main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga This Time Around [AU, time travel; Jaina, Kyp, A/P, Obi-Wan] A/N July 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    CHAPTER VIII
    Fight and Flight

It was a gravity shear that saved her. It forced them bobbing upward towards the ceiling and Grievous and his whirling sabers floated away from her. Breathing heavily in relief and shock at such a careless, close call, Jaina thrust her saber away from her as her body began to turn upside down. Quite suddenly, everything was upside down and Anakin was knocking gently against her as they floated peacefully around the bridge ? a break in the storm.

She and Anakin where staring at each other ? she was amazed how much Uncle Luke resembled his father. They had exactly the same eyes. As she thought about this comparison, Anakin?s quietly murmured, his voice filled with surprise and confusion, three words that made no sense to Jaina at all.

?You look like ??

His last word was lost in a storm of sound as they dropped and crashed heavily onto the floor ? Grievous? metal body went sprawling and one of his lightsaber cut through his arm, leaving him with three arms instead of four. As Jaina fell, she quickly deactivated her lightsaber to avoid any unpleasant self-inflicted wounds; Kyp slammed into the wall and slid down it, but was soon up on his feet and running towards Grievous, his crimson blade hissing. Anakin gracefully flipped around and landed upright on his feet and Obi-Wan tumbled down onto a console. A shaken and bruised Palpatine lay crumpled on the floor.

Grievous was back on his feet before any of them and was ready to meet the four sabers as the Jedi charged at him again. It became a circling game ? round and round they fought, each Jedi parrying a different arm each time; sabers flashed, spraying sparks into their faces, colours flowing brightly, encasing the duelling give in a warm cloak of green, blue, purple and red.

The circling became faster and faster until it seemed impossible that any of them would be able to strike their enemy. It would be the first person to tire and drop their guard for even a fraction of a second who would die. Unfortunately, that meant that Grievous had the advantage.

There was no time to talk or even think about anything else except the battle in front of them. As they circled, they hardly realized that they were moving closer and closer to Palpatine, who scrambled backwards to avoid them.

Jaina liked him where he was ? the closer they got to him, the closer they were to the Sith Lord? accidental death.

She had forgotten that Anakin was the one who had to kill Palpatine, that Palpatine would never suffer an ?accidental? death, that he was excellent at escaping his fate. All of that had been consumed by her battle with Grievous and her efforts to cause Palpatine?s death. A firestorm lived inside her, forever thumping her heart, making her attacks more ferocious, more violent?

Her saber came crashing down, slicing through the console next to which Palpatine was trying to hide. Her violet blade came within inches of her worst enemy. The most damage it did was spit sparks in his face and give her the briefest chance to look Palpatine in the eye ? his expression was blank, but under it she could sense a tinge of curiosity and a dark, deeper thought.

Whirling abruptly, her saber flashed into the chaos just in time to save Obi-Wan from losing one of his arms.

Out of the corner of her eye, Jaina saw Kyp breaking away from the rest of them. She saw him step back, contemplating the cable that Griveous was still attached to. She frowned as she glanced briefly at the cable and, as she parried another blow, saw in Kyp?s expression exactly what he was going to attempt.

Kyp acted quickly. There was a lightsaber lying on the floor next to the remains of one of Grievous? durasteel hands. Kyp called out to a lightsaber with the Force and it flew into his grasp. Igniting and locking the blade, he turned and hurled it with all his might at the crack in the transparisteel panel that Grievous had aimed his electrostaff at. The saber ploughed its way through the metal and the panel shattered.

2. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Woohoo, first post!

Great update, very nearly the way I remember it from the Original Version. I guess not everything can be different in the Special Edition. Although I think Grievous survived last time.

Good recovery by Jaina. By the way, is she your favorite character? You seem to use her a lot.

Now comes the dicey part--the Jedi Council.

I also wonder about the coming paradox: if Jaina and Kyp change history so that there won't be a Galactic Empire or Darth Vader, how will Han and Leia meet to produce Jacen and Jaina and Anakin?

3. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Ha ha, great job!! I love the whole scene with Jaina and Anakin... lurvely!

And yeah, I really liked the message PM. Very creative! ;)

- Serena Kenobi

4. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Just a little hypothetical here, but say Anakin does do his destiny and kills Palpatine, will he tell stories of a Jiana Solo to little Luke and Leia when they are kids, and will that come into play when Leia is naming her daughter? It's an unanswerable question, so don't ponder too much about it. Great Chapter though.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

5. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Lovely conversation between Jaina and Anakin over who is going to fly the ship in, I can't wait to see where his line of questioning takes them once they get settled. Great job!

6. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Whoa, Jaina! Remember Palpatine is a Sith lord, he reads minds. Keep ur shields up and don't tip ur hand!!! Only way u gonna ketchum is by surprise!

