main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Thoughts/General Discussion: Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Zannah, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Samuel Vimes

Samuel Vimes Force Ghost star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    About AotC, if we accept Padme's plan as wanting to capture the assassin, let's ignore how risky and stupid it is for the moment. Then we have Padme doing things that work counter to her own goal.
    1. She turns off the cameras.
    2. She has no cameras pointed at the window or outside said window.
    3. R2 is in the room but isn't watching the window and is "asleep".
    So what she does is undermining what she wants. Plus she is placing herself at even greater risk.
    It would be like in ANH, that instead of sending 30 fighters, the rebels send just 3. We see that they have more fighters and pilots but they don't use them for unknown reasons. Would that not look kind of stupid?

Her plan makes no sense based on what she knows. The first attempt was a bomb so the assassin never came close. Why would the assassin do so now? Long range weapons are a thing in SW as are flying cars. The assassin need not come anywhere near the flat. And did not.

But if we go with her plan, then have some cameras there and/or have R2 monitor the window. Once they spot the droid, they spring into action. There, makes much better sense.
    Now you might argue "But this way the scene is not tense." Having the characters behave stupidly just to make the scene tense is poor writing. It would be if some people push against a door that says "Pull" on it, while horror music plays and they scream "We're trapped!" Not very tense, more likely laughable.

As for being subtle, gas is subtle. And not putting a self-destruct in the droid in a goal of being "subtle" is not that bright. Instead, if you really want the bugs, have this, "Her room will have sensors that detect weapons, explosives and gas. So we must use a biological weapon." There, done.

As for ANH, trying to disable the tracking device, Leia does not have a lot of time nor equipment. She is alone with some people that she does not know very well. Plus she does not have that much time.
    If they spend a lot of time looking for that device and let's say they find it. Tarkin will know that his gamble failed and he will then destroy another planet to make the rebels surrender.
    If the rebels gets the plans, find a weakness, then they must also locate the DS. In that regard, having the DS come to them makes sense.
    If the DS is out there somewhere then they would have to wait for the DS to blow up another planet and then hope they can get there before the DS moves. Are the rebels cold enough to accept the destruction of another 2-3 planets while they wait for the chance to strike at the DS?
    Leia, as compared with Padme, is under much greater stress, has far fewer options and the stakes are much higher.

Lastly, you say that the scene is to set up the chase scene, my point exactly. The film has to have a chase so why bother spending time to set up the chase properly and instead just do the minimum needed and let's have some action.
    To me, the same thing happened later in the film, the droid factory scene. Padme has a stated goal of trying to negotiate the release of Obi-Wan. Given that goal, the sensible method would be to hail Geonosis, ask to land and speak with the leadership. She does not, instead she lands in a random location and goes out to poke around. Did she think that they could sneak around until they stumbled across the leaders on the planet? Makes no sense but the film needed an action scene so again, little work is done to set it up.

You forget the passage of time. When Obi-Wan and Anakin arrived, it was still day. When Padme is sleeping, it is night. So several hours passed which means we did not see all that happened.
    And again, the film has Padme turn off the cameras and gives the reason as she did not like Anakin looking. See more below.

But again, if she would never have those cameras on not matter who was looking, she would have them removed as they would never be used.

Ask Lucas, he is the one who wrote her turning the cameras off and gave the reason as she did not like Anakin looking. And next day she tells Anakin to not look at her that way as it makes her uncomfortable.
    So Lucas wrote Padme as reacting to Anakin's stares in a not that positive way.
    And now do you understand why I find the characters to be stupid from time to time?

Is your argument that the Empire would send the DS AND the fleet?
    If so, why?
    Tarkin and Vader wanted to do this themselves and Tarkin was overconfident and underestimated the rebels. So they would not have called in the fleet at that point.
    Afterwards?
    The film ends soon after the DS destruction so we do not have much time to show the Empire sending a fleet there. I know some EU have the rebels starting the evacuation, stopping just for the ceremony and then continuing. Ignoring that, ESB showed the rebels on a different world so clearly the empire came after them.
    Based on ANH alone, the fleet could not keep order by itself and with the senate disbanded and their new terror weapon destroyed, the Empire will likely have a lot of unrest to deal with.
    ANH taken alone sort of implies that the destruction of the DS would be a major blow against the empire and one they might not be able to walk away from.

