main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Til human voices wake us: Journal of Leela Radian Kyp/OC Completed: 01.20.08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by iamobiwan1970, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Maggy

Kyp is very talented isn't he I bet he is! :*

very amusing post Thanks, since most of my mind wallows in angst, I?m glad to give a moment of levity

RebelGrrl

Very realistic, iamobiwan1970. The Jedi definitely haven't had much of any good PR for the past 40 years! I can't wait until Leela finds out this handsome pilot turned mediator is not only Jedi, but Kyp Durron himself! Yeh, I?m not sure if PR is their strong point? Luke sort of runs on his reputation as Rebel Hero and Leia?s brother and so their respect is like a trickle down effect from him.

Flowerlady

I would even go as far as to think that she may not even realize just what Kyp Durron did...(concerning Carida)...Oh she knows something happened and she may have known the name of the person who destroyed the planet, at one time. But she would have been probably been about Kyp's age or even younger when it happened...she was 12 and she knows about as much as I know about Pol Pot And since then the galaxy had worse events then one planet being exploded happen. Plus Leela's own life happened. yes, she was a bit of an academic geek trying to finish ?high school? earlyThink of it this way, how many of us can name all the mass murders of our world. Or for that matter, how many of us know first hand all the names of the members of our governments. I know I can?t and I work for the government. It?s funny you said that, because I can?t even name the prime minister of Canada at the moment and it?s 20 miles from my house! (And I am an educated person) There are things that happen on Earth that we don?t know about. Look at the genocide in Rwanda! How many knew that was happening at the time? I?m glad no one thinks I am writing her dumb, because that is not what I am trying to convey. I am trying to show what it?s like to be a normal person whose world is about to collide with a ?not so normal? man! ;)

She's confused and that is totally how she should be...Because realistically, what the hell is a pilot doing running a refuge camp?... LOL, exactly! Thanks FlowerLady for the insight and comments!

PRINCESSCAMBRIA

I like that Kyp is a blank page to her at this point other than what she sees so far. I?m trying, this first person diary format limits what I can share, but the challenge is enjoyable.

Can't wait for her to get to 'the bottom of this'. Patience?it will happen soon.

Great additions to Leela's diary. Thank you so very much!

goddess_sticks

I'm looking forward to see how she reacts when she finds out more about him. Good, me too!

I also enjoyed their speeder flight. I wanted her to find out he was a pilot.

Lola64

So, Kyp's kind of in charge. That'll give them plenty of chances to interact with each other. I think he likes her!

I think it's time that Leela started making her demands for improvements of the camp.
    You think she should demand of Master Durron ? [face_batting]

2. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Ok people...here is the next entry. I am not a doctor, so please forgive me if I messed up any of the medical stuff.
    *********************************************************************************

Dear Journal:

I?m writing this entry after two glasses of wine, which given the events of today were more than earned. Yes, today was one of those days that try you mentally, physically, and emotionally. I expect them, I know given my chosen profession it?s my job to deal with crisis, but still, it can take a lot out of you. And then on top of it all I discovered something I did not know and it?s left me a little shocked and confused.

This morning Kyp came into our main clinic and asked me if he could take me for caf after lunch. He apologized for leaving so hastily yesterday. I told him yes, because , honestly, I was thinking about my promise to myself to be more active and to try to meet men and I did think he was attractive. We walked down to the village, which is less than a kilometer from the clinic.

The Promise Café was so adorable from the street that it called to me. It was a small squat building painted the color of Chandrila?s sky and adorned with window boxes spilling with flowers. We were headed in that direction when Kyp got a glazed look on his face and asked if I?d mind going to Café Dupris just up the hill. I did mind, but I am trying to behave, compromise, not be hard to get along with. You know, good date behaviors. So I let him have his way. The Dupris was all right, it just lacked charm. I think we had a nice chat, but after all that happened I don?t really remember what was said. We finished our caf at the Dupris and were headed back down the sidewalk when suddenly Kyp slammed me against the wall and pinned me there. My anger at him only lasted a second as the front of the Promise Café blew out into the street only ten meters away from us. Then I realized what he had done, he had shielded me. We both sprinted towards the café to see what we could do to help. There was little left of the front. No reminder of the beauty that had drawn me to it only 30 minutes before.

The explosion had ripped the front transparasteel windows out along with the supporting durocrete walls. But we weren?t looking at the structure, we were just trying to see who might still be alive after such a devastating blast.

