main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII Tips for First Celebration

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by LadyJediscientist, Feb 21, 2015.

1. MannieBothans

MannieBothans Jedi Master

Oct 8, 2002
    That is great, and very helpful, thanks. And I just noticed that the info they released to the press about the Rebels public events, the sneak premiere will be on the digital stage and the other event will be on the main stage in the arena-- so that means there will at least be a digital stage again (but I guess this is no guarantee they will use it for overflow of the big arena events).

2. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    At all of the Celebrations I have been to you were always free to come and leave as you please. There was never a once you are in you can never leave situation.

As for wristbands, when I saw George Lucas at C5 wristbands given out at around 6am I believe. The wristband was only for that or specific room and they did not assign seating.

MannieBothans likes this.
  3. MannieBothans

Oct 8, 2002
    Thanks. I can remember at C1, the fire codes would only allow so many people to be in the main exhibit hall at a time, so if you left the main hall to go see a stage presentation in an outside tent, or if you left the main hall to eat in the food tent, you had to wait in line for several hours just to get back in to the main hall where all of the props, vendors, displays, and other things were. So that's not the case with these larger venues anymore? (C3 store lines notwithstanding).

4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Correct. The times they are a' changin.

MannieBothans likes this.
  5. MannieBothans

Oct 8, 2002
  6. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015
    This is my first convention ever and planning isn't easy, rawr! I've got a list and hope it's complete, but it never will. I might post my checklist in a few days and ask for some input.

7. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    This is my first Celebration, but if it's anything like the technical conferences I've been to, the best advice I can give: wear comfortable shoes. Don't buy new shoes before the event and try to break them in during. Your feet will hate you.

I bought new shoes just before TechEd a few years ago and it was a terrible choice.

8. MannieBothans

Oct 8, 2002
    Aaaaaannnnd yet another stupid newbie question--- At C1 in Denver, they had a lot of actual movie props on display in the hangar... is that something that more recent Celebrations have continued?

9. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002

Movie prop displays were seen at Celebrations II - IV, but I don't recall seeing any at Celebration V or VI in Orlando. They have had some art exhibitions, like McQuarrie pieces in a room on display. but since we're back on the west coast, and there's a new movie coming up, so who knows?

10. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    They had a lot of neat fan stuff (life sized legos, a neato rancor, AT-AT and more), and ranchio obi wan had a private collection including some movie props.

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think the Rancho Obi-Wan experience is your safest bet on seeing some actual props, otherwise there will probably be lot of amazing fan-built replicas around.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    For CE we had some of the props on display at a London museum as part of an ongoing SW show.

13. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    JediMara77 likes this.
  14. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    Listening to the podcast now, thanks for the info jawajames!

15. mxcp204

mxcp204 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    Is it pretty much assumed that they're going to show the force awakens trailer at the panel on thursday morning?

16. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    That is what people are guessing, but nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

I have been to several Celebrations and the only thing that I can say is the old cliche of "expect the unexpected" - that and wear comfortable shoes too.

17. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Yesterday in Denmark people could go to one of the Cinemas and get two free tickets for a live screening of The Main Event from Celebration.

Info says

Event is streamed in 2 Cinemas in Denmark. Make of the text what you want.:)

18. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    Empire (the magazine) posted on their online site that the trailer will be shown during that panel, which I think is the first, sort of, official statement about that.

19. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    The main panel on Thursday is also being broadcast at Oz Comic-Con in Adelaide on Saturday and Sunday. Makes sense since ReedPop are the organisers of both.

20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Just because one person hypothesized that it would be a good time to show a trailer and the internet echo chamber reported it over and over again, doesn't make it fact.

There is still no official source (StarWars.com) confirming any content at the panel. Don't believe what you read on "news" sites. Always find the source. In this case, there is none.

Of course, this could change, but as of now, all this is conjecture and wishing.

21. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Why else would they have screenings of the opening ceremony in the UK, Australia and Denmark and possibly other places in the world if there is no trailer. Why go through the trouble?

22. cronedoggy

Nov 3, 2012
    Everyone assumes there will be a trailer, and it will probably be the case, but diewomprat was just pointing out, correctly, that it isn't officially confirmed. In the age of junk journalism, it is important to note that rumors aren't official.

23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

It will probably be the trailer or some other footage, but it's not guaranteed. It could be just a discussion with the cast, costumes...who knows. I'm certainly hoping it's a trailer and footage!

24. cronedoggy

Nov 3, 2012

If i could choose, id rather have a panel with Daisy, John and Oscar at the panel, and wait to see the trailer for 10 days. Too bad the new stars are too famous/rich to do photos and autographs with the fans.

25. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    Sorry, my mistake. I though Empire magazine was a legit source for information.