. The Star Wars reference was great, and Miguel's answer to Toby was perfect. Toby's comment to Beth was also great. Such a great show that even the B story was super strong this week.

I lost it when Rebecca finally broke down in front of the therapist. She is the bad guy compared to Jack and she's handling it very well.

8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i started watching in the summer when they began replaying episodes, but then they stopped after about 10. but i watch this season

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I've been watching this season and I watched Season 1. I love this show!

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Oh man, the episode really set up and built up to the Beckah moment. I mean, there was a lot of tension and mean spirit airing out of dirty laundry, as Randal's speak before hand was just crushing Kevin's perspective.

And Star Wars reference gave me a different perspective on the intergalactic war.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I’ve got about three episodes to catch up on. I really haven’t been able to stand Kevin this season so I haven’t made an effort to watch since that episode when he was an ass to Sophie and an ass to the college football recruiter. I’d normally have some sympathy for a person struggling with addiction but I can’t muster any for him.

I know the subsequent Randall episode is supposed to be good though.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I hated that the show was making Kevin an addict and watching him fall apart and hurting Sophie, but that's the foundation for the latest episode and it really pays off well in so many ways as it peels back the layers of the characters and exposes them to be very vulnerable.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    There is a reason why Sterling K. Brown (Randall) won the Golden Globe Sunday.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The show could always be summed up as “needs more Randall.”

mavjade , dp4m and Juliet316 like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Crock Pot. ****ing Crock Pot. :_|

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    NBC is officially making Superbowl Sunday the most depressing Superbowl Sunday ever.

And it's all George's fault!

17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    3/4 people's fault -
    Crock Pot (George) + Smoke Alarm no batteries (Rebecca and Jack) + speculation: Jack running back into the house to save the dog (Kate)

18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Nope, I’m blaming George. If he had listened to his wife and tossed that junk, Jack and Rebecca would have been forced to buy their own crockpot instead of holding on to a faulty one.

Sure the smoke alarm is bad, but maybe that would have been fixed before such a fire occurred. And yeah, the dog is clearly how Jack dies. Though-I wonder if Kate is the one that goes back and Jack rescues them both.

I was going to blame Jack for the towel, but the crockpot literally sparks and catches fire. It wasn’t just that it heated up the towel. Therefore, George is guilty of the involuntary arson of the Pearson Home and involuntary manslaughter of Jack Pearson.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Makes sense with the Patriots and Eagles being there already makes it depressing. (Unless your a Patriots or Eagles fan)

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I did finally watch the episode with the Star Wars references.

Beth is my favorite character in the show, with Randall being a very close second, almost tied. As such I laughed out loud when day-drinking Beth says “So we’re Chewbacca?” before throwing that dart.

I initially thought Jack went in after the dog after Kate asked or begged, but now that you mention it, he probably does go back in for both of them...apparently successfully, since Kate and the dog were already seen at Miguel’s house later that night.

Milo Ventimiglia said a couple of weeks ago that no one had guessed yet so I wonder if there will still be a curveball thrown.

Saw this last night:

Miguel—“I’m the most hated character on This Is Us.”

George: “Hold my Crock Pot.”

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    This Is Us is such a beautifully written show, that the fans of the show can't wait to see one of their favorite characters die. I was happy to see the show also get the SAG Award for best TV ensemble, beating a show like Game of Thrones.

"Jake Tremblay" is so cute, that both my wife and I were so upset with Kate when she walked out him.

I'm kind of surprised the house went up in flames on the night of the Super Bowl, considering Kate loves watching football but can't have a dog. You'd think she hate football too. But I suppose she hates Crock Pots. Speaking of which:

Crock-Pot defends its slow cookers after This Is Us tragedy
    Man, was that an emotional moment with Sophie. Good for her, although it was heartbreaking.

Anyway, I was thinking Jack and Becka were going to be the first version of "Flip or Flop" and George's house was the one they were going to buy. What a twist.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I thought they were buying George’s house too.

I’ll admit that I haven’t looked at my Crock Pot the same way since that episode but I think the idea that “all Crock Pots are fire hazards and we need to get rid of them” is a bit extreme. Any appliance in which you have to “fiddle with the switch” is bad news.

Plus, of all forms of cooking, I would think a Crock Pot would be the safest, since it does cook on low heat. I’ve put dinner in the Crock Pot and left for work. I wouldn’t leave food cooking on the stove or oven and leave the house.

Not to get into a debate about that, more of a comment on my surprise that the Crock Pot was the choice the show made for the fire instigator.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  23. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Word!

Once Tobey appeared in the last episode, I was like "TOBEY!!!" like when the folks at the Cheers bar say "NORM!!" It was very noticeable that the previous episode was severely lacking in Tobey screen time. I was so happy that Kate brought home "Jake Tremblay." And it was pretty funny that Tobey was caught looking at puppies.

On another note, I didn't know Tobey was also Taserface in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 until a recent comic book convention that I attend and he appeared on the GotG V2 panel.

25. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    The puppy Kate picked out was adorable. I was so happy to learn she went back for the dog at the pound. I can't wait to see the next episode, at the same time I'm dreading the episode. I love Jack and I don't wish to see him die, and yet I think it's going to be a really great episode to see.