main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Time and Space Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon Completed 21/4/2013

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Aug 19, 2009.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    evil Sidious[face_skull]but you can expect nothing else. What will he do to Qui and Anakin.

Excellent cliffie=D==D==D=

2. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Wow!! What a fic!!! Please PM me when you update this :)

Thanks

EG

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Palps is a nasty old spider spinning his net with the cold wit of a sith.

[face_worried]

And therefore it is a brilliant up-date!

=D=

Thanks for leading us into the dark mind and dark heart of a dark man!

4. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Yay! DRL gave me a break!

You're horrible you know that. You save Qui-gon just to have him be killed in the purge! I was hoping that somehow you'd find a way for Obi-wan to save him!

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Sidious had attached the Jedi?s sabre to his belt and everything that belonged to Kenobi would be frozen with him.

:eek: :eek:

WOW

That was very intense and your pacing was perfect.

You did a great job capturing Palpatine's well hidden, evil side.

But my poor Obi!

:_| :_| :_|

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. Icepaw_Kenobi

Icepaw_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2009
    Well, I had to go out the door to get to school so I didn't really take that much time to review.

Again, Great update! =D= =D= =D=

Palpy is just so evil! [face_beatup]

Poor Obi! [face_worried] But if there wasn't a poor Obi we wouldn't quite have a proper story, would we?

Now we all have to sit here on the edges of our seats, waiting to see if Qui will come rescue him! [face_shame_on_you]

7. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Icepaw_Kenobi
    Thank you I?m feeling evil at the moment with Halloween around[face_devil]

Palpy is just so evil! :cool: I was hoping it would come across that way I?m happy you enjoyed it.[face_dancing]

But if there wasn't a poor Obi we wouldn't quite have a proper story, would we?
    No we wouldn?t[face_idea]

Now we all have to sit here on the edges of our seats, waiting to see if Qui will come rescue him! Oh you want him rescued?Ooops:oops:

GeneralKenobi7

I had to research Palpy there isn?t a lot of in depth about him.
    I wanted to show is dislike for the Jedi.[face_devil]

Valairy_Scot

Yes it?s here he's frozen:_| and that?s what?s stumping me now. How to jump forward ten, twenty, or thirty years.

earlybird_obi-wan

What will Palpy do indeed.o_O Time will tell.[face_devil]
    Thanks for your support.[:D]

EGKenobi

Hi there thanks for reading and yes I?ll PM you.[face_dancing]

AzureAngel2

I wanted to get into Sidious head and show how much he hated the Jedi.[face_skull]
    Thank for reading.@};-

Raphire

I love being horrible[face_mischief] But who says I?m going to kill Qui-Gon in the purge.:D

KELIA
    Thanks I wanted to show what makes Palpy tick.[face_skull] I am beginning to love the evil side.

8. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009

like the story, how it work out. Can`t wait dor more.

9. Icepaw_Kenobi

Jun 26, 2009
    Now we all have to sit here on the edges of our seats, waiting to see if Qui will come rescue him! Oh you want him rescued? Ooops.

Like I said, poor Obi! :_|

Ok, NOW I go to sutdy and do battle with piles of homework!

10. Alcyone

Alcyone Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    ohhh this is cool, I wonder how the future will change with Obi temporarily out of the picture.

do you PM updates?

11. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    littleobiwankenobi
    Thanks I hope it continues to your liking.[face_praying]

Icepaw_Kenobi

Homework and study is important. Go to it!;)
    Another post is coming your way.[face_dancing]

Alcyone
    Thanks for reviewing and yes I do and I will add you.:cool:

12. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

oo

I have tweaked this and changed it so many times I think I?ve practically re-written it. I wasn?t sure how to jump from where I finished off in the last post to the future and I didn?t want to bore anyone with information that we already know about. (I?m assuming that everyone has seen the movies) . Things change in Revenge of the sith a bit and no one goes to live on Tatooine.

ooo

For five years, Qui-Gon kept the memory of his missing Padawan deep inside close to his heart. He had a new Padawan to train and his time was taken up concentrating on teaching Anakin the finer points of being a Jedi. Nevertheless, when he was alone in his meditations he would remember Obi-Wan and the visions he?d had before his death.
    Qui-Gon had come to accept the fact that Obi-Wan was dead and he knew he had to let him go if he expected to train the chosen one. They?d searched for Obi-Wan for many months and no trace was ever found of him and as the months turned into years, Anakin?s thirst for knowledge kept Qui-Gon busy with training and missions.

However, it was in these quiet moments when they had some down time in the temple and Anakin was in class that he could let his mind go back to the image of Obi-Wan. He?d come to the conclusion that whatever Obi-Wan had seen in his visions was the reason he was dead now and he felt guilty knowing that on the night he disappeared Obi-Wan had wanted to speak to him.

