main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BOARD Ticket to Ride

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jedi Daniel, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Yes. I very much liked it. It's pretty easy to grasp if you read the rules. I'm not sure what version I played, though.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  3. Scapro Tyler

Scapro Tyler Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    Played and own the original version. Very easy to play and grasp. Highly recommend.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  4. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Ticket to ride is great, I picked up the gameplay during the first play through.

I played the Europe version of the board game however I have the US version on my phone.

Playing on the phone is pretty quick due to the lack of game pieces.

Gameplay has a balance of completing your own routes and deliberately attempting to scupper the routes of your opponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  5. HighWiredSith

HighWiredSith Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2001
    This is my wife's favorite game, so I play it a lot. I currently own TTR, TTR Europe, and TTR Nordic Countries. Also own the 1910 Expansion and the Alvin and Dexter Monster Expansion - both highly recommended. I think the guys from Dice Tower said it best - Ticket to Ride is close to becoming the Monopoly of the 21st Century. It's slowly starting to make it into family collections alongside Monopoly, Clue, Life, etc. I've never seen TTR for sale at Wal-Mart, but feel it's making its way to the world largest on-site retailer's shelves is inevitable. One might argue the same about Settlers of Catan, also a great game, but not as easy to pick up or as endlessly strategic as TTR. So yes, I am a big fan.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  6. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Yes, I've played a lot of Ticket to Ride, both at our local games meetup and on the iPad. TTR's a good intro to Eurogaming - it involves just enough strategy to be interesting without overwhelming new players. I mostly play U.S. and Europe, but all the maps are good.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  7. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Picked up a brand new copy of the US version for $15 recently. It's a brilliant, well made game :)

Dark Lady Mara likes this.