What once was the counter top was twisted over the side and top of the booth table and underneath lay a man, his legs trapped by the combined weight of the table and the counter. Kyp drew something from his coat and at once I saw it. A light saber. He used that weapon like a saw to make quick work of freeing the man and then jumped over the remains of the counter and ran into the back. It was not time to be stunned. I quickly assessed the man in front of me. Now with the weight off him he likely would be all right and I heard the sound of sirens which met I wouldn?t be the only one here to treat these beings?because there were too many for only myself. I moved to the next booth areas that was still inside the remains of the building. One woman lay impaled by a large shard of steel in her chest. Her eyes wide open, but seeing nothing. The other occupant of the booth lay unconscious but alive. I was looking to see if any of them were bleeding severely, I expected severed limbs given the force of the blast. I didn?t have to look far as the next being was a man in his twenties, blonde hair, brown eyes clearly in shock . His right leg was twisted at his knee in an abnormal position, his left leg ended at his knee and he was bleeding rapidly. I ripped the cord from my purse strap and placed a quick tourniquet on him. It worked. I don?t play favorites, but this one I didn?t want to loose, why? I thought of Davion, I could have sworn they looked like they could have been brothers. I didn?t want anyone to loose him and go though the same hideous torture I went through.

I saw the medics coming in and yelled to them to get the three out front first.

3. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Kyp the hero [face_love]

:p

a decision she has to make >/Yoda<

great post =D=

4. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    We finished our caf at the Dupris and were headed back down the sidewalk when suddenly Kyp slammed me against the wall and pinned me there.

Boy he works fast. :p

Then I realized what he had done, he had shielded me.

Even better, now he's her hero. [face_love]

They worked well together in that scene. I hope that he's able to set her straight on what Jedi are, who he is.

Very nice update.

5. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I really enjoyed this update...

The scene at the café was heart wrenching.

So, she knows that he's a Jedi. I'm sure she's even more confused now then before...

But you know what I really like about this...

is this part right here...

?Because I?m a Jedi, or because I?m Kyp Durron??

?It?s nothing.? I muttered. ?I don?t want to talk about it.?

?Fine.? He turned back to face the view ahead and spoke not one more word, not even when I got out of the speeder at my apartment. So here I am in my sweats writing this and drinking glass number three of wine.

So now, I know two things. First, Kyp is a Jedi. And secondly, I don?t know how that makes me feel about him.

She may not know how she feels about Kyp but it has noting to do with him being Kyp Durron...aka Destroyer of Carida... This is great because Leela is seeing Kyp as just another person and learning about him as they go...

And hopefully falling for the man not the titles or the sterotypes...

FL @};-

6. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Another wonderful post!=D=

7. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Maggy
    Kyp the hero would you expect anything less?
    a decision she has to make >/Yoda< and you all know what it will be
    great post thanks

Lola64
    We finished our caf at the Dupris and were headed back down the sidewalk when suddenly Kyp slammed me against the wall and pinned me there.

Boy he works fast. HeHe....he's a gentleman

Then I realized what he had done, he had shielded me.

Even better, now he's her hero. As I said before, would you expect anything less?

They worked well together in that scene. I hope that he's able to set her straight on what Jedi are, who he is. We'll see;)

Very nice update. thanks

Flowerlady

I really enjoyed this update... thanks
    The scene at the café was heart wrenching. hope it made sense from a first aid point of view, I am picky about details
    So, she knows that he's a Jedi. I'm sure she's even more confused now then before...

But you know what I really like about this...

is this part right here...

?Because I?m a Jedi, or because I?m Kyp Durron??

?It?s nothing.? I muttered. ?I don?t want to talk about it.?

?Fine.? He turned back to face the view ahead and spoke not one more word, not even when I got out of the speeder at my apartment. So here I am in my sweats writing this and drinking glass number three of wine.

So now, I know two things. First, Kyp is a Jedi. And secondly, I don?t know how that makes me feel about him.

She may not know how she feels about Kyp but it has noting to do with him being Kyp Durron...aka Destroyer of Carida... This is great because Leela is seeing Kyp as just another person and learning about him as they go...

And hopefully falling for the man not the titles or the sterotypes. Leela is usually open minded, but Jedi present a block. She's no giddy school girl besotted with his power.

PRINCESSCAMBRIA
    Another wonderful post thank you!

8. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    YOu sure are prolific. Anyhow, read through the second and third posts and they're good.

9. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Sil_Solo thank you!!! Here is a short post from Leela's Journal:

JOURNAL!!!!!!!!!!

This assignment is horrible. It turns out Kyp was not exaggerating about being the director, or acting director until a new one arrives, but he was as unyielding as a stubborn bantha. I went before him today to present my proposal. He refused my request for a more permanent clinic at sector seven even though he?s been there repeatedly and knows what is needed.

