main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Ahsoka Grand Admiral Thrawn

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 27, 2020.

?

Will Thrawn show up in the Mandalorian?

1. Yes

82 vote(s)
    65.6%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    34.4%
  1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    If Filoni’d go to the effort of acknowledging Cobb Vanth and the books of Chuck Wendig, an author who seems to be on the outs with LFL and Disney, then I doubt he’d ignore the material of Tim Zahn, an author he really likes and who he gets on with. Plus he’s read at least the first canon Thrawn novel, so there’s that.

Now I don’t think that means he’d reroute the story he’s probably had in mind since Rebels, but I’m reasonably confident he’ll make some kind of acknowledgment to the new books.

2Cleva likes this.
  2. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I hope Timothy Zahn was invited on set for Thrawn's first scene being filmed.

clone commander bossk and DannyD like this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Zhan will be somewhat involved with Thrawn again as first live action appearance, they won't touch his backstory, maybe give some hints.

4. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    They probably would invite him to set, provided no Covid stuff gets in the way.

5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Palpatine has access to everything in the Jedi Temple's archives.

He has the padawan braid that was ripped off Ahsoka's head in The Wrong Jedi. That thing had been bouncing around on her montrals for years. Inevitably, at the microscopic level, her DNA was all over it.

Enter Ahsooka.

[​IMG]

Oh no!

DannyD and clone commander bossk like this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Palpatine also has access to sevral of Anakin's limbs and since Ahsoka being the main character, i could see her fighing an evil version of her former master.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I that would be awful. Please no evil clone Anakin/Ahsoka/Luke/whatever.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I mean Hayden could be in this so not out of impossibility, and it could be great, in original script for the heir of the empire it would be Kenobiin instead of Luke i think. Like go crazy with now that you might do an adaptation of the trilogy and the whole Palpatine stuff.

9. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    it's gonna be Baarriss clones, Starkiller style
    [​IMG]

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    What if it's just sam witwer as starkiller, cloned from some random jedi.

11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Zhan is definitely the most overrated of the Star Wars authors.

Wilhuff's Slippers likes this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Filoni and Favreau are self-proclaimed EU fans, especially the early EU stuff, so I'm not surprised they're reusing elements from it. If it is truly a reimagining of the Thrawn trilogy, it won't be a 100% adaption of course, plus it's a story that has already been told so there's no point in just adapting the books. We could see familiar locations, characters and similar story beats but also with new characters created in previous animated/live action series to keep it fresh and make us guessing what's going to happen. Will Thrawn die in this version? What will be the scope of the story? Will he attack the New Republic? etc.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I have a feeling Thrawn will live out his legends counterpart.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I never said it was impossible. I said it’s a terrible idea. There are far better ways to have Ahsoka confront the specter of her old master than her literally fighting his evil clone.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it fits if she meets her master as this evil force again before she sees him as force ghost.

16. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Tom Hiddleston would make a good young-bodied clone Palps before the effects of Dark Side methface / accelerated ageing or whatever kick in.

17. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Please. It's evil cloone.

But yeah...definitely "noo" not just "no".

18. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    And she's already confronted him.

Wilhuff's Slippers likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Better yet, nuuuuuoooooo.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    DannyD likes this.
  20. Wilhuff's Slippers

Wilhuff's Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2019
    I think we see hints throughout Rebels that Ezra has a penchant for the dark side/moral ambiguity.

I can see a situation where Sabine and Ashoka rush to Ezra’s rescue only for him to reject them.

21. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t think Thrawn poses more of ideological challenge to Ezra’s belief system than Palpatine, and he flatly rejected Palpatine even when he was offering Ezra his heart’s desire. Hell, we even saw Ezra tell Thrawn where to go in that same episode.

So this notion that Thrawn, someone who admits to being ignorant of the Force and possessing a moral viewpoint that disgusts Ezra, would somehow be able to sway Ezra into joining military junta with plans for galactic conquest....yeah, it doesn’t feel truthful to either character.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  22. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    It's Luke Skywalker conundrum all over again.
    Well, he rejected Palpatine in RotJ, how come he is a delusional, depressed hobo in TLJ? He rejected the ultimate temptation! He didn't kill his dad, who was literally space hitler!
    But then again, if you beat the Dark Side on Monday, it doesn't mean you are infallible and incorruptible for the rest of your life. As Lucas said, it's a constant struggle.
    Ezra could go a little dark for the greater good. When you think about it, he rejected personal temptations - "rescuing" Kanan and his parents. But he could consider some options for what he sees/was convinced to see as the greater good for the Galaxy, without exactly knowing it would corrupt him, or without knowing he is being subtly manipulated. Big threat in the Unknown Regions? Nu-Vong? Grysk, is it? Reluctant alliance to save the Galaxy, for the greater good? Warfare can change him. He will have seen things. Ezra is pretty green at the moment. He never experienced war. He doesn't know how it can change one's nature. Sure, Yoda told him, but he decided to go to Malachor anyway, and it led to a disaster. Did he understand the lesson? Maybe not. He rejected personal temptation, with Ahsoka's help the first time, as she went through the same process herself, and on his own the second time. But rejecting personal temptation is not the same as rejecting the temptation to save trillions. Eh, who knows.
    Ezra was gone for like a decade, wasn't he? Surely, something must have happened there. Surely, it affected him. He can't be space Aladdin from that cartoon show anymore. Like there aren't that many options for the story to go:
    1. Ezra is dead - not happening;
    2. Ezra is imprisoned, and he is an infallible Jedi, and 10 years of who knows what didn't affect him at all - not interesting;
    3. Ezra joined Thrawn for reasons - potentially interesting.
    I would definitely prefer option 3.

23. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    There's plenty of options for Ezra. He and Thrawn might have parted ways almost immediately. Maybe he's just travelling the Unknown Regions, helping various isolated communities against the fledgling First Order.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  24. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Even at his most disillusioned, Luke wasn’t actively helping his ideological enemy. He just ran away from the conflict and gave up fighting them.

With Ezra we’d go from seeing him denouncing the Empire and then actively helping them in the next story. That’s a logical and narrative leap that doesn’t make sense to me. And I think there are plenty of more interesting avenues to explore with the character rather than regression.

Riv_Shiel and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    That all depends on if we get the Filoni Thrawn or the Zahn Thrawn. Zahn's Thrawn has attempted to recruit adversaries for his "other life" before. Filoni's Thrawn is apparently cold blooded evil. But Filoni's Thrawn in Rebels is entirely contextualized as the Emperor's Grand Admiral. There's no Chiss backstory.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021