main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Til human voices wake us: Journal of Leela Radian Kyp/OC Completed: 01.20.08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by iamobiwan1970, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    The Journal of Leela Radian
    TimeFrame: 33 ABY
    Characters: Dr. Leela Radian and you know who else will show soon! ;)
    Disclamers: Leela's been in my mind for a while. Her potential friend belongs to George. I have never posted anything WIP and that makes me nervous to make such a committment; so forgive me if I do not finish!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Journal of Leela Radian
    Chandrila 33 ABY

Dearest Journal! 12.31.32

My work here is never complete. But I have a few minutes to steal a moment with you, to tell you that I am still trying, really trying to get over him. Ugh! Isn?t that the point Leele, you took this job to move on, you promised yourself to go forward, to even try to maybe meet someone new. Are you trying?

Oh, that?s new?moving on?well, I made a promise this journal would not be about him, after all, I have seven other journals filled with my feelings about Davion. I guess it?s better to use this space to rant than my friends who must be tired of my moaning for five years. I hate what this war has brought to us, and I miss him. I?m writing this so I don?t drive everyone around me crazy! Let go! Sure, Davion, I?ll never forget you.

But Davion, this new journal can?t be about you. It?s a new year and I am going to do things better now. I am going to open myself to others?I promise??..

[first entry, torn out and tossed]

Dearest Journal! Happy New Year! 1.1.33

I have a new job here in the refugee camps on the north coast. My friends back at Hanna Medical Center think I have now fully lost my mind for taking what they consider a most difficult and non lucrative job among the war refugees. Honestly, this feels like one of the best choices I?ve made in a long time. I?ve been here only a few days, but already I can see where I am needed. There are so many beings here and so few of us to bring them medical care. I?m especially excited to know I can help the children. Too many of them are orphaned and in need of love. Even if we get them all back to their home planets or new ones, I don?t know how they will ever recover. But at least if I can make them healthy and show them kindness perhaps they will not loose hope.

My new co-workers at the camp were more than happy to have a new doctor. They have had staffing issues lately, I guess they just lost their camp director. Well, she quit due to governmental bureaucracy and too many arguments that I guess she wasn?t winning. Can?t say as I?d want her job, I like being a doctor. I can get the job done usually with a minimum of bureaucratic fuss. I?m not even sure who is currently running the camps. I?m sure I?ll find out soon when we run out of supplies (which will probably be within a week) and I have to find out where they come from.

So tomorrow, I?m off to sector seven, I?ve been told this is a twi?lek camp and they are overly sensitive to having so many human doctors, well I hope they can forgive me. I?m here to help every being. I?m exhausted journal, good night!

2. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    That's it girlfriend. Tear that page out. Start over.

It's the only way to move on.

Don't worry. I'm not going to start singing "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair." Or am I? :p

A doctor huh? We ought to see a lot of good and bad days for Leela.

Looking forward to it.

3. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Great start!!

I'm anxious to see where you take this. I like Leela...And I wonder who her friend will be...emmmm....[face_thinking]
    I of course have an idea....;)

I'll be looking for more...

FL @};-

4. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    I made a promise this journal would not be about him, after all, I have seven other journals filled with my feelings about Davion.

You already have me wanting to give Leela a hug. I like her.

Can't wait to see how she copes...and with whom indeed?!o_O

Very nice start.=D=

5. goddess_sticks

goddess_sticks Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    Nice start. :D

I like Leela already, and I'm anxious to see how she'll move on...

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    NIce start. I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

7. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Thank you to all my readers. I am excited and nervous about this writing adventure. I'll have another entry posted tomorrow! Oh, please be patient for Leele's possible love interest. He'll show up soon...I promise. Thanks!

8. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Journal of Leela Radian Post # 2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, my trip to the Twi?lek camp became an overnighter! No one bothered to clue me in that there was territorial fighting between the Twi?lek?s and the Dubrillion?s. Just after I arrived and set up my clinic for the day I heard blaster fire. I hadn?t planned on creating a field hospital, but there I was, with only one medic and an MD droid. The three of us had at least twenty patients. Thankfully most of the hot heads had their blasters on stun and not too many had them. It seems the weapon of choice that day was the vibroblade. Mostly we patched them up there, I did send two by airlift to the local Med Center. They needed more than I could give with my limited equipment. I?m sure they?re post surgical now and resting in Bacta as I write this.

Well, as I was nearing the end of the crisis I looked up to see a dark haired human my age looking over the situation. He had his hands on his hips and he looked extremely aggravated. Before I could say anything he turned and made off for the ?café? which is actually a nickname for the dining center sector seven is suppose to use. The building serves also as a meeting place, and eager to report that all of the wounded were treated or airlifted out I made my way down the little slope to the building.