I was exceedingly unprofessional today in my reaction!!! My dislike for Jedi and my shock at Kyp keeping his identity a secret got the best of me. I didn?t exactly approach our meeting with an open mind and it showed from the start. I thought I?d made myself clear in my request and in my reasoning in my written proposal. It should have been easier. But after he read it he just shook his head.

?What is your problem?? I got in his face and he was calm, disturbingly calm.

?I can?t do it. The funds needed are frozen. I am only directing what is already here.?

?Well, why don?t you just wave your hand and make someone get us those funds.?

?Was that comment really necessary? I told you who I was. You act as if I lied to you. Tell me, you haven?t heard of Kyp Durron? He raised his eyebrows then snarled one acidic word: Carida? Then I realized what he was trying to say to me.

I just stared, probably open mouth, and then I really said something stupid. ?I?m sorry. I didn?t realize when we met you were that same Kyp Durron.? What a stupid thing to say.

And that comment didn?t help the situation any. I thought Durron would rip my head off! If anyone could give such an icy look, and use such an biting tone of voice to utter so few words, well it is not possible. ?I think this meeting is over.? I didn?t answer, I simply turned swiftly and left the room.

10. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    [face_laugh]=D=
    I somehow had the same reaction like Kyp
    I mean how many Jedi called Kyp Durron are there in the GFFA? :p

maybe she just overheard the news
    and she might be too young to actually have cared back then about news and such ;)

somehow always go something "boom" :D

great post

11. Princess Cambria

Jan 20, 2006
    Open mouth, insert foot... Well that's definitely one path to his heart I'd say.:D

Nice addition!=D=

12. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    That was great...and funny.

I agree with Cambria...

That is the best way to Durron's heart...he likes his women sassy...;)

FL @};-

13. master_jade

master_jade Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2006
    I find this story extremely... well, amusing is one thing, but not only. It's just such a wonderful read...Keep going! [face_peace]

And btw. It's nice that timeframe of the story is directly after the Yuuzhan Vong War. The profic authors never really dealt with this period. TUF finished with the war's end, and Dark Nest gave only a brief description of what had happened since.

14. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Master Jade

Thanks! I have much of this story written and I totally know how it will end. I think I?ll make it to the end. I hate when people start stories and never finish them, especially when I get really into the story.

30-35 ABY is the most under explored time period and I needed to know what Kyp was up to after TUF. Much of his personality here is based on his actions and reactions in TUF.

FlowerLady and Princess Cambria:

Thanks for staying with me here. Even intelligent people have moments of saying really stupid things, and sometimes they don?t have the best social skills!

Maggy

and she might be too young to actually have cared back then about news and such

It?s a big galaxy with multiple star systems and trillions of beings. She was 12 when it happened and it wasn?t important to her at that time.

15. goddess_sticks

goddess_sticks Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    Nice updates.

It was amusing to watch her realize who he actually was.

I'm looking forward to see what happens next.

16. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Just wanted to say I'm enjoying this very much. Your descriptions are at turns very funny and heartbreatking. The camp reminds me so much of what I saw on television from Hurricane Katrina -- so many people with nothing to do but wait for something better than this.

I like how Leela and Kyp are butting heads. I think they are more alike than they recognize.

Nice work!=D=

17. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Thanks Diva_Pilot I like how Leela and Kyp are butting heads. I think they are more alike than they recognize. I don't think either strives to argue, but compromise could be a challenge.

Thanks for reading Goddess_Sticks :D Here is some more from Leela, sorry, no Kyp in this one! :_| It's okay, he'll be back!

1/15/33
    Dearest:

I had today off and it was wonderful! I rented a speeder and drove to the northern shore. I still don?t really know anyone here yet to ask to accompany me, but that?s all right. I haven?t had any time to myself in a while. Most of my shifts are 12 hours or more depending on the day and what is needed. So I?m really not alone that much?I haven?t had time to think, which I think is a good thing because I really haven?t had time to think of Davion, but I did today while watching the waves. It was the same water we once watched together, but not the same ocean. The Northern shore is so different than the West Coast. Here it is colder and the beach is littered with large boulders. So I sat on one particularly large one that had just the perfect hollow naturally carved out of it?s top. A perfect meditating rock.

I was thinking about when I first came to Chandrila with Dav to meet my parents. I worried they wouldn?t like him, which was silly. To my mom he represented the epitome of the perfect match: a doctor. To my father he held a respectable position in society. He passed their test quite easily, and with his charming disposition and sense of humor who couldn?t have loved him at first sight. After getting over meeting my parents we headed west. We had rented a cottage on the west coast right on the beach. Every morning we woke to the sound of the waves and the birds, and every afternoon, when the sun was too hot to be on the beach, we would retreat to the big bed with the white silk sheets and under the cool breeze of the fan make love all afternoon. I?m not crying as I write this memory, that?s good, I?m learning to enjoy it, not try to wish it into reality. Good...and there was the morning Dav brought me breakfast in bed and on the tray was a box and in his eyes were love...and he proposed. There was no one sweeter than Davion Corseca, no one at all.

