main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic This new colour cheme sucks.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by AT-ST_DRIVER, Jul 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
  2. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    I like it! It's great...and blue is my favorite color, so it's awesome! So :p !

3. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Yeah, it's ok.

4. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    :p you, tamber.

5. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    :p you. stupid fces.

6. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    :p this one had better work!

7. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Yayyyy!!! You finally did it, AT :D

8. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    yeah. and one of those had better work.

9. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    *applauds AT's perserverence in the face making process*

10. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    It was a long and hard battle, but you finally won, AT :)

11. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Well done AT!!

And I also like it, blue is my fav colour and I once had blue hair

12. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Sheesh, I go away for a little while and they change everything. I'm not permanently back yet, that might not be until next Monday. :_| I'm just nipping by while checking my email. I'm responding to PMs, if it's urgent.

AT-ST, you have to put a space before the code for a face. Otherwise the board doesn't read it properly. 8-} Sometimes the typed code works better, incidently.

EDIT: BTW, do you have Traitor yet? I'm going to try to decipher the bus routes to Chapters or Coles, and I was curious. Who wants to bet I have to send them digging through the back room? I could always threaten to set Kettch on them I guess...

13. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    yeah, i can make faces now. :) :S

DOY: yeah, i have Traitor. THE BOOK ROCKS. without a doubt the best NJO book to date. well, maybe Star By Star comes close. and don't bother with Ketch. Send out Piggy and the wraith squadron!

14. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Arg, I'm jealous! I got sick and now my dad refuses to take me until tomorrow. Wild Karrde is planning on getting it Saturday. So I'll beat him I hope. If I don't have it by then, I'm figuring out the bus schedule!

15. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Yeah, and he'll probably have it read by the end of the day too.

16. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    My dad's taking me to buy Traitor after my tennis lesson today. I got lucky, since he wants to read it almost as much as I do. :D almost...

17. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Oh I dunno about that.

He's pretty hell bent on getting that book.

18. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    i read it in less than an hour. simply put, TRAITOR ROCKS! it is an incredible book. especially *someone* who comes back to see Jacen. and Ganner... Ganner becomes a legend. a Yuuzhan Vong legend! and Jacen is incredible, too. :) it's definitely worth the read. even if yo're not into the NJO, or any EU at all.

19. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Ok, question...I want to start reading the Star Wars books...probably start before TPM...where should I start? What book?

20. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    I hope Derek doesn't read this thread, cuz then he'll see AT's post. And it'll only make him more mad cuz he hasn't read the book yet. Then I'll have to feel his wrath!!!

21. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    I have Traitor in my hand right now! I had to get it at Coles, can you believe Chapters is only selling it online? The opening sent shivers down my spine!

22. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Is this book the holy grail or something?

23. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    Ok, question...I want to start reading the Star Wars books...probably start before TPM...where should I start? What book?

hahahaha. so you've finally been seduced to the EU side of the force, eh? i would suggest starting with Timothy Zahn's trlogy it includes the books: Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising and The last Command. it takes place roughly 5 years after ROTJ.

Next, i would suggest reading KJA's trilogy about the jedi academy (godammit, the only book from that group that i can remember is Champions of the force), OR, for the good readers, work on the X-wing series by Aaron Allsto and Michael Stackpole. KJA's trilogy takes place roughly 9 years after ROTJ (i THINK). The Rogue/Wraith squadron books take place sometime between ROTJ and timothy zahn's trilogy (sorry, i have yet to read these books myself)

next, try the duology by Timothy Zahn. "Vision of the Future" & "Specter of the Past". it takes place close to 20 years after ROTJ (but i'm not sure, GOD i suck at dating the books. hey, that sounded weird)

now, you're ready to start the NEW JEDI ORDER! the NJO books goes as follows:
    Vector Prime
    Dark Tide 1 - Onslaught
    Dark Tide 2 - Ruin
    Agents of chaos one - i forget the name
    Agents of chaos 2 - i still forget it's name
    Balancepoint
    Edge of victory one - Conquest
    Edge of Victory two - Rebirth
    Star By Star (incredible book)
    Dark Journey
    Enemy lines 1 - Rebel Dream
    Enemy Lines 1 - Rebel Stand
    Traitor
    Destiny's Way (comes out in October)
    Force Herectic Trilogy (no idea when it comes out)
    "NJO #18 untitled Paperback"
    final NJO book: The Unifying Force

there are also numerous other good SW books out there. here's my list of other "must read" and when they take place.

Shadows of the Empire by Steve Perry - takes place between TESB & ROTJ

The Courtship of Princess Leia by Dave Wolverton - 4 years after ROTJ... i think.

Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter by Idunno Who - shortly before TPM

Cloak of Deception by James Luceno - shortly before Darth Maul: shadow hunter

Shatterpoint by MWS - not out yet, but it'll rock! it focuses on Mace Windu during the clone wars

Galaxy of Fear series - a kids series of books, but still pretty cool. focuses on Tash and Zak Arand and their uncle Hoole, a shapeshifter.

Junior Jedi Knights series - kids series of books.... kind of lame. focuses on Anakin Solo and Tahiri Veila at the jedi academy

Jedi Apprentice/Jedi Quest seiries - kids series of books. kinda lame. focuses on obi-wan and qui-gon.... then obi-wan and anakin skywalker

Young Jedi knights seires - young adult books. good to learn about Jacen and Jaina Solo, two of Han and Leia's kids. a must read.

A.C. Crispins Han Solo Trilogy - (i forget the actual names of the books) focuses on a young han solo and leads up to the events of ANH.

Tales of... series. includes:
    Tales of Jabba's palace
    Tales of the Mos Eisley Cantina
    Tales of the New Republic
    Tales of the Empire
    Tales of the Bounty Hunters
    these books are anthologies, collections of short stories. very cool.

Rogue Planet - another must read if you wanna learn abbout the NJO. it focuses on Obi-Wan and Anakin about two years after TPM

The Thrawn Trilogy - as stated above, a must read. includes: Heir of the Empire, Dark Force Rising and The LAst Command. these books were written in 1991 by timothy zahn and started up the whole Expanded univers. unless you wanna get technical. in that case, go find Ghengis.

The Crystal Star by Vonda Macintyre - a pathetic book. good for burning.

The New Rebellion by A. Nonymous - another pathetic book. Waru is just sad.

hope this helps, STD... STL. whatever.

24. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    You might have gotten STL but you'll never get me!

25. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001

I hope Derek doesn't read this thread, cuz then he'll see AT's post. And it'll only make him more mad cuz he hasn't read the book yet. Then I'll have to feel his wrath!!!

too late. :( he already PMed me about it, asking me not to spoil Traitor.

I have Traitor in my hand right now! I had to get it at Coles, can you believe Chapters is only selling it online? The opening sent shivers down my spine!

yeah, well, you haven't read ANYTHING yet. this book is INCREDIBLE. PM me to tell me what you think of it. we shouldn't discuss it openly 'cuz Derek doesn't wanna get spoiled. :)

Is this book the holy grail or something?

yeah. this is gonna be one of those Star Wars books that will go down in history.
    like the thrawn trilogy and Star By Star. also, i believe The Unifying Force will also be an incredible book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.