main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Till death does us part

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by necromantic_sith, Jan 8, 2021.

1. necromantic_sith

necromantic_sith Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2021
    Since all living beings passed into the force and mingled with each other after death, jedi even more so, is it possible that, when getting married, anakin and padme never said the 'till death do us part line' line? just a friendly question.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    devilinthedetails likes this.
  2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I think it's very possible they didn't since I don't know that religious rites would be the same in Star Wars as on Earth (and even on Earth, the lines said in weddings differ from culture to culture and religion to religion). So I imagine that Anakin and Padme would have exchanged some vow more fitting the Star Wars universe than a particular religion and culture in our world.

Also, welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your time here!

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  3. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Anakin wrote her vows. She said "til death do us part or you turn against me."

4. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    As far as I know that line appears in Christian weddings only, and even there only when a priest is involved. I have no idea if Hindus or Buddhists have an equivalent. And a HUGE part of the world's population is atheist. Take China which has a quarter of the world's population, or North Korea, or African cultures. And in an altogether different galaxy? I strongly doubt that wedding rites there are observed that exist only for a part of the population (sorry, I don't have the statistics) on OUR planet.

devilinthedetails likes this.