main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Title Feature?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Dark_Lord_Erik, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    I would have to say that the title feature could be really neat for informational purposes like, listing why a VIP is a VIP, or what forum a mod is responsible for etc... But for little comments that could go into a sig, I think it would be a waste of a feature.

2. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I don't want to take things too far with the elitism charge, or make too big an issue out of it. A simple explanation from Vertical or NathanDahlin would be most helpful.

I wouldn't believe them if they gave one.

3. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Perhaps something from Zerosleep, as well.

4. ADONIAH32

ADONIAH32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    I would believe them, especially Vertical. Vert is a very honest and straight-forward admin. He will give us a proper explanation.

5. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    gah, guys, calm down, this happened like 3 hours ago. Nothing's been decided yet.

6. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Vert is a very honest and straight-forward admin.

Trying... to contain... laughter. I'm sorry, I just can't stifle it!

That's a load of crock. If you want to real deal on vertical, where he won't censor me from giving you an explanation, let me know.

7. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    gah, guys, calm down, this happened like 3 hours ago. Nothing's been decided yet.

Yet it was decided that Admins can go ahead and screw around with it. Either that, or they got over-zealous with their new toy. Pot. Kettle. Black.

8. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Jeesh, people, calm down. zerosleep dropped this in our laps a few hours ago and yes, some of us have been playing with the feature. What is the big deal? I don't even think there's an administrator on right now. So just chill. Go back to oh, I don't know, talking about Star Wars??

9. ADONIAH32

Jan 18, 2002
    Geesh, Dan, take five...its a custom title. It's a little thing that says:

Title:

Would you really feel special if you got one, or are you just jealous? Get over it.

10. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    I don't think DL's explination of 'I want everyone to know she's special to me' helped 'calm things down'. But I respect you PB, so I'll let this lie until a decision has been reached among the Mods.

11. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    here's the deal. zerosleep added the feature and I've been playing with it like anybody with a new toy. I have given most of the VIP authors titles identify their Star Wars work and I gave my fiance a title to freak her out on her first visit to JC since April 7th. Of course it wasn't going to be permanent because I knew every single person here would be jealous and want one after seeing hers. I was just having fun by tagging her and seeing how many noticed.
    Another admin freaked out and deleted it after someone else freaked out and PMed him instead of contacting me directly as should have been done.

Oh yeah, and I gave Gandolf the Grey a title too so he doesn't feel left out ;)

12. jediguy

Jun 10, 2000
    Thanks DL. So when you going to start on the other 65,999 members?

13. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    well, I would actually have taken that question seriously, but ity looks like that since mj can't have one, no one else can too.
    And I thought handing out titles randomly would have been fun.

14. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    Thank you for the clarification, DL.

15. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    All right. When you get around to giving us our titles, I want mine to say either "Big Papa Smurf" or "Pink Fairy Princess." I'm not sure which yet.

16. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    ADONIA: Nice backpedel! "He does seem to have a point there. Oh I know! I can just change the subject and use ad homs to divert attention from the reply he dished out to me!"

But you don't want the truth, do you? I suppose I can understand.

17. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Let's end this ASAP to avoid yet another 900+ post thread of members accusing admins of being elitist, Satan worshipping, card carrying members of the Illuminati, and admins accusing members of wanting to be an admin themselves so they can go on a power-hungry jaunt across the boards.

All or none, and decide quickly, not just for yourselves, your friends, or your petty little "secret" members only internet drama boards, but for everyone. Or is that asking too much??

18. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    But I am elitist. can't you tell?

19. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I'm just dying for that custom title! I need it more than anything else. But there's only one way to get it!

[image = lameoverusedandannoying.gif]

20. ADONIAH32

Jan 18, 2002
    Dan: If you have a problem with me, you can PM me, not doing it out here in the public.

And once again, i must ask, who the HECK cares?! Its a title, people. Why are you going nuts over it?

21. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    While we're putting in requests, I'd like mine to be "EmpressPalpatines Boy Toy", please.

Thank you.

22. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    Darn! That's a good one, Ignant. I wish I'd though of it. :(

23. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Dan, you're gonna give people brain seizures with that pic. One PreacherBoy is (er, was) enough for this place.

24. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Dan: If you have a problem with me, you can PM me, not doing it out here in the public.

Funny, I didn't see you doing that when you broke out the name-calling.

Now I'm going to bed, where I'm going to lose so much sleep over the whole issue... I don't know if I'll be able to sleep MAH GAWD!

Oh BTW, my custom title will be 42 FORCEBOAT SNAK ATAK. kthnxbye

25. jediguy

Jun 10, 2000
    Well, you have ONE PreacherBoy to start off with. You BAN him. HOW MANY PREACHERBOYS DO YOU HAVE LEFT?

Do the math, genius.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.