Bye for now.
    The Guarding Dark

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  2. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014
    It is stupid. Obi-Wan agrees that it's stupid. The film isn't trying to convince the viewer it's some foolproof plan that is beyond reproach. But, to play devil's advocate, one could argue that she turns off the cameras to make herself seem more vulnerable. A deliberate ploy to draw her attacker in. R2 is "asleep" and yet he wakes up to examine the room once he detects a threat. He does go back into "sleep mode" once he determines there isn't one, but he isn't completely useless. And perhaps Anakin also convinced her that since he's a Jedi and can "sense everything that's going on in there" she could afford to appear as vulnerable as possible. I get that you have issues with not just this sequence, but the entire film, so nothing I say or anyone says is going to make you retroactively like it; I just don't think it breaks the film or is really worth the postmortem.

Maybe the droid is expensive and Zam didn't have the money to afford a new one? Heck, droids are proven to be capable of having emotion in these films, so maybe they had an emotional bond and that's why there was no self-destruction? This is just silly, honestly. It's a Saturday Matinee serial dressed up with modern effects. That doesn't shield it from criticism, but I feel focusing on the logistics of a sequence like this really misses the point of the film/the genre.

There's nothing in the film to indicate any of this. Leia has plenty of time to do a sweep over the MF. The film lazily lets her off the hook with Han's objection, but it's insanely reckless of them not to try to locate the device. The line should be excised entirely, and the DS tracking them down should catch them off-guard. The way it plays out now it makes Leia and company appear braindead or insanely cavalier for putting the Rebels in mortal danger. If a vulnerability couldn't be found then the Rebel Alliance is dead in the water. Why not put R2 in an escape pod and send a message to the Alliance indicating where R2 is located and continue leading the Death Star on a wild goose chase, while the Alliance examines the plans looking for a weakness? If Tarkin was going to go on some genocidal planet killing spree - which by all indications wasn't the case "Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station" to me indicates it being more of a deterrent - there's nothing they could do any way. By making themselves a direct target they're imperiling not only their own fate, but the fate of the entire galaxy. It's a dumb and unnecessary risk that only is taken because the film needs a dramatic finish.

It's not about being cold. It's about pragmatism. The RA is no good to the galaxy dead. So if they're unable to find a weakness they can exploit and get annihilated the DS will continue destroying worlds any way. So yes, either wait for other worlds to be destroyed or bring the fight to a world that's unpopulated and trick the Empire into thinking that's their point of operations and strike. There are so many options that don't put them and their cause in direct harm.

Subtext Mining and Watcherwithin like this.
  3. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I wouldn't know, as RLM only ever managed to hold my attention for about five minutes if that. I will say that this poster's dedication to discussing the PT is impressive. At the end of the day relatively few fans stick around for the long haul. I mean I still like SW (especially I-VI), but I lost the energy for these intricate, blow by blow debates years and years ago.

Doompup likes this.
  4. Mindless Monster

Dec 4, 2014
    Same for me for the most part, but sometimes I get that itch lol.

ezekiel22x likes this.
  5. Samuel Vimes

Sep 4, 2012
    It isn't about it being foolproof but it has to have some sort of logic behind it, some sort of reasoning.
    But it falls apart with the slightest effort.
    That this is a ploy to make herself seem vulnerable, that assumes that the droid or what ever the assassin uses will be aware that the cameras are off. How would that work? Jango and Zam never mentions that and how could they possibly know that Padme would be so creeped out by Anakin that she turns off the cameras.
    R2 is totally useless, he isn't watching the window, which would be the most obvious way any attack would come and he fails to notice the bugs or the droid at the window.