7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Your back!! whoops!
    Jaina's desire to fly the remains of the Invisable Hand was intrigng. Did she actttully think she could fly it?
    She shouldn't have mention that she has flown Vong ships like they'll know what those are! Poor Ani and Obi stuck with two people from the Future and one can't seem to keep her mouth shut and hates the Chacallor.
    "You look like-" What was Anakin going to say?

I have one thing to say. Since Jaina and Kyp are messing with time which can be very delicite they could accidently erase themselves doing thing or change cimcomstansas greatly.

8. Rosa-Belle

Rosa-Belle Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2007
    yey, you are back.
    With a great post.

Wonderful Jaina's and Anakin's conservation...she can only look like on person.

So really, without the empire..han and leia?, it's giong to ge complicated.

And the Council.

I really can't wait for the next chapter.

9. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

great post.

10. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    yay a post!!! :)

11. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    Loved the control issues that Jaina and Anakin have. It must run in the family. Excellent post and I loved your PM ;)

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Nice little bit with the PM, Idrelle. :) Loved the action of all four Jedi facing off against Grievous. Also liked how he met his end, too. ANakin and Jaina butting heads there over who would pilot the flaming wreck was priceless. [face_laugh]=D= And lovely last line by the little spitfire. :D

More, please!

13. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Awesome story

Please PM me when you update

EG

14. _sticks

_sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    great post, can i geat put on the pm list?

15. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I could see Anakin and JAina fighting over the controls sometimes they are too much alike.

Your pm was cute!

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    TigerofRobare: Great update, very nearly the way I remember it from the Original Version. I guess not everything can be different in the Special Edition. Although I think Grievous survived last time.

Actually, this isn?t really much of a special edition. More of a ?Idri wants to fix the narrative and make things look nicer? than ?Idri is giving the plot a make-over? thing. :p Grievous died exactly the same way in the original. :)

Good recovery by Jaina. By the way, is she your favorite character? You seem to use her a lot.

:eek:

Someone noticed!

Yeah, Jaina?s my favourite character. It?s kind of? noticeable, considering that I now have three WIPs where she?s a main character. :p

Now comes the dicey part--the Jedi Council.

Oooh, better watch out for that Jedi Council.

I also wonder about the coming paradox: if Jaina and Kyp change history so that there won't be a Galactic Empire or Darth Vader, how will Han and Leia meet to produce Jacen and Jaina and Anakin?

[face_whistling]

Not saying! :)

JediXManSerenaKenobi: Ha ha, great job!! I love the whole scene with Jaina and Anakin... lurvely!

Thanks! :D It was fun to write.

And yeah, I really liked the message PM. Very creative!

LOL! Thanks ? I?ll have to try something like that again some time. :p

Darth-Semians: Just a little hypothetical here, but say Anakin does do his destiny and kills Palpatine, will he tell stories of a Jiana Solo to little Luke and Leia when they are kids, and will that come into play when Leia is naming her daughter? It's an unanswerable question, so don't ponder too much about it.

Now, now, stop trying to fish for things I don?t want to reveal. [face_shame_on_you]

[face_batting]

Trust me, I?ve considered that possibility before you mentioned it. You?ll just have to wait and see! :)

Great Chapter though.

Thanks! [:D]

FitJedi: Lovely conversation between Jaina and Anakin over who is going to fly the ship in, I can't wait to see where his line of questioning takes them once they get settled.

I just had to put in the argument. It just has ?Solo-Skywalker Traits!? written all over it. :p

Great job!

Thanks!

ratna: Whoa, Jaina! Remember Palpatine is a Sith lord, he reads minds. Keep ur shields up and don't tip ur hand!!! Only way u gonna ketchum is by surprise!

Lalalalalala? [face_whistling]

Not saying anything more than that.

Lady_Misty: Jaina's desire to fly the remains of the Invisable Hand was intrigng. Did she actttully think she could fly it?

Yep. Well, she has flown Vong ships, so what about something else? :p

She shouldn't have mention that she has flown Vong ships like they'll know what those are!

She?ll learn not to make so many revealing mistakes? sort of. Let?s hope. *crosses fingers*

Poor Ani and Obi stuck with two people from the Future and one can't seem to keep her mouth shut and hates the Chacallor.

That?s a way to put it.

"You look like-" What was Anakin going to say?

I?m not saying! But think ? who could it possibly be?

I have one thing to say. Since Jaina and Kyp are messing with time which can be very delicite they could accidently erase themselves doing thing or change cimcomstansas greatly.

Oh, of course! They have to keep that in mind!

Rosa-Belle: Wonderful Jaina's and Anakin's conservation...she can only look like on person.

Of course. I know you all know who it is. :)

So really, without the empire..han and leia?, it's giong to ge complicated.

Very.

And the Council.

Double very.

Thanks for reading!

sdhfs: Thanks!

The_Slilent_One: Thanks for reading!

MarasFire: Loved the control issues that Jaina and Anakin have. It must run in the family.

