main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive Tips/Advice Articles: Non-Human Characters

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by NaboosPrincess, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arononmarr01

arononmarr01 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2008
    sorry to boteverybody with this, but one of my players has pushed me to my limit. does anyone know the racial stats of a mandalorian, or am i right they are near-human, like forceless Miraluka??? I know Miraluka are able to breed with humans, but that doesn't make too much difference in anything, i guess...

2. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I've always taken it that Mandalorian is not exactly a race, more like a group, a clan. It is to my knowledge that there are many species that make up the Mandalorians, not just humans. Check the Mandalorian Wookieepedia page for more info.

Also, I would think that this thread is not for this type of question. Perhaps the Character Design Guild would suit better. I've alway thought this thread was for the sole purpose of posting Tips, not asking questions. I could be wrong though. :)

3. arononmarr01

arononmarr01 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2008
    i don't know either, I'll ask though o_O. I'll stick with Miraluka anyday, personally.

4. JohnHunter

JohnHunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2006

Actually any race classified as "Near-human" or near-human enough can produce offspring with a human.

5. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Time for the annual-ish bump!

For the knowledge, interest, and opportunity for contribution of this new group of players.

-I_H

6. C0rr4n-H0rn

C0rr4n-H0rn Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2009
    Does anyone have tips on playing a Bothan?

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    My tip would be to look through your book collection, and read passages of ones that feature Bothans?

I recall Borsk Feyl'la, Chief of State for the New Republic, was one; and the Yuuzhan Vong conflict novels where he was featured, tended to give some ideas about the Bothan mindset, which is really what you are after.

And I think Luke spent about twenty-five minutes in a Bothan Spy Network base, possibly in Shadows of the Empire, but I did not get the impression that those Bothans were played any differently from Standard Humans.

Also check Wookieepedia and other online sources for Bothan terminology, the planet, and so on, so you can add a bit of colour to your roleplaying.

For instance, on Wookiepedia, the Bothan language is Bothese ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bothese ), and the only example of a word they give is ops'nyzh, which apparently 'approaching euphoric'.

"Here ya go: Crunchy Nut Rhylcate. Better than ***, I reckon. What do you think?"

"Wow." The Bothan leaned back, his eyelids fluttering as the foodstuff exploded in his mouth. "Ops'nyzh."

"That good, huh?"

Sithy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.