main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN TIMMYCON!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dork-Vader, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Less than 19hrs and counting!

"Stay on target. Stay on target."

2. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey Jay hope your surgary went as good as mine. And we all wish you a speedy recovery from all of us here in Arkansas. God Bless man
    Henry, Julia , Tre'

Its my turn 18 hrs and counting. Now where did I put that stuff for TimmyCon....
    " Lets blow this thing and go home kid. "

3. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    4.3 hours and counting.
    I doubt anyone will be on before then, but...
    Just in case Lin or Tim checks, I won't be there until 11 or so to set up--save me some space!
    Jacob

4. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Lin and Tim I'll be there but its going to be about 11.00 I hope. But I will be there. Im bringing two tables so if theres enough room save it for me. Thanks henry

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, we estimated that we had between 175 and 200 people show up at TimmyCon, which is much more than we expected. Lin and I were both extremely pleased with the way it went, and we're already talking about TIMMYCON! 2. We saw a lot of familiar faces yesterday, and we met a lot of new folks and potential members.

We couldn't have done it without the support and participation of the following folks, to whom we owe the success of this event:

Nightmarez for so kindly hosting the first-ever TimmyCon! and its creators Todd Patton, Patrick French, (and, of course, our own Lin Workman).

Antone Wade, creator of Jetta: Tales of the Toshigawa and his wife Janet.

Kevin Williams and Muley

Tim and Tim of All-American Comics in Millington for being the only local comics and collectables shop to participate.

Our participating collectors, Jacob, Sal, Henry, Julia, and Rhonda.

A big thanks to All-American Comics, Henry, Lin, and Nightmarez for donating door prizes.

Thanks to Lori for babysitting the SMT table for me while I played social butterfly.

And while I'm at it, I have to give a HUGE round of thanks to Lin for everything he did to make TimmyCon! a reality. I couldn't have done it without you, buddy!

See y'all at TimmyCon!2, which will be a few more days in the making.

6. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Hey, when Tim and I started talking about doing this I would have been happy if ANYONE else besides us showed up! Man, to have almost 200 folks come thru the doors on a wet, nasty afternoon really made me feel great, and to have several members of the SMT and MSCA there was fantastic.

Yes Virginia, there will be a TC!2...I'm thinking "TIMMYCON!2- The Revenge of the Geeks". Now, who can we get as a guest(s)..?

7. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Glad it went so well guys!
    (Wish we could have been there, but Saturday was a mess. Start the day off with insomnia, neither one of us got more than 2 hrs sleep Friday night. Then factor in Gina's early morning sewing class, and the fact that we needed to buy a new mattress set, then add in the rain. It was not fun, but we ended the day - after two trips to Jackson - with a good night's sleep on a new bed and spent less than half of what we had budgeted.)

As for TC!2, I'll bet with this much notice, I can get some more small press comic book creators and dealers interested....

-Joe

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Make it so, Joe!

Woops... Came dangerously close there to sounding like Star Trek. I could lose my presidency over that.

I love the "TIMMYCON!2: Revenge of the Geeks" title, Lin. We'll have to keep it.

9. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "As you wish, my master..."

Joe- that'd be great. I'm hoping to be able to do a big ol' Pencil Neck Studios/'Bushi Tales' booth. I'm also hoping that the MSCA book will finally be out by then, too! :) I'll see if I can't hit up some of my other comic buds for some promo stuff for the freebie table and/or signed books or posters for give-aways.

10. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    So, for putting feelers out, are we planning on the same timeframe/set-up - October at the Haunt?

-Joe

11. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yeah, unless something else pops up and we do- TIMMYCON! 1.5

12. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Now, who can we get as a guest(s)..?

Let me know what I can do on airline and hotel reservations. If we could get Prowse (provided he could still move by then) that would be great.

It would be REALLY great if we could get the new Vader... ;) He'd never make it to the event though... o_O (Not that he would mind... [face_mischief] )

Seriously, setting up events, meetings, conventions is my line of work, so let me know.

