main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends Timoritus (Mara Jade Skywalker Angst) **Complete** , Huge Thanks! 7/29

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ginchy, Dec 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Path_Of_The_Oreo: LOVE your user-name! Thank you so much, I?m glad the scariness of it came through, I was nervous about writing that!

JEDIFLYSWATTER: Thanks for reading! Oooh, you figured it out? Cool! My ?clues? worked! And I will PM you whenever I write the sequel!

Maul Brady: Thanks so much!

jackyyy17: Thanks for reading, lady! Yes, Mara does need to talk to Luke about it?. We?ll see if she will. ;) I will certainly PM you when the sequel starts.

Chilla: Thanks, gal!

Jade_eyes: You?re welcome, and it?s all true! :D The characterization was right on target. I can feel Mara's relief and happiness but the lingering fear and uncertainty is there too--because of what her greatest fear turned out to be. I?m so glad the characterization rang true, Mara?s a hard one to peg sometimes. And I totally agree, Mara is the only one I?ve ever wanted with Luke, too! Thank you so much for reading!

Jade_Pilot: Thanks so much! It was easy to miss? I hadn?t updated for a few months, and it?s a short little story! I?m so glad you read, however!

RedGold: Hooray! I?m glad it made sense to you, it was tough for ME to keep it straight! LOL I will PM you, certainly, but I do plan to post it at SWFF; I love that site! :D

JadeLotus: Hey, gal! Thank you so much for believing in this story, and in my ability to write something other than fluff. I really don't know if I could have finished it without the encouragement and knowing that you liked it. Yes, I?m quite excited for the sequel, too? let?s just hope I can do justice to what?s in my brain! LOL

Jedi_Lover: Hey, there! Thank you so much, I?m glad you gave the story a read after it was completed! To be honest with you, after the first chapter I stopped reading this story. Not because it was not good, but because I just couldn't take the angst/sad plot line. No worries! [:D] I must admit that I haven?t been able to read the continuation of your story ?Choices? as I just am a big dork and CANNOT read Luke/Other or Mara/Other. But I do plan on reading over your fic after it is finished (even if it doesn?t end up L/M, I can read it if I don?t have to live with the uncertainty, if that makes any sense! LOL) and I love your writing!

Ariapaige: Wow, thank you for delurking! I am truly honored! And thank you so much for the review! Yes, I think that Mara would be more afraid of what she could do were she to lose control more than anything else. I will PM you when the sequel begins for sure!

Mirax-Jade: Oh, my! I?m sorry to make you cry, but I?m so happy my fic touched you! Thank you so much for the awesome review!

Jedi Trace: Hello, lady! Thank you so much! Sorry for the gray-hairs? ;) Seriously, as a wife and mother that had to be one of the most horrifying things I've ever read - in a good way, though...as a Halloween challenge...you know what I mean. I, of course, am not a mother yet, but as a wife, I cannot imagine anything more horrifying than learning I hurt my husband in some way, and I imagine it is 10x that with your child. I really think control is an issue that Mara has/does deal with, and that?s partially how this fic was born. I will definitely PM you with the sequel, and post it on SWFF. And, I already have my idea for the challenge over there?. Can?t wait to see YOURS and all the others!! :D

Feng_Huang: Thank you so very much! I really hope Mara will tell Luke about her nightmarish experience or it could make the next love-making session a bit... weird, for lack of a better word. And that?s how the sequel was born in my mind? I thought this exactly. I will certainly PM you when the sequel begins!

mavjade: Hey, you! [face_blush] Standing ovation?! You?re too kind, thank you SO much! Never once did the thought cross my mind that she had been poisioned! You did a wond

2. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I had almost forgotten about this until I saw 'Now Complete' in your sig, and had to check out the ending. Thank goodness it was a happy one. I was so glad you hadn't turned darkside on us, even temporarily! Great job. :D

3. divapilot

divapilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Fantastic! So vivid. It seems the greatest fears are reflections of twisted perversions of our deepest loves. So if she loves Luke and Ben as the most wonderful things in her life, and she treasures her relationship with Jaina and the acceptance that this family has given her, and she appreciates her "new" life as a justice-giver and protector, not an assasin, then this would indeed be the most terrifying scenario for her. (I used to have a dream before my first child was born that I would lose him in a busy shopping mall due to my stupidity & forgetfulness, when in fact he was all I ever wished for.) The horror of loss is proportional to the bliss of the gift.

Beautifully done. [face_love]

4. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Jedi-2B: Thanks for reading! I was so glad you hadn't turned darkside on us, even temporarily! [face_laugh] I'm such a mush, I don't think I could ever turn completely darkside! I like my Luke and Mara happy. ;)

divapilot: Thank you so much! The horror of loss is proportional to the bliss of the gift. That IS perfect! You've said exactly what I was trying to say with the entire story, thank you for putting it so elequently! (I used to have a dream before my first child was born that I would lose him in a busy shopping mall due to my stupidity & forgetfulness, when in fact he was all I ever wished for.) I'm not yet a mother, so I cannot completely imagine the horror you would have felt at these dreams, but I tried to put myself in Mara's place to explore her fear over Ben. I know my Mom used to have nightmares that someone would murder me while she was on the telephone, and I can remember how frightened she would look after those dreams (though she never told me what they were about until recently). I tried to translate that 'look' of horror to Mara. I'm glad it came through. Thanks for your reply!

5. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Wow! Thank you all so much for the noms in 'drama' for this fic. I am overwhelmed. You all know I feel so much more comfortable writing humor, so this is a huge surprise and honor for me. So, thank you all so much... Not only for the noms, but for reading, and for your great friendships! [:D] :D

6. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Um... wow? Just read it all and... wow. Really good.

Good story, ginchy.

7. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    DaenaBenjen42: Thank you for reading!

I have posted the first chapter of the sequel. Hope you'll check it out! [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/24403200/p1/?0]To Overcome[/link]

8. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    As my siggy says, I'm still in shock. Thank you all SO much for the Summer '06 award to this fic in the Best Short Story category! I am truly overwhelmed. I hope I can now write the sequel and make it as worthy. Thank, thank, thank, thank you! [:D]

9. divapilot

divapilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    @};- Congratulations!

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] How tremendous!! Congratulations and it was totally deserved!! This was a very riveting read and very emotionally compelling. @};- @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.