main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Titles for AC members?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DUSHONI, Jun 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DUSHONI

DUSHONI Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2001
    I think the Advisory Council was a great idea. They can really help as liasons between he regular users and the mods.

Does anybody think that if they have "Advisory Council Member" under their username, that it would help the users to recognize who is a member, so users don't have to search to find who is who.

There are revolving members and so as the members change, the titles get updated.

Some users may not be comfortable PM'ing a mod, so I thought this may help. :D

Just a thought.

or is this lame? 8-}

2. DUSHONI

Aug 22, 2001
    BTW..foer those who don't know, the AC members don't get colors, so this could be a way for them to be recognized on teh boards.

3. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I was thinking about this as well, and I say it's a good idea.

That way, their sig, which never gets read, won't have to be taken up. They will be easier to recoginze, but they won't be "colored" or have special abilities or stuff that really sets them apart.

¤Night

4. DUSHONI

Aug 22, 2001
    or have special abilities

Well, they can still walk through walls though 8-}

5. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I think that's a great idea. :)

6. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Well if a regular user can have the title of "dink" in big bold black letters, then I'd guess anything's possible. ;)

7. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    sigh...

I think giving the Adivsory Council members titles is a good idea.

8. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Yep, sounds groovy.

9. DUSHONI

Aug 22, 2001
    ////cracks open a brewskie

YAY!! This is the first reccomendation that I've posted in Communications that actually has had a positive response!!! :)

10. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    DUSHONI, I think that this is a horrible idea.

Feel better now? [face_mischief] :p

(Really, I do think that it's a good idea :))

11. DUSHONI

Aug 22, 2001
    DUSHONI, I think that this is a horrible idea

//puts down brewskie

///picks up bottle of hard liquor

////breaks it ofer Gandolf's head

8-}

(You know I think you da man Gandy ;) )

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    hmmm, i've been here for over a year, & i've never heard of the AC. anyway, i think it's a good idea. ;)

13. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Why does the Air Conditioning need a title?

:)

Good idea

14. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Nope, I dont think they need it.

Its like when the AC first started, there were ideas of special icons, VIP status, all sorts of stuff. It wasnt necessary, because we dont want to make the AC members seem like anything other than regular members.

Personally, I see titles the same way.

I said it before I left...titles arent necessary. It is, however, up to the current batch of ACers to decide.

There is a thread in the Welcome Jedi Younglings forum with the names of the AC members. There is a thread here in Communications...there is one in the JCC too.

Sigs are all that is needed...any extras could elevate ACers to higher levels than regular users.

15. DUSHONI

Aug 22, 2001
    Well....the only problem I see is that folks really don't read signatures so it would just open up access to the members of the AC...

16. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Darth_Dagsy:
    You know, if we're going to inflict colors on Windy whether he likes it or not, I think that the least we can do is title the AC members... [face_devil]

17. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    DUSHONI, thats why there are threads in the Welcome forum, the JCC, and here in Communications.

Gandy, first, I would like to see you get Windy to take colours...it'll be one helluva challenge ;)

18. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    im not so sure its necessary either, as DD said, we don't want to elevate these AC guys in any way, and knowing the members as i do, i think it would become an issue

i think the signature is fine at present

19. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    We've offered this option to the members of the AC, and pretty much all of them agreed that they didn't want them, and were happy to use signatures to advertise.

But we have no problem if they do want them.

20. DUSHONI

Aug 22, 2001
    we don't want to elevate these AC guys in any way

I think that's a minor issue. People don't ALL go to the forums where the AC listing is. I appreciate you AC guys being humble but at the same time, I feel that it would be more sensible to have titles. I don't remember who all the AC guys are and I'm sure that most don't either. With all due respect, get over the whole "elevation" issue and make yourselves more accessible and known to the people. I thought the purpose of the AC was to help. I say this, NOT to be rude (I think DAGSY and Humble extra are cool guys :) ) but I also want the users so they don't have to go on a search for help when the feel that a mod can't help them. They see the AC title and they can simply click on your name and PM you.

21. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Couldn't one just check the latest AC thread if they want to know so badly who's currently on the AC??

22. DUSHONI

Aug 22, 2001
    True, but do most newbies knopw about the AC thread?

23. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    The other thing that needs considering, DUSHONI, is that regular members are not supposed to have titles.

That is the general rule that has been decided on in order to avoid misuse of the Title feature.

There are people that would see the titles given to ACers, and start asking 'Why not me?'. These people would not be happy with regular users having titles.

We dont want to encourage people to have arguments over something as insignificant as Titles.

EDIT: Most newbies that go to the Welcome forum will see the AC thread there.

24. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    We debated this when I was on the AC. I don't agree with titles for the ACers. If needs be they can let you know in their sigs, which we all did at the time.

If you are unsure of the present members just visit the AC thread in the Welcome Forum. This thread has an up to date list of AC members.

However, I do concede that this may have positive effects of attracting those who are less informed of the AC (its role and members). Which is a good thing as they represent the entire membership.

25. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah, it was agreed we didn't want to seem special. We just wanted to be ordinary, dumb posters :p

If a memeber feels the need to PM an authority type figure, then go to someone with colors. If they want to PM a member "in the know", then contact an AC member, using a little research.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.