The ocean has always been my favorite place. I think that was the worst part of Coruscant, not enough water. Now that I am back here on Chandrila I never want to leave. This is my planet and my home.

I read a really good book today which took my mind far away from thoughts of Dav or work. It was historical romance I suppose, oh, my guilty pleasure! But it wasn?t a waste of time!. It had very strong and likable characters, my favorite was Maggi. She was so strong and she led her family through these impossible circumstances. It was funny though, her choice of husband was this rogue Bucheron who had wandered into their town from some unknown land. He was the outsider and poor, but he rose to power and status and she fell for his charms. Of course he was tall, dark and handsome and I suppose poor Maggi who had lost two children, two husbands and half her family had been through such tragedy that she deserved a little happiness with Bucheron! Ahh, the book ended too soon for my taste, even if it was 600 pages long. HaHa. It?s nearly 0:00 hours, I best be getting some sleep, no day off tomorrow.

18. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    good for her that she can remember about her ex without tears :)

great work =D=

*goes back to work or at least tries to*

19. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    That was really good. I'm glad that she's working through her loss.

And yes we all have our guilty pleasures...mine's fanfiction and Kyp and Jag and Valin, Oh I think I'll stop there!!! [face_laugh]

Loved it and can't wait for more...=D=

FL @};-

20. Princess Cambria

Jan 20, 2006
    Yes... water does something special to the soul.

Nice addition=D=

21. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Thank you everyone!

Maggy

good for her that she can remember about her ex without tears

great work
    She really loved Davion, she thought he was her soul mate! :_|

Flowerlady

And yes we all have our guilty pleasures...mine's fanfiction and Kyp and Jag and Valin, Oh I think I'll stop there!!!

Loved it and can't wait for more...
    My guilty pleasure is definately reading and writing fanfiction! That's why I made the comment, and also cause Bucheron in the story was a rogue just like Kyp! :D

PRINCESSCAMBRIA

Yes... water does something special to the soul. I agree, I always feel renewed by a trip to the ocean.

22. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Hello:

1/21/33

I?ve been here for three weeks now and I?ve fallen into a rhythm. Dr. Miklev is pleased with the work I?ve done so far. He complimented my proposal for a permanent clinic in sector 7S. There are two permanent clinics at the moment, one in sector 3S and one in 6S. He appreciated that I understood it wasn?t a matter of geographic location, but population concentration in my sector which warrants building the facility. He then told me to be patient. And I?m sure I whined, ?when are we getting a new camp director?, but I?m sure no one hears me now. Our last director left nearly two months ago after a huge scandal involving misappropriated funds, not because she hated it as I previously thought. So I?ll have to say that?s for the best.

Miklev says Durron is doing the best he can to keep things functioning, and that he?s a good strategist and I should trust him. He says I can?t expect to see any large changes until they find some one permanent, so I?ll stop being a little girl and get on with it. And I have. In the last three weeks I?ve vaccinated 825 children and adults against Stri Fever and Menuosis. I?ve been overseeing their nutrition and I?m pleased to say that food supplies haven?t been bad. So I sent Kyp a note, I felt rotten for the things I said that day when I gave him my proposal. I just sent him a little thank you for making sure my sector was well equipped. Even if he no longer wants to speak to me at least I can stay in his good graces. There?s not one being here who speaks unkindly of him. I guess he?s been here for nearly three years off and on, doing what he can, mostly to mediate or to organize the people to be more self sufficient and ready to move to their new homes.

You know, I shouldn't have been so hard on him. A little part of me thinks he might be just.....intriguing. Substance Leele, you want a man of substance, not intrigue.

23. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Leela's kind of a "doctors without borders" kinda gal. I like her a lot. She's the type of person who people respect.

A little part of me thinks he might be just.....intriguing. Oh, go for it! Intriguing can be the best thing for a person like Leela. She needs someone who can give her a break from the stresses of dealing with so many needy people.

24. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    You know, I shouldn't have been so hard on him. A little part of me thinks he might be just.....intriguing. Substance Leele, you want a man of substance, not intrigue.

but men with substance are not interesting :p

nice move to send a note and saying "sorry"

25. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    So she is softening up on how things are run and finds that Kyp's not that bad of a manager...

At least Jedi don't misappropriate funds. :p

Substance Leele, you want a man of substance, not intrigue

Oh come on, men of intrigue can have substance too...you just need to give Kyppie a chance....;)

Great update...and thanks for the PM...[:D]

FL @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.