main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Thrawn: Treason by Timothy Zahn Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    First, it's officially confirmed by Disney-Lucasfilm that the Skywalker saga will end with episode IX. There won't be a fourth saga trilogy, let alone a fifth. If there is a new saga with Rey, it wouldn't have those episode numbers.

Second, you're citing Mike Zeroh as a source. Don't you know that he has proven to be an attention-seeking fraud? He's not reliable in the slightest.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    My headcanon is that the Purgill and the entire Seventh Fleet got lost in hyperspace, fell into a black hole and were lost forever. But on the off chance that my headcanon is wrong, I don't think they'll let Ezra's story be continued in a non-TV medium. I expect Ezra's story to be left hanging for a while and be told in bits and pieces, as Ahsoka's was, after TCW ended.

3. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Yeah, I don't think we will see much, if any, Ezra in these books. I remember Zahn saying he was talking to Filoni about continuing the story. I think they'll probably have them split up to allow them both to continue with their own characters. I could see Ezra appearing briefly in a book to explain their separation and then have his story on tv. Or a Thrawn novel picks up after they separate. This makes sense because I can't see Filoni giving Ezra's story to someone else, but I also see Zahn wanting to finish with Thrawn and Thrawn is his character.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I don't... really know which thread to share this in. This one is tangentially related to Mara through the Zahn connection. So here you go.

Mara-ee Christmas.

5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...I can't help but picture that tweet more as the product of "Joker" Hamill than "Luke" Hamill.

6. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Yeah he would want this, because he'd get a hot red-head wife

JK. I love Mark Hamill

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Hamill is still smarting over the fact his only love interest in the Star Wars movies turned out to be his sister. I can see the appeal that Luke needs some on screen girlfriends for the poor guy.

8. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    You can make your headcanon come true...by ignoring anything that features their return.

9. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    After master and apprentice this is probably the story I’m looking forward to most, Although I am hoping it’s more like the first book Thrawn witch I enjoyed just a bit more then alliances.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  10. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    "more like the first book" in what way @PimpBacca ?

11. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    @DarthInternous
    I gusse I just enjoyed more of the Imperial politics and all the information about the Imperial fleet. Don’t get me wrong I’m screaming out for more prequel stories but in the first book if you weren’t follow Thrawn then you where following governor pryce In short the first book was just jam packed of things I wanted to know about.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  12. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I'm the opposite, but that's because I found the Thrawn &Vader/Anakin dynamic more interesting than the stuff with Vanto and Pryce. Don't get me wrong, I was intrigued by how well Zahn managed to humanise Pryce considering she's fairly one-note in Rebels, but I think the drama of Vader and Thrawn having to show vulnerability to team up worked for me a bit more.

But thats where the addition of Krennic makes this book all the more fascinating. Lot of Imperial politics and big personalities for Zahn to play with.

PimpBacca likes this.
  13. DarthInternous

Feb 7, 2017
    Well there certainly will be some Imperial politics at work in this book - if the synopsis didn't give that away.

PimpBacca likes this.
  14. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    I'm on the fence on these books. I really want to like them, but I just find them a slow read. I still haven't finished Thrawn Alliances. There's things I like in both books, but I feel it's too...safe? Idk how to explain it. I like Thrawn as much as the best guy, but I find these books not very exciting which I feel guilty that I can't enjoy them. That being said, the final one sounds interesting and I'll probably get it cause I'm a sucker for Star Wars.

15. DarthInternous

Feb 7, 2017
    There's no reason to feel guilty about not enjoying a book (or movie or comic or whatever) even if you feel like you should enjoy it. Sometimes that happens, even if we can't properly articulate why that's the case.

16. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    Does anyone know when / if there will be an excerpt from the book like with the previous two?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

17. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    There probably will be, but the book’s still a ways off yet.

18. DarthInternous

Feb 7, 2017
    Yes absolutely there will be. When? Not for a little while yet. Some other things to focus on first. And need to make sure the book is all squared away. Oh and I suppose we need to actually pick the excerpts. Thanks for reminding me @Rennzwerg

But yes. 100%

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Maybe something timed with Celebration? (Speaking of that - do you get to go, DI?)

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. DarthInternous

Feb 7, 2017
    Probably not until after. I'm sure it'll be discussed a bit at panels, but previews will come after that. When you have several books all coming out in sequence and close together, you always want to make sure to give them their own room to shine, even while overlapping.

(Yes, I will be present. Probably won't find me more than a few feet in any direction away from the DR booth. But I'll be around after hours to chat with people.)

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    In that case be sure to visit our Celebration forum. Quite a few discussions going on over there.

22. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    Yay, thanks DarthInternous. :)
    Something to look forward to.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Mandatory quota of this image every few pages required
    [​IMG]

24. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    The anagram of treason is senator, so Palpatine would be quite familiar with that, even before becoming Chancellor. :p

25. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Mindblown.gif