The plan makes no sense on both sides.
    Zam and Jango would know where Padme lives and which room is hers, fine, no issue here.
    Would they not think that Padme might not sleep in her own room due to the recent attempt at her life?
    That would be logical.
    Would they not think that her security would be stepped up, like cameras for ex? Again logical.
    But we get nothing, they just send a droid with killer bugs, nothing about any cameras or sensors or that Padme might not be in her room.
    Same with Padme's side, she sleeps in a room with big windows so those are the most obvious way that an assassin would use and yet no care is taken about that. That the assassin could shoot at her room with a rocket, crash a flying car through her window etc. Nothing.
    And the issue would be easy to work around. Zam is a shapeshifter, granted she wasn't when filming and Lucas just made her one in post and did not think it through.
    But use that, Zam kills one of the guards and infiltrates Padme's house. She is able to get info where Padme is sleeping, a room with no windows and so she sets the bugs off in the ventilation shaft. Anakin is able to sense them, kills them and they figure that someone is in the building. They run through, Zam tries to leave, gets spotted, kills another guard, steals a flying car and they follow. Now we have the chase.

The first attempt, that worked. Zam hit the ship Padme would be travelling in. Padme took the precaution of being in another ship. She used a decoy.
    Come to think of it, would Zam and Jango not think Padme would do so again? That is a method she is known for using.

And get that you don't see the problems I see and there is nothing I can say that would make you like the film less.

Funny how you accuse me of being silly while arguing that Zam is so poor and cares so much of her droid that she would not do the obvious and have it self-destruct.
    And what does Zam do when the droid comes back with an unwanted passenger? She destroys it.
    So evidently she did not care that much about it.
    Part of the reason why I take part in these discussion is that I have so many times been told that the writing in the PT is so smart, so very intelligent. That the PT films are far above the crude mainstream blockbusters, the mindless action films for the hoi polloi.

No, Leia is under a time crunch. By now word about Alderaan has spread and the rest of the rebels would fear her dead along with her father and Alderaan and the plans with her.
    The film says as much;
    So they would have no hope.
    Meaning they could fall apart. Which was part of the point of the DS, make systems so fearful of destruction that they comply. So support of the RA could falter so she has to show that she is alive and have the plans before that happens.
    And it could happen, RO shows something like that.

Did the MF have any other escape pods? She has already put R2 in one of them, it seems risky to do so again. Plus Leia has to pay Han, if not he could get impatient and kick her out.
    Tarkin would quickly realize that the MF isn't going to the rebel base and take more direct action.
    And he has already shown he is willing to destroy a whole planet as nothing more than an object lesson.
    Leia has seen that. At first she tried bluster, that their iron grip would mean more systems rebelling, that did not work. Then she was shocked that Tarkin would threaten her home, counting on their lack of weapons as a shield. Then she gave Tarkin what he wanted, she lied, but Tarkin did not know that. And Tarkin blew up Alderaan anyway. He had gotten what he wanted and still killed billions.
    I think Leia would figure him not hesitating to blow up more planets if he thought it would serve his interest.
    So the threat to other planets would be a very real one.

If the rebels are unable to find a weakness in the DS then they are toast no matter what.
    Support will dry up and their cause is lost.
    Tricking the empire that some random world is their base. ANH showed what Tarkin did, he sent scout ships there first. So if they try that again, he could do the same and it would not work.

So again, Leia's actions could be questioned and it is not perfect but there is a logic there. I don't think the same applies in AotC, far more things will just have to be accepted with "Just go with it, turn your brain off."

Bye.
    Blackboard Monitor

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    You will never acknowledge the writing flaws in the Original Trilogy, will you? The only reason I rarely discuss the flaws in the Prequel Trilogy is that I'm too busy reacting to some of the other criticism that do not make sense to me.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    Mindless Monster likes this.
  7. Samuel Vimes

Sep 4, 2012
    I am getting more and more the sense that you don't actually read what I write and instead come up with strawmen.

Ex when I and others found Padme's lack of a reaction in AotC a problem, you complained that we wanted an "Ideal woman".

