main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Thrawn in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TtheForceHurts, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    So, only a very short appearance by Thrawn in the mid-season trailer.

And it looks like he has said his final good-byes to avoiding civilian casualties... unless the city is deserted at this point.

Really hope he stays on the Chimaera this time and does not get involved in the ground action. Does not look promising for the Imperials with Pryce captured.

We still have not had the clip with Tarkin warning Thrawn about project Stardust, so I wonder where that fits into the remaining episodes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It's very possible that he gets a direct order from The Emperor to raze the city. He's not someone you refuse - even if you're Thrawn.

especially considering Old Man Sheev could show up in the flesh on Lothal

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Snafu55 likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    if he does everyone is so screwed.

4. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Seems like Zahn got to read all the scripts in advance again, given that he's stated before that he'd like to see Rukh v Zeb. Lo and behold, in the trailer...

5. MissKitsune08

MissKitsune08 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2018
    I hope I'm not the only one thinking: "Kriff off with those omnipotent Force creatures/beings and give Thrawn his ysalamiri instead."

*I sense a disturbance in the script*

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Filoni confirmed that they will never appear.

7. MissKitsune08

MissKitsune08 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2018
    *sigh* I know...

8. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Filoni on Thrawn:

The oppression of Lothal and how the situation has worsened in the time since the premiere of Star Wars Rebelsis one example of how the Empire grabs a planet and squeezes it. Thrawn is focused on carrying out his assignment there. Filoni explained, “He’s found opportunity there that maybe he didn’t have otherwise. I would think that Thrawn is trying to do his duty to the greatest of his ability, and he definitely has his plans with the TIE defender and what he would like it to be, and the Imperial navy, and how he thinks that they could crush this Rebellion.”

Filoni continued, “Those items are still Thrawn’s main focus, but he’s been put into the Jedi kind of world. I think he sees the Jedi as a strategic problem where Palpatine sees them more as an outright enemy and a light that needs crushed. Thrawn, that’s kind of Thrawn’s strength in the whole thing, is he is able to, very calmly analyze things and proceed forward. He looks at loss as a learning experience, not necessarily a defeat, and that’s what makes him a particularly difficult villain.”

Rennzwerg likes this.
  9. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    And why do they keep ignoring the book, and the fact that Thrawn always try to avoid killing civilians, in order to make him look again like a one-dimensional cruel villain destroying a city and all its people "just because he's Imperial"...? can't they respect their OWN new canon for once? why do they want so badly to rewrite the character like this and contradict how he is in the book, to make him look like an evil monster?

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He might be under orders by Palpatine himself and he cannot ignore that.

11. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    It's the only valuable explanation I would accept, I guess, a direct order from Palpatine... because you don't hire Zahn to write a book (and more) about Thrawn if you don't want to respect anything that is in these books and no respect either about the personnality of the character written by its own creator.

Right now we have two really different characters, they almost look like the opposite of each other (and don't tell me it's Zahn's fault: it's his character and he did adapt his book to Rebels, but they don't care about adapting their series to respect the book) anyone saying they don't have to? YES they have to, now the book "Thrawn" is canon they have to respect their new canon. Not respecting Legends, I can understand. But not respecting their own new books (and there are not so many so it's even more obvious) is not acceptable.

Filoni team (season 3): he's an evil monster killing civilians! (so children do not have to think too much and clearly see him as a one-dimensional bad guy.)
    Zahn: (book) he didn't want that, it was Pryce, Thrawn doesn't like to kill civilians
    Filoni team (season 4): Noooo we want him to be cruel and bloodthirsty, let make a total contradiction and make him kill a lot of civilians!!
    Zahn: no he's not like that
    Filoni team: yes he is!
    Zahn: no
    Filoni team: yes

:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean sadly Filoni will trump Zahn on whatever he is doing.

13. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    So I don't want hear his in interviews pretending he respects Zahn's work and love Thrawn's personnality or whatever... he keeps saying that but how can we believe him anymore? when he disrespects the character like this and tries to rewrite it the way HE wants...

Hyrum_Solo likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Dave does not want to anger the fans. He knows where that goes.

15. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    We don't know the context of the scene.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Patience. We must have patience.

17. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    We literally have no idea what's going on with the character beyond one line used in context of a trailer trying to play up how desperate things are for the heroes and edited to show how everything is coming to an apocalyptic end, I'm not going to make any quick judgements based on that.

V-2 likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also trailers that try to heavily mislead people

V-2 likes this.
  19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I wonder if Thrawn will bow out before the end to let the main villain make his entrance and thus making sure he survives the series.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    How would he do that though. He can’t just be like well Sheev is here so I guess I am gone.

21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I wonder if Chiss are lightning retardant?

22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Well it seems like the final episodes will focus on the Force users plotline not unlike the end of season 2 and we know that Thrawn is way out of his league when it come to Force matters so he's probably going to let Sheev take over, even if he's not truly there. There's also the possibility of another fight against Hera while Ezra is dealing with the temptation of the darkside and the Sith magic thing.

23. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Going by the episode synopsis' that was leaked, I think it's likely that Ezra's storyline will deal with the Jedi Temple/Mortis stuff with Palpatine being the threat there, while the Imperial military is launching an offensive from the outside that the Ghost Crew and their various allies have to hold off. I'd imagine Thrawn is going to handle that side of things.