He opened up to the Force and brought back the discussions they?d had about his visions and paramount amongst them were several glaring truths. Obi-Wan had mentioned seeing a black clothed being with a red sabre, and he?d known exactly what the sith was going to do. He?d known where the controls were to switch off the laser beams on Naboo, even though he?d never been there before, and he?d known that Palpatine was going to be Chancellor.
    Qui-Gon and Yoda had even meditated together to try and piece together the meaning of them, but without more information they had nothing to go on. Whatever was going to happen in the future had died with Obi-Wan.

Ooo

Anakin settled into his new life as a Jedi Padawan and had little time to think about his Mother, or about Padmè. His objective was to prove to Qui-Gon that he was a far superior apprentice than Obi-Wan had been. Although Qui-Gon never mentioned his lost apprentice, Anakin?s peers were always comparing them. Everything Anakin achieved was almost as good as what Obi-Wan had achieved before him. Even some of his teaching Masters would use Obi-Wan as an example of how an apprentice should perform. He was sick of hearing about the ?sith killer,? the perfect padawan.

The only time he felt important was when Chancellor Palpatine contacted him. They communicated by com-link most of the time because it was against Jedi policy for apprentices to interact with political representatives. However, because Palpatine was Chancellor, he was given permission to contact him on rare occasions. He enjoyed his talks with Palpatine, because even though the Jedi said he was the ?chosen one? they didn?t treat him like he was special, but Palpatine did.

The Chancellor had become a trusted mentor and sometimes he felt he could confide his secret feelings more to him than he could to Qui-Gon. Even though he thought of Qui-Gon as the father he?d never had, sometimes he felt that his master was too strict with him. It was always - your focus determines your reality - keep your mind in the here and now- control your impatience- meditate- control your emotions. He felt stifled by the Jedi?s rules.

But Palpatine praised him for his connection to the force and told him that he would be the greatest Jedi that ever lived. He knew in his own mind that he was far superior than the other Padawan?s his age. He was smarter and more powerful than most of the senior padawan?s as well and he?d expected his master to agree with him when he asked to be promoted to a senior. His master had laughed at him and said that he was too youn

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh...all those years in one chapter - well done!

So - do we get Obi in the next chapter?!?! Please [face_praying] . Man, Qui is going to be DELIGHTED (Yoda, too?). [face_praying]

I can hardly wait...post - post - post, darn it. ;)

14. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    So what happened to Luke in all of this? Is he still doing his whole death star thing?

Great Post, can't wait for Qui-gon!

15. Alcyone

Alcyone Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    so obi is in the galaxy's garbage dump?

cool update

16. Icepaw_Kenobi

Jun 26, 2009
    GRR! Evil Anakin and Palpy!!!

And now what will happen???

Great update! I like how you combined many years into one chapter.

And the ability to pass an exam is insignificant next to the power of the force. Especially if it is a ginormous Algebra exam that you are supposed to be studying for but are wishing you were outside playing basketball instead.

Thanks for the pm.

17. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    You tied the rest of the prequel movies in quite well!
    Will we see Obi again soon? Please??[face_praying] I can't wait to see him and Han together, I always thought they would be quite a pair...

18. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice. all the events in one chapter and now coming to the exitement of seeing Obi coming?[face_thinking]

Lovely to see Qui alive:)

19. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    You did an awesome job of wrapping up so many years in one post. I feel bad for Qui-Gon, having had another apprentice turn to the dark side. :( I'm thinking Qui-Gon needs to listen to his gut feeling involving that asteroid belt he asked Han to fly closer to. I wonder what Obi-Wan will think of all the time that has passed him by when he awakes as well as how he'll handle the changes: Qui-Gon will look much older in his eyes and the galaxy's no longer the one he remembers. [face_worried]

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    There was something about the asteroid field that caused Qui-Gon to think of Obi-Wan

Well I hope it's because Obi-Wan is about to re-emerge [face_praying] [face_praying]

Very intense update! But I enjoyed the pacing.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Valairy_Scot

Yep didn?t want to drag out Obi?s return. o_O I get withdrawal symptoms when Obi isn?t around. [face_worried] I?d like to bring him in right now, but I have to do a couple of things with Luke and Han first.[face_idea]

Just be patient like me. :D It won?t be too much longer and then the fun begins.

Raphire
    Don?t worry Luke?s story is coming up he is one of the main characters from now on.:cool:
    Yes the death star makes an appearance.[face_skull]

Alcyone

Garbage dump, ummm you could say that.[face_thinking] From a certain point of view.:D

Icepaw_Kenobi

ability to pass an exam is insignificant next to the power of the force.

I love how you said that I wonder if Darth Vader passed his exams.:p

Lots will happen now, I will cover the life and times of the characters and what they have been up to over the past thirty years. Throughout the coming chapters.8-}

GeneralKenobi7
    Thank you I didn?t want to spend too many chapters going over everything we already know.[face_idea] Although I?ve gone in a slightly different direction.:D

Obi-Wan and Han will be like chalk and cheese. O:) 8-} One is rough as a diamond and the other is sensible, straight laced and polite. But they will get on.[:D]

earlybird-obi-wan
    Soon there will be fun with Obi, Han and Luke.[face_dancing] Thanks.[:D]

bek
    Thanks I hoped it would come out ok. There was a lot of things to get through without boring anyone.

