main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Thoughts/General Discussion: Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Zannah, Nov 13, 2014.

1. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    No one is saying you're not allowed to enjoy it. I love tons of bad movies.

Scoffed-Gherkin likes this.
  2. dagenspear

dagenspear Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2015
    Who decides it's bad?

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  3. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Edit: never mind

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  4. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    I'd recommend you to not get into this anymore. You're getting trolled my friend.

darkspine10 and Subtext Mining like this.
  5. FightoftheForgotten

May 19, 2020
    The viewer does.

And if you think it's a good movie, you're free to voice that opinion as well. But you're going to have to learn that everyone is allowed to voice their opinion. If seeing people disagree with your views is something that irritates you then you're gonna have to work on that in your private life.

Dandelo and Scoffed-Gherkin like this.
  6. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Attack of the Clones is amazing. The worlds are some of the best: Kamino, Coruscant lower levels, Geonosis, Tuskan Camp Tatooine, and more.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  7. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    AOTC was always my favourite of the prequels when I was in my teens and I always shied away from admitting it online or around friends who were into the franchise.

Now I would probably say I enjoy ROTS more but Episode II does have a certain quality about it that I can never put my finger on.

It is badly written and cringe-worthy in some parts and I have no problem admitting that but imo you can still enjoy a film and appreciate that it’s a bad film at the same time heheh!

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

8. dagenspear

Sep 9, 2015
    Did I tell you not to voice your opinion?

Why assume irritation?

9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I saw AOTC when I was in my early teens and Padme/Portman became my crush and so I was invested in the romance.

10. FightoftheForgotten

May 19, 2020
    Does this line of questioning have an end goal? I'm not a fan of twenty questions. What are you getting at?

11. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014

THIS.

I love AOTC, it's my favourite SW movie, probably always will be, and I enjoy it flaws and all.

Key words: FLAWS AND ALL.

I am open to difference of opinion on any subject. And even agree with some points made that differ from my own.

Let's say I was in an art gallery and someone was looking at a Picasso painting and said it was total crap, and they did this kind of stuff in kindergarten. I'm not going to go up to them and go "you trolling right? you don't like it? heh, well then you must be"

Qui-Gon:
    you have to learn to tolerate his opinion, fighting won't change it.

12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I love this song:

Its my favorite SW theme, and I love the Emperor’s Dark Choir/ Sith Theme, The Jedi Theme, and The Imperial March.

For me it captures the optimism of romance, it feels innocent, and light hearted, you can feel the joy of the love story.

13. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    You know what, I used to think some of the CGI in AOTC was just hilariously bad, but props to them, it's aged better than a lot of early 2000s popcorn fare-level CGI. At worst, I have to concede they were working in a limited (if not nascent) medium, just like that 19th century French movie about the moon. But that movie gets praise for pushing the envelope, but critics act like AOTC was a mistake from the start.

14. FightoftheForgotten

May 19, 2020
    [​IMG]

Huttese 101 likes this.
  15. dagenspear

Sep 9, 2015
    I think I could suggest a similar question in your post, I think, suggesting I'm irritated and that I'm suggesting that you not voice your opinion.

16. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Totally. It's my favorite SW theme of the entire saga. For that alone AOTC gets extra points from me. And the way the theme is used in the finale, blending in from the "Imperial March", totally ingenious. Best ending of all SW movies to me btw., and not just musically, visually as well.

17. FightoftheForgotten

May 19, 2020
    The CGI Hayden riding on beasts are the only parts that really make me cringe. Everything else is pretty good. I actually think Yoda's mannerisms in AOTC match more closely to how he moves in the OT than ROTS does. There is a lot of cartoony physics in AOTC (and the PT in general) that I think stems from CGI interactions not being all that great back then.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    Huttese 101 likes this.
  18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Totally agree, the best ending of all SW films. Ending with might and hope; love and foreboding.

19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm doing a Boba Fett-centered rewatch ahead of the show, and started it the other day by watching AOTC for the first time in a couple of years, and was surprised and delighted by how much I enjoyed it. It was always my least favorite SW movie, and one that I never really loved as I love the other ones, but I had a blast watching it this time.
    There are still a few romance scenes where I cringe, but the rest is really good. And it has one of the strongest ending montages in the Saga.

20. Wu Wei Jedi

Wu Wei Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 8, 2021
    Obi-Wan vs Jango was awesome.

21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Its the best duel in the Prequels IMHO.

Wu Wei Jedi, Bee Bee and VaderBoyee like this.
  22. VaderBoyee

VaderBoyee Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2021
    I just saw the film again. I like it. I think it puts off fans because of its story-centered focus, rather than OT slambang. The fireside part is simply awful, but I like everything else.

23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    But Padme looks so sexy in that outfit by the fire side. :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  24. PadmeFan4Life

PadmeFan4Life Jedi Padawan

May 21, 2021
    This alongside metal bikini Leia is my favorite costume from the saga! The first time I watched this in theaters I was hoping Padme would wear this in action scenes as well

whostheBossk and Kato Sai like this.
  25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Its my fav too. Its also symbolic, she is wearing black as Anakin confesses his love for her, a love that will turn him into Vader who wears all black. It is also when he proposes a secret love, which will erode his Jedi Calling. So in a way Padme is wearing funeral garb.

ezekiel22x likes this.