Without a doubt. :p

Excellent post and I loved your PM

Thanks! [:D]

RK_Striker_JK_5:

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    CHAPTER IX
    The Coruscant of the Past

White fire-suppression foam poured down on what remained of the Invisible Hand. As soon as Jaina?s last comment had left her lips, the small group had wasted no time in finding a way out of the slowly-burning hulk.

Though the fast-paced battle with Grievous was over and they were out of enemy territory, Jaina was still nervous. She had no idea and no training of how to cope with it. Nothing in her twenty-two years had prepared her for this. As she, the Jedi and Chancellor Palpatine made their way through the burnt halls, the solid, unrelenting truth of the matter that had been so easily dismissed by the adrenaline of battle came crashing back down on her.

She shuddered inwardly at the reality of it. Here she was, stuck in another time, with the three people who were legends in her own time -- in her past. She was suddenly no longer Jaina Solo, squadron leader and Jedi Knight of the New Republic. She was swept up in the movements of time and for all she new, her and Kyp?s presence here could very well keep the New Republic from ever forming.

If that wasn?t disconcerting enough, even more alarming was the fact that her biological grandfather was around the same age as her. The unnaturalness of it unnerved her. It was the calm presence of Kyp that kept Jaina from becoming completely disorientated by such a surreal event.

He was her one attachment to a past that would no longer exist. Whatever they did here would ultimately change the course of what the Galaxy had become in her past. The presence and support of one of her friends would keep that now-impossible past from disappearing.

Time travel, Jaina decided, was something that she would never care to experience again. It wasn?t the immediate side effects that were the problem, but the way that the notion played tricks on one?s mind. It was a concept that was too immense for her to entirely comprehend.

She then realized just how possible it was to be born in one age and die in the one that came before.

Jaina choked on that thought and stopped walking. She clutched at the wall with one hand, her thoughts whirling ? never before had she considered something other than tactics with such detail. It was entirely baffling and it was making her sick.

Jaina?s problem was that she had known about the possibilities time travel could catapult one into. She had never paused to consider what the reality of experiencing it would do to her. To discuss the possibilities and theories of time travel was one thing, but to actually do it? it was something else. It was something enormous to tackle once one lived in a different time.

The Jedi and Palpatine continued through the wreckage until they came to the closest escape pod hatch. As soon as it opened, emergency crews swarmed through, helping them climb out and on to the hard pavement of the platform that Anakin had brought the ruined ship down on.

Jaina shivered when she saw them. The soldiers that had climbed through the hatch as part of the rescue team as well as the ones on the platform were wearing heavy armour and helmets that concealed their faces entirely.

Stormtroopers.

But? if she remembered her history, they couldn?t be stormtroopers. The stormtroopers had come with the Empire, and that obviously wasn?t here yet because Obi-Wan was not an outcast Jedi.

She noticed how the armoured soldiers were all the same height, walked in exactly the same fashion? They were identical in every way, except for the different colour combinations on their helmets.

A thought popped into her head that matched with her history lesson ? clones.

The Clone Wars.

The troopers were clones.

She swallowed hard.

Jaina forced any time travel thoughts out of her head and looked around. The sun was beaming down on the pavement, washing the area with light. Palpatine was leaning on Anakin?s shoulder, looking a little worse for wear. He gave the distinct impression of a frail politician who was completely shock

18. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Have fun! I look forward to the next update!

19. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Music camp, cool! Is that why ur always[face_whistling]?

LOL, have fun. Don't leave us hanging TOO long!!

20. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Excellent post!!

Love the question and answer session.

Ooh it's gonna get interesting.

Thanks for the PM

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Have fun at music camp, Idrelle. :) [:D]

Loved Jaina's realization at the time travel. LOL. Not many SW characters go through that little jaunt. Although if she and Kyp told the Jedi the truth... it might help them out a lot more than hiding behind some alibi. *Shrugs* Ah, well. That would end the fic too quickly, and I don't want that. :)

Yes, get to work, you two! And awesome update.

22. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    This was fantastic! =D= Time travel really is a strange thing... if Jaina changes history at all, she won't remember exactly what she changed since that would become part of her past. But then again, shes the one changing it so... yeah. I'll let you figure that one out.

This was not a good sign ? not even with two lightsabers hacking at the bond between Anakin and Palpatine was it going to dissolve; they were going to need extra help.

I really liked that line. I wonder how they'll convince Anakin that Palpatine is evil. They can't just come out and say, "Hey! He's the Sith Lord you're looking for!" ....or could they? [face_thinking]

I love this story so much! [face_love]

23. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Oy. There's never a TARDIS around when you need one.

Great update. I take it ol' Mace is getting suspicious of Palpy.

Have fun at music camp. I live close to Killington, so during the summer I get to enjoy the Killington Music Festival. Ever hear of it?

24. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Woo Hoo...place me on the PM list please!!!

25. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Good to see that Jaina is noticing how devious and evil Palpy is, I do hope they succeed in their plan to change events from happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.