main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Ahsoka Grand Admiral Thrawn

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 27, 2020.

?

Will Thrawn show up in the Mandalorian?

1. Yes

82 vote(s)
    65.6%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    34.4%
  1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think you don't have to tease him agian but do like Boba Fett tease one seaon and the next he shows up in cameo scene. I don't think Ahsoka will come back this season but next season.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  2. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The Hollywood Reporter mentioned that Ahsoka's role in Mando would possibly act as a backdoor pilot for her own (presumably) live action spin off show back when news of her being in Mando first dropped. So I assume that the Thrawn stuff will be for that show.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think with Thrawn being this huge character, even more then Ahsoka is and with his legends story post ROTJ, i think Thrawn is the big bad with his empire remnants. I think this is the start of a new heir to the empire with Thrawn as the big bad and Gideon as this villain who is still a threath but not so mutch like Thrawn is. I also think there more we see of Gideon and later Thrawn the more we see of the new republic and maybe the goverment with Mon Mothma.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. If Thrawn is in play, he will span multiple series. He has the potential to be the Thanos of SWTV. Or, the Thrawnos.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    He is the new Palpatine in way.

Ezra is Thrawn's henchmen, lol:p

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That tweet is grand. The entire Star Wars franchise needs to end on the note of Ezra kissing Thrawn as he dies and then taking his last name.

BigAl6ft6, Shamear, Sauron_18 and 4 others like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    People don’t like how Zahn has taken thrawn

Shamear likes this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Oh really i always thought they loved how he made Thrawn more of a human character and some were not satified with him in rebels.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It would be an interesting relationship to be sure. Thrawn in his pragmatic ways might inadvertently tempt Ezra with the Dark Side. Thrawn doesn't understand the concept of balance and would try to force Ezra into using the force as a weapon, justifying it as necessary for their survival. And without his master,or his newfound family, Ezra could be more vulnerable to that temptation. It'd be funny if Thrawn accidentally turns Ezra while being ignorant of the force.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think that’s highly plausible. Though I also think that Thrawn, given that he’s alive and functioning as a “boss” during the Mandalorian, could also play a perhaps peripheral role in this show, as either a rival of Gideon, a superior of Gideon, or another force altogether (perhaps he launches a bid for the Chiss to fill the power vacuum, for example, or he tries to establish an Empire of his own on the foundations of his fleet). Lots of cool options during this time period.
    Agreed. Never liked Zahn’s simplistic take on things. His “Thrawn divines military strategy from art” stuff was always lame and unrealistic, and his new stuff is also unreadable. He’s also super-arrogant about the superiority of his mediocre writing skills.

my kind of scum likes this.
  11. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I can't remember if Thrawn was a big believer in Palpatine in Legends, but I would like to see him doing his own thing now that Palpatine seems to be dead in this period. Trying to take over Republic space for the Chiss. That would add a whole new dimension. He and Gideon could be enemies.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I agree I just hope that whatever happens they don’t just decide to **** all over his books. That’s not really fair for him even if I don’t think he’s the best writer ever.

13. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I think Favreau, Filoni and Zahn have been in cahoots since they first announced Thrawn would return to canon. Filoni undertook the task of reestablishing him as a villain while Zahn built up his backstory and character as a detective/anti hero. We're starting to see the culmination of it all. Now Favreau is reintroducing him as a shadow looming over everything in the post-OT era. Thrawn is going to come back in a big way, but I have a feeling it won't be seen in Mandalorian. The premise of this show is the adventure shared by Din Djarin and Grogu. All of these guest appearances are tertiary to the plot. First is the adventure. Second is Gideon's ambitions, which will lead Din and Grogu into conflict with him.

Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think he'll be more like book Thrawn then he was in rebels as i'm sure Filoni has had time toread them all even scripts for the next one. And Zahn can announce more books soon.

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    He’s better in Rebels. Less of a reliance on art as a foundation for military strategy.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Rebels Thrawn has good attitude to art and being evil but also honrable and regret alsmot killing all on Lothal as it was his emperor's command and he die if he refused. I think season 4 of Thrawn is agood balance of him.

17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Amen and thank heavens whatever his final fate is will most likely be in Filoni's hand and Zahn's.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think He's best as morally grey and does what he must even if that means he must work with a facist regime.

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s pretty morally evil though. You willingly work for fascists (without an ulterior motive to undermine them), and you lose any claim to “gray.”

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well yeah, he dosen't consider himself evil and chiss are known to be cold hearted in regards to other species. He believes he does this to save his world and the rest of the unknown regions. Someone a while ago called like a Jo Snow character, with only him knowing these threaths from beyond the regions.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Interesting thing I just realized. Mando takes place in 9ABY Thrawn in legends died in 9 ABY. Coincidence probably just something I found interesting

StardustSoldier likes this.
  22. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    He comes from an Aristocracy so it's not like he has any inclinations to pursue Democracy. Heck, an aristocracy is not far from fascism, the difference pretty much is not having the one dictator above the ruling class.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I know. Just stating where that places him on the moral spectrum. In my view.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It's funny his canon character might live longer then his legends one and get a better death, if he dies during this time.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    His death by his own assassin was pretty lame