From outside I could here arguing. It was loud and in Basic. I caught words like, liar, broken treaties, shortages?Honestly, I care, because when these beings argue and fight they hurt each other like today and then they need my services. And I have a lot of other things I need to do besides stitching up a bunch of full grown babies. So I stepped through the doorway. The two main leaders, one a human built large and brawny and the other a Twi?lek, equally large and angry were facing each other. They never noticed me enter. The dark haired male I?d seen moments before turned and nodded at me as if to acknowledge but be patient.

I didn?t know who he was. He stood with the leaders and began to discuss with them calmly? they actually seemed to be listening to him. I?m assuming he has some authority here, at least he carries himself that way.

I hadn?t meant to interrupt, but there was no lull in the argument and I was feeling very tired, not to mention I hadn?t yet treated the children I?d originally came to see. I stopped them mid-discussion to ask who I was suppose to file my report to.

The dark haired man just turned and leveled an equally exhausted look at me. ?Just send it electronically to the Camp Director.? I had thought there was no director, perhaps he was the new director, but I didn?t ask. And he turned around and continued his discussion with the two parties as if I wasn?t there.

I left quickly and set up the clinic as I had planned well over an hour before. It was late by the time we finished and by that time several females had offered me a place to stay rather than have me return to my apartment in the village. This was too kind since they have so little to share, but I have quickly learned Twi?lekki women are very supportive of each other contrary to the popular belief that they are mean and competitive. I accepted a young woman named Lura and spent the night at the camp. I?m glad I did, in the morning a child named Kinsi came running to our tent. In between breaths she panted and stated her mother was having a baby. So that morning I delivered my first baby here in the refugee camps, a very healthy little Twi?lek boy. When I asked the mother the name for the boy she said ?Kyp?. I asked her again thinking I?d misunderstood her accent. No, she said, I want to name him after our mediator. ?But that?s a human name? I protested, and that?s when she told me that Kyp, this mediator, was the dark haired man I?d seen the night before. Now it made some sense . Whoever he is, he must mean a great deal to this woman if she is willing to give her son a human name.

9. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    great two posts :D
    looking forward to the next one

10. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    that?s when she told me that Kyp, this mediator, was the dark haired man I?d seen the night before. Now it made some sense . Whoever he is, he must mean a great deal to this woman if she is willing to give her son a human name.

Maybe he's the father. :eek::p

Poor Leela. Her first meeting with Kyp didn't go so well. Next time.

Nice update.

Oh and if you can, could I please get a PM for your updates? Thanks. :)

11. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Lola64: He's not the father, but that made me laugh! I hadn't thought of the implications of that line: he must mean a great deal to this woman [face_laugh]

Thanks Maggy for reading!!!! :)

Lola thanks for the PM suggestion. I will PM you when there is a new post. Does anyone else want a PM?

ps...Can someone remind me how to update the title on the main page. I'll need to do that so it shows when I have a new post. thanks!

12. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    post # 3
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I?ve heard the director answers to a Jedi, I can?t see how that is very wise. What could a Jedi know about our suffering, except how to cause it? They never seem to be where you need them or be around when you need them. And there are too few I suppose to even make a difference if they ever did appear. And can we trust them? They only seem to get involved with the galaxy when it suits their own needs. As much as I loathe to quote my father, or even agree with him due to his irrational prejudices, he has had his points about Force users. After all, the most oppressive leader in the galaxy was a Force user, backed up by his former Jedi, turned to evil, Vader. So we?re suppose to trust these ?new? Jedi led by none other than the son of Vader? Well, like I said, to quote my father, ?it takes nothing for one of them to turn evil, and when they do, they are difficult to stop.?

I don?t know why I am so cranky about all this . After all, it?s just a rumor. And as far as I know, I answer to the camp director and Dr. Miklev. But still, I don?t want to have to answer to a Jedi and I?d rather not work with one. Figures one would be here since Omas seems keen on keeping them around, probably served to get him elected anyhow. Who knows, I am not one for politics or Jedi. And I am being foolish, it?s not like I?ve ever met a Jedi in the flesh, just seen them on the holonet.

What really matters to me right now is who is the camp director? No one seems to have a straight answer. I?ll need to find out soon as it seems prudent to set up a more permanent clinic in sector seven. I am writing a proposal for funding and support of this permanent clinic. And if there is a Jedi in our midst where is he or she? Lurking in the shadows or running this place?! Well, who ever is in charge, they aren?t doing such a great job. I need answers! This place is not run all that efficiently! I?m tired and cranky! Goodnight!

13. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    she is sooo cranky that she even forget her short run-in with a certain Jedi :p

nice update :D

14. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    This is very intriguing. (Well written, too!:D )

I like how she is a doctor, because that grants her access to any other character you want to bring in. You have a built-in conflict with the war and the refugees, but there a love conflict a-buildin' there, too. I want to know what happens next! Why do I suspect that this won't be the last time Leela and Kyp cross paths?[face_whistling]

Looking forward to the next one!

15. goddess_sticks

Jul 19, 2006
    hmmm... well I think she might be changing her opinion of jedi once she gets to know a certain one ;)

Nice updates.

16. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Leela doesn't trust the Jedi. :eek:

Wait til she puts two and two together and figures out that Kyp is the Kyp Durron, destroyer of Carida. She's going to trust him less, which'll make it interesting to see how her mind will change, because you know it will.

Great update and thanks for the PM.

17. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    I really like Leela's ideas about the Jedi, because I think that a lot of common folks in the GA would feel this way. Let's face it, the Jedi would seem mystical and untouchable by most people. Their powers would seem even frightening to most.

But I have to agree with Lola, wait until she finds out just who the mysterious Kyp really is....[face_mischief]

Great job...=D=

FL @};-

18. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    First of all: A BIG thanks to everyone for reading, complimenting, and commenting. This is fun!:D And THIS, is my 500th post !!!!!!![face_dancing]

Maggy
    she is sooo cranky that she even forget her short run-in with a certain Jedi
    She doesn?t know he is a Jedi, he?s just a random good looking guy

divapilot
    You have a built-in conflict with the war and the refugees, but there a love conflict a-buildin' there, too. Yes, I sense a conflict within her.

goddess_sticks
    hmmm... well I think she might be changing her opinion of jedi once she gets to know a certain one We?ll see

Lola64
    Leela doesn't trust the Jedi. She doesn?t trust Force sensitives with Palpatine being the numero uno evil baddie force sensitive, you can see why

Wait til she puts two and two together and figures out that Kyp is the Kyp Durron, destroyer of Carida. She's going to trust him less, which'll make it interesting to see how her mind will change, because you know it will.
    Yep, what is a story without tension!

Flower Lady
    I really like Leela's ideas about the Jedi, because I think that a lot of common folks in the GA would feel this way. Let's face it, the Jedi would seem mystical and untouchable by most people. Their powers would seem even frightening to most.

See my comments on Leela below:

Leela is a normal human being. She is gifted, she is bright and she is beautiful, but she has no ability to manipulate the Force. Nor has she ever met anyone who can. In a galaxy of trillions of beings there are perhaps less than 1,000 trained Jedi, and even if there are 10 times that many unfound and untrained that still amounts to a grain of sand on the beach. So, in many ways, Leela is the ?every woman? of the galaxy.

To Leela there is no light side and dark side. There is good and evil and the choices people make based on their experiences, their ethics and the given situation. She has lived through war and watched Coruscant fall. She doesn?t think the universe can be simplified into black and white actions and she is fully aware that some choices beings make have much to do with the times. In this extent she would be fully supportive of Kyp?s actions during the war, if she knew what those actions were. But she doesn?t, because although as NJO readers we have read ?first hand? what Luke and the others did to save the galaxy, Leela would have limited information about that. First of, because so little was done by the Jedi as a group (at first), secondly Fyor Rodan was out to arrest Jedi and put a bad name on them, then finally the holonet was disabled. Meanwhile, she was just trying to survive.

So she knows that Omas has an advisory council, and that there are Jedi on it, and likely that someone named Kyp Durron is on it, but she doesn?t think about it all that often, because with all that happens in her life, it is not a priority. Leela is a practical doer. She likes to focus on how she can best help others and get the job done. And as she said, she doesn?t care for politics, it?s too removed from the reality of her life, work, and surroundings.

19. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    This story keeps coming to me; so here is some more:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Journal,

I got to meet the ?dark haired ? man today and of course his name is Kyp. I already knew that from Kinsi?s mother. I was back in the Twi?lek camp checking on L?othbe and baby Kyp when he spotted me. How he knew I was there was beyond me. I?d been inside the main tent for over an hour and just as I was walking out he stated, Dr. Radian?? And there he was. A big grin lit up his face and he reached out and shook my hand warmly. I?m Kyp Durron, the mediator.?