I wanted to make the future hard for Obi to understand and especially the way Luke and Han talk will be so different to the way Obi was brought up.:confused: Hopefully it will be fun in-between the reality of Darth Vader and Sidious.:D

KELIA
    You know me I am a big Obi fan and it?s been hard for me not having Obi-Wan in my story.:D But not long to go now.
    Thanks I was a bit worried about the pacing and I didn?t want to rush it. But I needed to get through it quickly.[:D]

22. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Sorry that the posts are slow in getting done. I have a brick wall blocking my thoughts. I feel that this chapter is rushed a bit but I was stuck so I posted it as it is.

Plus I've been away quite a bit over the past few weeks, re-aquainting myself with real life.
    This chapter was hard to write like the last one. Nevertheless, I think I've climbed to the top of this mountain and I can see where I'm going now. So hopefully the story will begin to flow smoothly.

Especially, when everyone who's frozen is defrosted, but not in this chapter
    .:D [face_whistling]

ooo.

The rebel base's hidden space port was alive with young pilots signing up to be a part of the alliance. As Yoda and Qui-Gon stepped off the Millennium Falcon their senses were bombarded by force sensitive beings. Qui-Gon saw Bail Organa by the security gates waiting for them. However, Qui-Gon?s attention was drawn to the young man standing at Bails side. The force was alive in him, but it was untapped as it was with all the other beings in the hanger.

The Empire had forbidden anyone with Force sensitivity to use it and if they did they were hunted down by Vader and murdered. Qui-Gon and Yoda hid their connection to the force behind strong shields and had changed their Jedi uniforms for non-descript tunics and kept their sabre's well hidden.

Bail smiled and he waved them over. ?Yoda, Qui-Gon, I?m pleased to see you again I was hoping you would arrive before I had to head back to Alderaan. I would like you to meet my step son Luke.?

Luke stepped forward holding out his hand. ?Hi I?m Luke Skywalker Organa, welcome to Yavin IV.?

?Hello Luke, I?m Qui-Gon and this is Yoda.?

?Fine young man you have grown into.? Yoda said pointing his cane at Luke.

?Have we met before?? Luke questioned.

?Met we have not but heard about your adventures we have from Bail.?

?Adventures, I haven?t had many adventures, but I?m sure I will now that Bail and my mother have finally consented for me to join the alliance.?

?Bail told us that you?re a good pilot and that you just received your wings from the academy.? Qui-Gon added.

?Yeah I passed with flying colors and here comes the man who taught me everything I know. Hey Han how are you??

?Hey Kid, fancy seeing you here, don?t tell me they let you out of the academy! Did you get your commission??

"I sure did! I?m a fully fledged pilot now and I have you to thank for it too.?

?There?s no need to thank me Luke, just because I taught you everything you know. I?m sure them knuckleheads at the academy may have had a hand in teaching you something after I left.?

?You left? I thought they fired you?? Luke questioned.

?Fired me! Wash your mouth out Luke. I told them that I?d quit my teaching assignment unless they paid me danger money having to put up with some of the hotheads I had to teach how to fly. They wouldn?t pay me more so I left. That?s when Chewie and I went into the cargo hauling business.?

?So what are you doing here on Yavin IV then Han??

?I brought these two old guys here and they said that I?d be well paid once I got here. I kinda owe Jabba the Hutt a lot of money and when I get paid I?m going to Tatooine to pay him, to get him off my back.?

?Speak to Senator Organa regarding your payment you should.? Yoda said as he waved his cane and walked away, with Qui-Gon following him.

?Captain Solo come and see me after I show Yoda and Qui-Gon their quarters.? Bail said as he walked away too.

ooo

Qui-Gon and Yoda followed Bail down a sheltered path through the thick jungle surrounding the space port and hangers. Their quarters were in the Massassi temples that the ancient tribes built millennia ago. The Massassi were red-skinned, yellow-eyed humanoids with a primitive culture and even thought they were extinct now their massive temples still stood and were large enough to house an entire army.

?The boy, like his Father he is over-confident and seeks adventure he does.? Yoda stated.

?Yes, I felt it too

23. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Uhh, so now they have two guys in carbonite? Obi-Wan wouldn't by chance be on Tatooin, too, would he?[face_thinking] That would mean he is in the next chapter [face_hopeful]
    That was much stuff in one chapter, but you did it well, I hope the block goes away![:D]

24. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, you said Obi wouldn't be in this chapter, but I miss him. Good update anyway.

25. Icepaw_Kenobi

Jun 26, 2009
    Great update!

No Obi? How sad!

I like the twist you've put on the story.

=D= =D= =D=

Thanks for the pm. [:D]