If we work had enough, we could get free space at a hotel with 10 sleeping rooms. ;)

13. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    As for guest incentives, while I applaud Tim's generous donation of McDonald's food, I really think we need to play to our strengths here. We're in Memphis folks, let's offer Barbecue!
    If that don't get celebrities in the door, I don't know what will!

-Joe

14. BlueLoriSaber

BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    If you are gonna get celebrities, then make sure to get good ones, not the ones that no one will recognize because they were only in like one movie, walking past the lead actor, or saying "Would you like fries with that?"

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Ain't that the truth, Lori! That's my biggest problem with a lot of Cons- I see the guest list, and I'm scratching my head going "who the hell is that"?

TimmyCon 1.5??? Hmmmmmmm........

Rhonda: If we got Hayden, we'd have to hold TC!2 at your apartment. We could put up the roping and let folks file past him (since he'd be handcuffed to your bed.)

16. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    Lin: "TIMMYCON!2: Revenge of the Geeks"

I hate to be a stickler, but since we *are* a Star Wars club, shouldn't TimmyCon!3 be Revenge?
    I guess we'd need an Attack! for 2.

Unless of course, we went the Traveling Wilburys route - they named their first Album "Volume 1" and their second album "Volume III". So we could have TimmyCon! III: Revenge of the Geeks to coincide with the Ep3 release on DVD. 'course, then we'd have to go back and do 2 as a prequel at some point....
    ah, I'm thinking about this way too much. That must mean I have a LOT of work that I am avoiding.

-Joe

17. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Oh my GOSH I had so much fun Sat. till we got home and found out our phone lines had been ripped down from the house and drug halfway down thwe street. Anyway they fixed my net today so Im back. We must do TimmyCon 1.5 cant wait till Oct. This time we can do badges for vendors, staff and volunters. Just like the big Cons only smallleeerrr. Anyway had trouble working today thinking of the next Con or how to do one over here. And yes Lin I was thinking of Bushi Tales I cant wait till it comes out and helping with some of the other ideas you have. Well plastic pushers need money so off to bed I go 3:00 AM comes early.
    Oh yeah Tim Tre' was shocked you didnt thank him aswell I dont know why he cares but he said I was there and helped too.

18. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    LOVED IT!
    Thank you everyone for doing TimmyCon! It was great! (I wish I sold more, but that is beside the point).
    Can't wait for the next one. What if we just have TC III in May and then have TC2 next October--who cares about order?

19. BlueLoriSaber

BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    If you get Hayden, I am bringing my handcuff keys and kidnapping him!!!!!

20. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Looks like we are going 2 need 2 raise bail money for 2 people now!

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Could've been worse- Ben was THAT close to Natalie Portman!

Glad everybody had a great time. As for me, I'm not thinking about anything until after New Year's- I'm a tired Super-Kid!

Keep the ideas coming and maybe we can do a dinner meeting after the holidays. I'd like to know what kind of things sold, and if anyone was asking for things that weren't there.

I'd love to get more guests, and more swag to give-away. Maybe hitting the companies around the first of the year will help.

Rhonda- if you're willing we'll put you to work!

Thanks again for all the support!

22. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Could've been worse- Ben was THAT close to Natalie Portman!

Oh yes.

After seeing her, I am now a confirmed Natalie fan. Bad acting, lack of boobs, whatever, it doesn't matter. Insult her and you die! :D

23. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    One word, Ben- 'perky'!

24. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    There's nothing wrong with that. [face_devil]

She looked 'perky' in some of those pix I took (although that's hardly surprising if you're wearing a thin dress here during October), and a few others I've seen lately too.

I really must get my mind out of the gutter....

25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Why?! That's what thin dresses in October or starlets wearing black dresses with no bras in front of the paparazzi are for! God bless sheer material, cold fall weather, and flash photography!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.