main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Throwing in the towel

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Sebulba2179, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    I would say don't write for the awards either. They seem to be a popularity contest for the most part. Write for yourself. I can't even say write for your readers because I find readers come and go. If they don't ask for a PM, most never come back. At least that is what I have seen. I write because I enjoy the challenge of doing something different. If I get readers great.
    I try to comment on most that I read, and I also try to read fics by new people. Since I am fairly new myself I think that is the best thing to do.

2. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    You have no idea how hard it is to write for yourself when you hate your own ideas. And characters, and situations, too. Call me insane and a masochist for that one. :oops:

But the whole notion of writing for yourself can be tricky. I guess it's part of those smaller twisted permutations of the creative process that no one will ever be able to properly explain. And I should shut up now, because I'm rambling. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.