main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Tis the season to stress...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Miccu_Resea, Dec 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I just thought ill create a thread about the woes that our younger members are going through right now.

For those of you who dont know, it is the time of finals. I just finished one final, and by this time thrusday, ill be finished with them all. But tomorrow will be H E double hockey Sticks. I have an AP chem final and a Pre-calc final tomorrow, and to top it off, i have to go to a game tonight in Pueblo...So this night will be fun... [face_plain]

Any horror stories you want to share or share the stress you are going through right now?

2. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    Ok I know I'm sure to get flamed but I gotta let loose.
    I was looking thru the new x mas icons and it hit me. there are icons for simpsons, muppets,flinstones, harry potter, national lampoons, as well as a ton of other misc choices. we all like this stuff and talk about it on the boards but enough is enough.

3. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Just wait until Finals becomes Deadlines, and Grades as the reward becomes Being able to eat.

You will look back fondly on Finals.

4. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Amen to that Obi_Wannabe. I would take finals any day over arguing with Foleys over my credit card with them. Any day!

5. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    yea true , I will come take your finals if you figure out how you can pay my rent.

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    ok i know pueblo is crappy, but it cant be that bad to come down here. and what game are you coming down here for?

7. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I'm stressed out. I have a stockpile of money and don't know what to get myself for christmas!!! I almost got a 12" Zuckuss though, man he looks awesome. Hmmm... Might just go back to store and get one lol

8. alison_breeze

alison_breeze Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002

While it's definitely true that work and supporting oneself presents an entire new legion of things to stress over, I have to admit that I *do* remember the angst of finals. Really, they were terrible... I remember being so stressed and sick with a cold one year that I brought my favorite stuffed bunny to the tests with me - and that was in grad school! (But then, my department and profs were used to us students being strange.) Maybe it's just that not enough time has passed for my memory to fog over. :)

So, stress...I guess I'm relative low on it at the moment, for this time of year. I have about 2 days of work to get done in my 3/4 day at work before I leave tomorrow, but it could be worse.

Good luck with finals and deadlines, everyone!

9. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    I suppose I should take into account that finals and things were always easy for me. My best two examples: I fell asleep during both the SATs and my Chem final in military school. I got a 1400 on the SATs and an A on the Chem test (and I suck at Chem)

Not that I'm bragging....;)

10. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Its all relative.
    When I was in school, It sucked & all I wanted was to work for a living. To actually get my own money for all those hours of doing what someone else told me to do.
    Now that I work for a living, It sucks & I want to be back in school pretending to do what someone else tells me to do while spending my parents money.

So either way, it sucks & the stress is unavoidable.

Happy Holidays [face_plain]

always remember-

It could be worse. Much, much, much worse.

11. BountyHunter-Firefly

BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2002
    Obi_Wannabe:Just wait until Finals becomes Deadlines, and Grades as the reward becomes Being able to eat.

You will look back fondly on Finals.

arrowheadpodracer:Its all relative.
    When I was in school, It sucked & all I wanted was to work for a living. To actually get my own money for all those hours of doing what someone else told me to do.
    Now that I work for a living, It sucks & I want to be back in school pretending to do what someone else tells me to do while spending my parents money.

Yes. I too would rather be back in HS.
    [yoda_voice]Once you start down the work path, forever will it dominate your destiny.[voice/]

Yup.

12. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I was in pueblo because i had a basketball game. It wasnt bad that i was going to pueblo, but i had to go there because i should have been studing instead of playing a game.

Well, Pre-calc was easy, got that done. AP chem was reeeeally hard, and im glad thats done.

Now for AP lit and Theology...uggghhh...

13. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    THEOLOGY?????? AAAHHHHHHHH....RUN AWAY!!!!!!

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Here's the trick, figuring out how to pay for college and study for those finals. :p

15. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I hated finals as much as the next person, but that feeling you get when you finish your last final is like a little slice of heaven pie!! or maybe drugs, take your pick, kiddies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.