main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate This thread will trickle down (nationalism, fascism and right-wing ideologies)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dark Ferus, Jul 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    This is the place to talk about what we dislike (and in some cases, will want to defend) about right-wing beliefs.

I think most of us (I've been guilty of thinking different) agree that both mainstream US parties fall along the right wing of the political spectrum.
    The right as a whole seems to be based on hierarchy, whether racially orientented through fascism, Nazism or in the US, paleoconservatism (50's conservatism seems to be a simplified explanation) and imperialism (at the expense of other cultures/nations/political structures- neoconservative doctrines heavily emphasize the importance of spreading American values across the world) or class-oriented through capitalism (which liberalism and most American politicians seem to endorse).

What Mussolini has to say about fascism:
    https://sjsu.edu/faculty/wooda/2B-HUM/Readings/The-Doctrine-of-Fascism.pdf

This passage in particular, I find interesting
    "Fascism desires the State to be strong and organic, based on broad foundations of popular support. The Fascist State lays claim to rule in the economic field no less than in others; it makes its action felt throughout the length and breadth of the country by means of its corporative, social, and educational institutions, and all the political, economic, and spiritual forces of the nation, organized in their respective associations, circulate within the State."
    I take this to mean that like progressives and people further left, classical fascism rejects the free market and conservative "small government" to some extent. However, their hierarchy is based on race and extreme nationalism, as opposed to bourgeois vs. proletariat.
    This is not to say that capitalism is not right-wing either; free-market capitalism and fascism have the basis of hierarchy in common despite the often irreconcilable differences between the two.

This thread isn't necessarily meant to discuss what I've just brought up, but whatever you guys have to say about rightism as a whole.

Heels edit - 12/13/21: Thread locked at request of OP. Anyone who would like to continue the line of discussion is free to create a similar thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2021
    blackmyron and Iron_lord like this.
  2. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Rightism, I don't like it. All the door handles are always on the left, just so the right-handed people have an easier time. It's downright discriminatory.

3. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Wow - a right-wing thread at the JCC. Hmmmm......

Like both political sides, some things are good and some arent. The end.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    MasterP likes this.
  4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Hard-hitting analysis worthy of a Senate thread.

Rew, Juliet316 , Bilbo Fett and 11 others like this.
  5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The US politics thread and the The Senate sub forum in general is already about what we dislike about right wing politics.

Rew and Ghost like this.
  6. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Go easy on Ferus. We all want to post a Mussolini quote now and then.

7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    These usually go well. Let’s see if this lasts longer than the proud boys/ antifa one

8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    At the end of the day, I can't agree with right wing ideologies. Yes, there might be times where right wing ideologies spit out the same position as mine, but it's usually a coincidence or for the wrong reasons. This is because right wingism is inherently based on hierarchy and exploitation.

9. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    That wasn't a right wing thread. Purpose of that was a discussion of how to address them in coming to a middle ground.

Found out there can't be. So I abandoned the idea altogether. No point in any of it. There are things people will never see eye to eye on. Like people here don't agree with me, I don't with them.

I'm not writing about it anymore, best leave him be.
    [​IMG]

10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Look, no offense but the Proud Boys aren't patriots, they're fascists. If you're not able to see that well then... I dunno what to say.

Anyway, right-wing radicals are infinitely more dangerous than left-wing radicals because of the way they pervert and twist the idea of patriotism and religion. A lot of people are automatically inclined to think these are good things and therefore don't notice that the right-wingers are well, evil.

Juliet316 , mnjedi and Emperor Ferus like this.
  11. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    In the beginning, God created man and woman, made women the property of men, granted hierarchical power to ruling elites and made people with dark skin tones evil, corrupt and contemptibly inferior to people with lighter skin tones.

Conservatives wish to maintain this archaic and tyrannical power structure for the benefit of those who feel entitled to advantage whilst progressives wish to change it in accordance with more enlightened views on the basic equality of human beings and the origins of life.

Everything else is pretty much just window dressing and public relations.

12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    That may be true, but you have to ask why the window dressing exists to begin with. Conservatives wouldn't get very far without it. Progressives might be right about the root causes of our problems, all the billionaires and corporations mucking things up behind the scenes...but the average person doesn't see that. That's why I think Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren didn't gain nearly as much traction as they could have. If you want to defeat conservatism, you have to take apart the window dressing first.

Juliet316 and Emperor Ferus like this.
  13. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Of course not, you just wanted to find the 'middle ground' between the poor, misunderstood Proud Boys and the evil terrorist organization Antifa - peppered with Carlsonisms like asking "Hate speech? I mean, what is hate speech?"

14. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    The real trick is getting them to post upside down.

15. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Slightly more meta on this point, but the usage of fascist seems to have gotten far too watered down and generalized such that it no longer actually represents something particular. Which is tiresome.

Jedi Merkurian and Bacon164 like this.
  16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Hey! There were good people on both sides. Let’s just agree on that. [face_worried]

17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Hi Vin.

18. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    blackmyron likes this.
  19. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Or as the ladies like to call him - Yumberto

20. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    And some gents, I’m sure.

21. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    You kind of answered your own question in the second sentence. The window dressing exists because conservatives are generally squeamish about admitting that their core beliefs derive from the morality of the Middle Ages and so wouldn't get very far without it. Now it's dressed up as economic theory and political ideology and all of that great sounding stuff but at its core it is just a pure belief in the god given right to be a master race with women as chattels and everybody else being put to heel.

22. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    The world is a dimmer place without him, I feel.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  23. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    also bad as well

QUIGONMIKE likes this.
  24. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005

25. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Never understood how “trickle down” was thought as a good thing for the people on the bottom.

Sounds exactly what it is; piss.

Rew, Nobody145, Juliet316 and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.