When I wrote,
    You twisted that into;
    When I wrote;
    You twisted that into;
    For your information, which I think it likely that you will ignore or twist around, issues with the OT that I have discussed;
    Repeat of another DS in RotJ. It makes some sense but also felt a bit repetitive.
    That Han is more afraid of Jabba than the Empire in ESB. He fears for his life, not seemingly considering that if the empire gets him, he will be as dead. Or that if all he wanted was to pay Jabba back, he could leave, pay Jabba and then come back to the rebels.
    Leia being the other, she has no reaction to the fact that if Vader is Lukes father and she is Lukes sister, the Vader is her father. Missed drama I felt. Also it is odd that Yoda and Obi-Wan are so cool with her dying in ESB when she is one of two "Last hopes".
    Obi-Wans "Certain point of view" bit never sat well with me, to me it sounded like he didn't want to admit that he lied.
    Passage of time in ESB, if the MF has no hyperdrive, going to another system will take years.
    Why did Yoda and Obi-wan wait three years to call Luke to them? He was hunted by the empire and if he was caught he would likely die.
    There are others but this is a thread about AotC.

In closing and to repeat what I've said many times, I can accept some narrative short cuts, some instances of convenient writing. But if a film or book overuses those then the story might feel contrived to me.
    Ex, in TPM that Qui-Gon picked the shop that Anakin happened to work in and also one that had the part they needed. Short cut but no issue to me. That republic money is useless and no means to exchange apparently exists, Watto just happens to be immune to the mind trick and Qui-Gon does not think of buying stuff from another trader, one that isn't Force immune, and trade that. Now the narrative short cuts begin to stack up and starts to get noticeable.

Bye.
    Blackboard Monitor

christophero30 likes this.
  8. dagenspear

dagenspear Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2015
    This is an assumption that Palpatine wants her dead. I think Zam doesn't use the bugs all on her own, that I remember, but is given them by Jango, who I'd suggest could be argued to have been given and/or told to use them by Dooku, who was given and/or told to give them to Jango by Palpatine. As is, if Padme wasn't pushed to leave after this situation, she never would've had Jar Jar represent her and Jar Jar wouldn't have been manipulated to vote for Palpatine to gain emergency powers. If I remember it correctly.

9. Samuel Vimes

Sep 4, 2012
    Not really an assumption. Palpatine, through Dooku, is putting together the seps and the TF are a key part of them. And Nute has made his condition to join the seps, that Padme is killed and Dooku put Jango on the job.
    Also, Padme is an obstacle to the army bill in the senate, remove her and the bill might pass.
    So Palpatine has two reason to want her dead.

Further, if Padme is killed then would not Jar jar be second in line? So IF Palpatine wanted Jar Jar in the senate, killing Padme might accomplish that.

The emergency powers vote only came up because of Obi-Wans report from Geonosis.
    For that to have been Palpatine's plan from the start, he would need to plan for;
    1. The first attempt against Padme fails.
    2. The second attempt also fails.
    3. Zam is caught by the Jedi.
    4. Jango is able to shoot her and he must use the dart.
    5. All info about the dart has been removed from the Jedi archives but Palpatine knows that Obi-Wan has someone that can ID it.
    6. Obi-Wan goes to Kamino and tries but fails to arrest Jango, Jango also fails to kill him but Obi-Wan is able to trace Jango to Geonosis.
    7. On Geonosis, on the whole planet, Obi-Wan just happens to overhear Dooku's plan for the seps to attack the Republic.
    8. Obi-Wan is able to send a message.

These are just some of the things that has to happen in order for Palpatine's plan to work. If any step fails, the plan falls apart. Say Jango gets away and Obi-Wan can't trace him, plan is now ruined.

No, I think that Jango wanted Padme dead as that is what Dooku wanted. Palpatine wanted her dead to appease Nute and move the army bill along.
    As he did in TPM, Palpatine was able to adapt his plans and make them move forward despite some setbacks.

Bye for now.
    Old Stoneface

10. dagenspear

dagenspear Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2015
    I didn't say it was all apart of Palpatine's plan. That doesn't necessarily mean he wanted Padme dead yet, at that point. I think either angle could work for his end goal.

I think the plan isn't ruined by Jango getting away, as a whole. Maybe delayed. But I wouldn't assume that Palpatine wouldn't go for a way to get to a similar end result.

11. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    First time they grandstand and hit the ship with a missile. Second time they decide to go more subtle. Apartment building is shielded against big attacks and security is up for intruders. Everyone underestimates droids, big theme in whole series. A laser hit or gas or explosion would notify security immediately. The slugs are quieter and won’t make any noise, she dies in her sleep, droid makes sure, quietly slips away to report back to Zam. How else would Zam know the mission succeeded?

R2 did mess up though. He can’t be perfect or he’d be a Mary Sue. :p Plan would have succeeded had it not been for those meddlesome Jedi and their “force”!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  12. Samuel Vimes

Sep 4, 2012
    What missile? The film shows no missile, Padme's ship lands, some people begin to walk out and then an explosion from inside the ship. So it looked like a bomb was on the ship. If the aim was for the ship to explode as a result of being hit by a missile then it failed at that.
    Why would Zam and Jango work hard to make Padme's death look like it was in her sleep?
    Her ship was blown up so that someone tried to kill her is obvious and there is no point trying to obscure her death as not being due to foul play. Also any tox-screen would turn up the poison plus the bite marks.
    Why would security matter if Padme is killed? Toss a gas grenade or bomb into the room, send a message that it has been done and then self-destruct. Simple.
    Jango said his client was getting impatient so speed was seemingly of the essence.

It would hardly take great intelligence to realize that the window is the weakest spot in Padme's room and a very likely place for an attack. But neither Padme, Anakin or Obi-Wan consider the idea to have cameras pointed at said window.

Bye for now.
    Blackboard Monitor

13. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    So, because "Attack of the Clones" had plot holes (although I don't agree with you on this particular one), we're expected to accept that it's a terrible movie? Mind you, I believe every Star Wars movie had plot holes. In fact, I can think of a lot of highly regarded films that had plot holes or flaws. For me, it depends upon the amount of plot holes and/or flaws in a movie. This is why I dislike the Sequel Trilogy movies and still liked the other Star Wars movies.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  14. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    It's not a plot hole, it's just kinda dumb.

15. Samuel Vimes

Sep 4, 2012
    1) Again with the strawmen. This is a general thread about AotC, where people can discuss things they like, dislike, things that they felt worked or things they felt didn't work. I am just sharing my opinion about some of the problems I think exist in the film. People are free to agree or disagree with me.
    2) This is not a plot hole. A Plot Hole is when a piece of the narrative is missing. This is more characters do things that make not much sense in order to move the plot along. If I am kind I could call it "Because Plot!" or Contrived Plot." If I am less kind I could use "Idiot Ball" or "Idiot Plot." Idiot Ball is when characters are acting stupidly in order to move the plot forward and they also act out of character. Idiot Plot, to quote Roger Ebert;
    3) There is a matter of degree and I have said as much. I can accept some narrative convenience, some amount of "Just go with it." But if a film does that too much then it can start to bother me.
    The PT films all did that as did TLJ and RoS. The latter two had the additional problem of not having any kind of plan or consistency.
    TLJ have Hux hold the Idiot Ball at the start and for most of the film. Most of the film has an Idiot Plot as the FO could destroy the Resistance with ease, just have some ships jump ahead and cut the resistance off. But then we would have no movie.

Bye.
    Blackboard Monitor

16. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    If you look hard enough, you can find some dumb things in every SW movie. AOTC is no exception.

17. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    It's not a plot hole and AOTC is not a terrible movie. It's just a movie which offers a lot of minor scenes to be dissected and thus proven it's a bad movie.

You know, there were many possible situations for Zam, Jango, Dooku, Nute Gunray or Palpatine to kill Padme in her bedroom. On the other hand, as written earlier, in ANH there was only one possible way for the Empire to destroy the Rebels. By sending the DS to Yavin, having it orbit the planet and thus giving the Rebels necessary time to destroy it. And although the Empire previously sent scout ships, and in TESB an entire fleet to Hoth, here they thought the Rebels won't study the stolen plans. And the Rebels were correct in thinking the Empire will send only the DS and not an entire fleet.

18. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    Maybe not strictly "dumb", but overly confident. They may have expected the Rebels to find out the DS's weakness eventually, but not in such a short time. Also, they didn't expect the relatively few Rebel fighters to get through the defense, cannons, TIEs etc. Even less did they expect someone to actually hit a target that small at such a high speed. They would have been right of course, if not for Luke and the Force.

19. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    So you agree, it's dumb.

20. Samuel Vimes

Sep 4, 2012
    Tell me, would it make sense for Tarkin, as he had been established in ANH, to;
    a) After having tracked the MF to the rebel base to go "You know, call the fleet and have them deal with the rebels, we have done our part."
    b) Be really scared and go "Oh those scary rebels, I don't know if the DS can handle this. Better have the fleet come along."

Tarkin, as established in ANH, is arrogant, overconfident and has a bit of an ego. And he isn't alone, another officer scoffed at the idea that the rebels could do anything against the DS, no matter what plans they had.
    This person also said "Dangerous to your star-fleet, Commander, not to this battle station."
    So why would they not send the thing they feel the rebels are powerless against and instead send the thing that the rebels are a danger to?

So that he would want to destroy the rebels himself makes sense based on his character.
    And by now Tarkin was more eager, Leia had played him the fool before and now he wanted revenge.
    So what the imperial do makes sense on their established characters. Jango and Zam are fooled by Padme with her decoy and for some reason don't think Padme would use another one.

Who said the imperial thought the rebels would not study the plans? Did the empire know of the weakness? That isn't established. Later in the battle, they are able to analyze the rebel attack and conclude there is a danger. But that they knew ahead of time isn't said.

To bring it back to Padme, why would she sleep in her room and why would those trying to kill her think so?
    Padme has been established as using decoys. But now she does not, so not consistent with her own character. If she did not like Anakin looking, sleep in another room, have a decoy sleep in her room and have the cameras on. And have Jango and Zam actually think of that, since she fooled them once already. So they get where she is sleeping, gets the bugs there and almost kill Padme because Anakin and Obi-Wan are focused on the decoy in her normal room. This time it is R2 that sounds the alarm as Padme put him in there.

Bye.
    Old Stoneface

21. Mindless Monster

Dec 4, 2014
    The bottom line is that if a film works for you plot contrivances simply won't matter at the end of the day or at least not to the extent where they ruin the entire experience. You as a fan will rationalize it until it works in your own personal head canon. I prefer the prequels. I have some issues with the execution of them, but the story is so immensely superior to the OT and the ST(in my eyes) that overly scrutinizing the methodology employed in attempting to assassinate Padme or her somewhat ill-conceived plan to capture her would-be assassin seems like a wasted exercise to me. I know it's a discussion forum and it's what we do, but the film works for me, so something that trivial in the overall scheme of things just doesn't rise to the level of requiring serious analysis. It doesn't contradict the OT. It doesn't redefine how we view the characters. It has really no impact on the films (as a whole) and is simply a means to start a chase sequence. That's it. You want to discuss whether Jango deliberately led the Jedi to Kamino or whether the Jedi should be willing to trust this clone army they just inherited under the shadiest of circumstances; I'm game, but this nitpicky nonsense is just that.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  22. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    Well, strategically that plan wasn't too smart, I agree. As someone else wrote, why not let Padmé sleep in an interior well-guarded windowless room? While maybe not the best of decisions Obi-Wan and Anakin ever made, that doesn't make AOTC a bad movie as such.

23. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Padme didn’t want her life disrupted.

24. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    So she'd rather wanted her life to END? I don't see how sleeping in a different bedroom for a few nights would "disrupt" anyone's life.[face_thinking]

Watcherwithin likes this.
  25. Doompup

Doompup Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2017
    If I remember, wasn’t it part of the plan (Anakin’s, or possibly his and Padme’s; I can’t remember if she knew) to use her as bait?

As for general thoughts about AotC, I feel it and RotS are very busy, ambitious movies. I think with just the material from those two, it would have been better split into three movies and given a bit more room to breathe.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021