Okay, this is embarrassing, I?m a professional, but when he took my hand and looked into my eyes my heart skipped a beat. His eyes were as green as the forests that cover this continent and there was something more, but honestly, I can?t place it now. I think I blushed! He is quite handsome and he even has a nice voice. I told him who I was and he asked me how I was doing in this new position. Then he offered to take me for a tour of the camps in his air speeder.

The camps were larger than I had imagined. When I had arrived we approached from the south and did not fly over them. Words really can?t describe the distance from one end to the other. You can read in the bulletin eighty kilometers from end to end, and thousands of beings, but it spans the length of five times Hanna City! Beings from all worlds living in cramped tents and temporary structures. These beings once had jobs, homes, lives and something to do. Now, they sit and wait. We can?t even tell them how much longer this situation will last because no one knows. It?s not right, it?s not fair. I can?t reach them all, I can?t help them all. I was always able to accept this limitation until I saw Coruscant fall. That shook my generally optimistic nature, and it?s not something I am proud of, but I wallowed in a bit of despair (read the last seven journals and it?s pretty obvious). You know when I feel even a little hopeless I get angry. Call it my defense mechanism. Moments like this make me hate the Vong, make me unable to understand how they were just allowed to surrender and leave with Zonoma Sekot. I don?t even want to think about it right now.

Back to our flight and what he said:

As I was lost in thought over the camps Kyp swooped in and out of a couple of trees and I must have jumped in surprise. He looked like he was enjoying himself fully and he told me, ?You needn?t worry about my flying, I have lots of experience.? Then he told me he was a pilot, which I thought was odd because he didn?t seem like an arrogant show off. Of course I opened my big mouth and shared that sentiment with him. He was clearly amused.

We both laughed, his like the laughter to an inside joke and me with discomfort, fearing I?d hurt his feelings. But he continued the tour and ended it back in the village where I had my apartment.

So I asked him, ?are you going to tell me who is in charge of these camps??

?I am.? I thought he was joking until he continued. ?A new director will be appointed, but until then I?m in charge. Trust me, it?s not my favorite assignment, but duty calls. His comm went off at that exact moment and he hurriedly said goodbye and raced off in the speeder.

Here it is now, 22:00 hours and I am very confused! How could he be the acting director, he had said he was a pilot? And everyone calls him their mediator. Tomorrow, I will get to the bottom of this.

20. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Kyp is very talented isn't he

very amusing post :D

21. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    Very realistic, iamobiwan1970. The Jedi definitely haven't had much of any good PR for the past 40 years! I can't wait until Leela finds out this handsome pilot turned mediator is not only Jedi, but Kyp Durron himself!

Please PM me if you have a list.

22. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    First I'd like to comment on something you pointed out in your comments...

So she knows that Omas has an advisory council, and that there are Jedi on it, and likely that someone named Kyp Durron is on it, but she doesn?t think about it all that often, because with all that happens in her life, it is not a priority. Leela is a practical doer. She likes to focus on how she can best help others and get the job done. And as she said, she doesn?t care for politics, it?s too removed from the reality of her life, work, and surroundings.

I totally agree with what you said about the Jedi and the average person of the GA...

But specifically I'd like to comment on this paragraph...in terms of the real world..

I would even go as far as to think that she may not even realize just what Kyp Durron did...(concerning Carida)...Oh she knows something happened and she may have known the name of the person who destroyed the planet, at one time. But she would have been probably been about Kyp's age or even younger when it happened...And since then the galaxy had worse events then one planet being exploded happen. Plus Leela's own life happened.
    Think of it this way, how many of us can name all the mass murders of our world. Or for that matter, how many of us know first hand all the names of the members of our governments. I know I can?t and I work for the government.
    Great insight, iamobiwan1970, on what the real people of the GA think, even those with intelligence and education. Most people would be concerned about their lives and surviving; the Government on Coruscant and, to an even lesser degree, the Jedi would be the fartherest thing from their minds. Your remarks are dead on in my mind. Great job...

Now to the post...

Oh that was awesome...And her reaction was so good...and real. Which reiterates my comments above.

She's confused and that is totally how she should be...Because realistically, what the hell is a pilot doing running a refuge came?...

FL @};-

23. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    I like that Kyp is a blank page to her at this point other than what she sees so far.

Can't wait for her to get to 'the bottom of this'.

Great additions to Leela's diary.=D=

24. goddess_sticks

Jul 19, 2006
    Well now she knows his name.

I'm looking forward to see how she reacts when she finds out more about him.

I also enjoyed their speeder flight.

Nice update.

25. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    So, Kyp's kind of in charge. That'll give them plenty of chances to interact with each other.

I think it's time that Leela started making her demands for improvements of the camp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.